PDA

View Full Version : Progress report.

Polar Bear
Jan 5, 2015, 1:08 PM
Howdy folks,

its to been a few months since my last post. I thought I would give a progress report. Last year was a medically difficult year. In March I had a hysterectomy (an Intersex condition), an appendectomy and my gall bladder removed in one long surgery. In August I had a gastric sleeve procedure. I am happy to report that my Heath has taken a drastic step in the positive direction. As of today my weight loss total reached an incredible 322 lbs overall. 98 of those lbs were logged since my surgery in August. I am on testosterone treatments for the rest of my life but other than that I feel great. My highest weigh in was 587 lbs in December 2009. Today I weighed in at 265 lbs.:bipride:

32400 32401

tenni
Jan 5, 2015, 3:46 PM
Wow! I wish you continued improvement with your health. Are you now pain free after the surgeries?(I think that you wrote that you were in pain before the diagnosis?)

Polar Bear
Jan 5, 2015, 4:33 PM
I am pain free and able to exercise regularly.

sysper
Jan 5, 2015, 6:33 PM
congratulations, i hope u keep on getting healthy :)

AGuyIKnow
Jan 5, 2015, 10:23 PM
That's fantastic! Glad to hear you're making progress. You look great! :bigrin:

Realist
Jan 6, 2015, 8:40 AM
Great news, Polar!

It's remarkable that you survived all that and then got healthier in the process!

Hope 2015's a banner year for you!

PeninAZ
Jan 6, 2015, 11:42 PM
Good for you!

void()
Jan 7, 2015, 8:27 AM
HUG

Good to read you're doing better. I too apparently am a lifelong course of testostorone. Am told it helps stabalize my moods.

I look at the doctors and therapists and have to ask, "moods?" They respond with a run down of anxiety, depression, anger, frustration. Given the current housing situation I reply back, "oh, and me running around like some horny teen without release, yet constrained to a body of a middle aged burn out is an improvement?" They assure it is indeed that. I shake my head and amble on.

Need to get back into habit of crunches, twisted sister exercises, maybe even do the whole Jane Fonda super charging routine. (sighs in dread) I do walk a short bit now and again. Been loosing a good bit of weight too. All but quite smoking. In the last two weeks I may have had as many traditional cigarettes, may go another two to four weeks without any traditionals. Find using an e.n.d.s works out for me. (electronic nicotine delievry system)

My greatest hurdle lies in arthritis & nerve damage. It seems at times the two are unison, and then at times in overwatch/watch collusion. "Arthritis you take him during the morning, I, nerves will flare up around noon. Together we'll totally f**k with his muscles wich we will dominate to do our spastic bidding. Muhahaha!" It has become almost a joke if it were not. "I'll just go toss a cup of coffee all over everything, or start boxing myself for no apparent reason. I'll be fine." It's the not knowing when my body will go wonky like that which destroys sanity in knowing I can focus on delicate tasks.

But I do okay. I get firewood in for my father-in-law, help sweep, do laundry. Am looking into building a dog kennel soon. Can manage basics if I have a little gentle prodding to stay on task. Have odd moments where I wander off and get lost. Scared a therapist in doing that a few weeks ago. She realized then, "oh my gosh, he could fade out like that and go into some wild kill mode and not recall it". Saw the terror in her eyes, worked a moment or two and had her prompt me, got back to where I'd left off. Not sure where I had gone, or why.

Speaking of going, need to at present. Morning feeding and daily routine chores/projects. Run it slow hon.

DuckiesDarling
Jan 7, 2015, 8:44 AM
Wow, that is awesome. I'm so glad you are doing better. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way.

Polar Bear
Jan 12, 2015, 9:48 PM
A big hug and a thanks to all that took the time to reply.

ZmbGirl
Jan 13, 2015, 12:01 AM
Awesome job! You look much healthier now!! :)