PDA

View Full Version : Meeting fellow members here?

Neonaught
Dec 2, 2014, 10:45 AM
Today it occurred to me that, despite having been on the site for several years, I have yet to actually meet any of the members. I have emailed and been emailed and gotten responses but nothing has ever come of it (pun alert!) to date. Anyone else having the same experience?

AGuyIKnow
Dec 2, 2014, 11:19 AM
It seems to be people that have been members for a year of two but don't post or only a few times. They also don't seem to logon very often either.

ukmale32
Dec 2, 2014, 11:55 AM
After some years, this is the reason I'm out of here soon :(

Waylon
Dec 2, 2014, 12:11 PM
I was fortunate and met a very good looking man on this site about 2 years ago. He was well-built, worked out, very good looking and nicely hung. We had a very hot relationship for almost a year until he had to move away on business. He really enjoyed my oral skills and I really enjoyed pleasuring him.

nomorenomore
Dec 2, 2014, 2:52 PM
I came close to meeting someone. We had it scheduled, then the day came and he got called into work and my "volunteers" bagged on me, leaving me to have to get ready for a major party by myself. We have talked about hooking up again, but my life has been flat out between work, moving, and other obligations.

pole_smoker
Dec 2, 2014, 4:02 PM
My friends who are single that hook up online tell me how very few people actually want to ever meet in person.

They'll trade pics, talk about what they want to do sexually, tell you how hot you are, and talk to you on the phone; but out of 10 people only maybe 1 of them will actually meet you.

Then I've heard stories about how the person uses very old pictures that are a decade old and how in person they look nothing like the picture they have posted on the internet.

Redlion
Dec 2, 2014, 4:34 PM
I tried meeting up with someone, but things kept going wrong and now can't message them as their message storage full.

bikurinpa
Dec 2, 2014, 4:40 PM
I been on here several years also, and no luck, I had gotten the fewest replies from this site due to just not very many within my area that is on this site. I had found that so many are just on here to play games and b/s. They just get on here or any sites out the spur of moment when they are horny and chat claiming to found what they want, and after getting their rock off, then they are done and do not want to chat anymore. When someone does that to me and goes blank, they earn a place on my ignore list because I give them no second chance to b/s!
Today it occurred to me that, despite having been on the site for several years, I have yet to actually meet any of the members. I have emailed and been emailed and gotten responses but nothing has ever come of it (pun alert!) to date. Anyone else having the same experience?

acbullrider
Dec 2, 2014, 6:04 PM
We all so have been on this site for several years . We have talked to people in our area that wants to meet with us but never find the time to play . we have gone out of our way to meet with people and was stood up more than one time with no response back as to why

bikurinpa
Dec 2, 2014, 6:26 PM
Typical game players, exact same problem here, not just from this site but any man2 man sites end up with same results. I think chances are much better of finding someone in real life by pure dumb luck that a conversation leads into it, then online on any these m2m sites
We all so have been on this site for several years . We have talked to people in our area that wants to meet with us but never find the time to play . we have gone out of our way to meet with people and was stood up more than one time with no response back as to why

67torinouy
Dec 2, 2014, 6:29 PM
yeah there's alot of bs on here to be sure and alot of bullshitters as well. hate to say it but my best luck actually meeting males and females have been on CL. AFF was a complete waste of time and money. maybe couples have better luck?

billblueeyes
Dec 2, 2014, 10:30 PM
I have found the same thing in this area. You can send emails all day long and no one cares to answer. I wonder why they are on this site if they do not want to meet others.

bikurinpa
Dec 3, 2014, 7:35 AM
For this area here, CL is no good, all posters here wont reply back or they just want quick anonymous random sex, so CL is no good here either. As far as AFF, I tried it and was a waste of money, over 50% of the profiles have not been online for 30 days or longer, Lots of abandoned profiles.
I have found the same thing in this area. You can send emails all day long and no one cares to answer. I wonder why they are on this site if they do not want to meet others.

Coastocoast
Dec 3, 2014, 8:01 AM
I have been here and a few years along with other places without meeting up with anyone as well. The vast majority of people are married/partnered and want to hookup behind someone's back or play hit and run. Since this is not what I am looking for meeting someone has never happened. CL here is similar. In a city area meeting up with someone who expects to meet with one or two one sentence emails would have high odds on picking up something bad.

its just me
Dec 3, 2014, 8:39 AM
I met a friend that I "KNEW" on here, he lived about an hour south of me....that surprised me.
We got together for a few years and then he moved away. Back looking but I bet I'll never run into that situation again.

aLABiM75 & StrF51
Dec 3, 2014, 11:20 AM
Didn't think of this as a dating site....
While I would be glad to meet and maybe even form a local Group of Forum Members,
it's not what I see as the intent of being here.

