PDA

View Full Version : Poppers

easilyused
Nov 13, 2014, 6:22 PM
Have been given the opportunity to use poppers. Never having used them before, I am looking for advice/reality checks.

Hypersexual11
Nov 13, 2014, 7:54 PM
I asked the same question somewhere