Lisa (va)
Dec 3, 2014, 11:31 AM
Been a member for about 11 years or so. Actually only met 3 other members from the site. But that is not to say everyone wants to meet up for random sex with people they don't know or barely know. I make no claims to wanting to meet folks for the purpose of having sex, but it is nice sometimes to meet someone, over coffee/lunch, that you've known for many years. And it could be the approach some people take, get to know someone before you think about meeting: only speaking for myself but when I get a message in my inbox from someone I never knew existed before the email looking to meet up, the chances are pretty good I will pass.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Hypersexual11
Dec 3, 2014, 12:05 PM
I met one guy here, for a non-sexual encounter with my wife and I. We went on a pretty long hike in the woods. He was a really nice guy but I didn't push the relationship. I don't think we would be compatible sexually. But he did answer all e-mails, showed up when and where he was supposed to and we had a pretty nice, if not tiring day.

pole_smoker
Dec 3, 2014, 3:57 PM
Been a member for about 11 years or so. Actually only met 3 other members from the site. But that is not to say everyone wants to meet up for random sex with people they don't know or barely know. I make no claims to wanting to meet folks for the purpose of having sex, but it is nice sometimes to meet someone, over coffee/lunch, that you've known for many years. And it could be the approach some people take, get to know someone before you think about meeting: only speaking for myself but when I get a message in my inbox from someone I never knew existed before the email looking to meet up, the chances are pretty good I will pass.

Lisa

hugs n kisses
Have you ever hooked up with anyone online for sex?

My profile states that my partner and I are not interested in this; but I do sometimes get emails on here from people who get their hopes up, and who don't read profiles.

cuttin2dachase
Dec 3, 2014, 6:17 PM
When I first found this site, I was warmly welcomed by most of the chatroom regulars. I didn't get the feel that this was a hookup site. It has been more of a place where bi-birds of a feather flock together and support each other and chat about a lot of things other than hooking up for sex. I've lived in NC near Raleigh and in Macon GA and now in the suburbs of Atlanta since I became a regular here. There have been but a handful of men and couples near enough to me for realtime meetings. Most of them I reached out to via email were uninterested in meeting, but became platonic chat friends. I have certain friends here (and you know who you are!) whom I would not hesitate to meet for dinner, drinks, and more if we did live near enough to each other. I have been fortunate enough to meet a bi married man from this site when I was in NC. He and I became FWB lovers for about a year. I also became friends with and played several times with one couple I met here. I've had much more success meeting people using the popular hookup sites such as craigslist, swinglifestyle.com, silverdaddies etc., but of course that is the purpose of those sites. I still welcome emails and chats from almost anyone even though the chances of meeting anyone near me are slim.

sysper
Dec 3, 2014, 8:05 PM
i joined this site to try & figure out my sexuality & be in an environment where i could feel comfortable bringing up certain topics. i didn't come here to meet ne1 but i am open to it. in fact i think i would have more luck finding some1 here than aff or craigslist cause this isn't a quick hookup site, we're encouraged to talk about things & not just about pure sex. but just like other places i wind up having some good conversations with people here & it sounds like it would be nice to meet & it turns out we live too far apart. happens too often if u ask me :(

Hatt94
Dec 4, 2014, 5:42 PM
Yes. I did meet a member on here. We've had fun a few times, and hopefully more fun in the future.

Ridgid 6.5
Dec 5, 2014, 7:48 PM
People only want to meet when they are horny. A quick jerk off, or whatever it takes and on they go until next time.
Or if they set up a meet, the same thing happens. The day of the date they get cold feet and decide that maybe it ain't worth
the anxiety and trouble and call in sick or some other feeble excuse. I have found that it will take a lot of persistence and will power to actually find a FWB that might last longer then one meeting. Maybe some people have dream encounters fixated in their brains and are disappointed with real people with some real flaws in a real life situation.

Neonaught
Dec 6, 2014, 10:01 AM
While I do see men solo we also play as a couple with both couples and single. Our experience has been that couples tend to be reliable when they agree to meet but men tend to flake out 75% of the time. This happened just last night actually.

bikurinpa
Dec 6, 2014, 2:04 PM
You sure hit the nail right on the head with a sledge hammer!. That is the way it is on here, Guys get horny and get on here claiming to b serious and wanting FWBs and once they get their rock off, they just end up just being serious bull shitters! Out of 100 who claim to b serous maybe 1 will really be IF u are lucky!

People only want to meet when they are horny. A quick jerk off, or whatever it takes and on they go until next time.
Or if they set up a meet, the same thing happens. The day of the date they get cold feet and decide that maybe it ain't worth
the anxiety and trouble and call in sick or some other feeble excuse. I have found that it will take a lot of persistence and will power to actually find a FWB that might last longer then one meeting. Maybe some people have dream encounters fixated in their brains and are disappointed with real people with some real flaws in a real life situation.

NjbiGuy01
Dec 6, 2014, 2:39 PM
I've met a few people here. Had experiences good bad and indifferent. Like most of the web, lots of complete lack of responses which is sad. I went on business trips and hoped to maybe meet someone for a beer or some play, but no responses. Some people were nice enough to say "no thanks", but most didn't bother responding. It can be hit or miss. I still like the forum, sometimes hang in chat, and see who's new here......nothing exciting happened here for me in some time.....

jem_is_bi
Dec 6, 2014, 9:27 PM
This is not the best hook-up site.
I would like to meet others, but not for play. My male partner is not OK with me playing with others. .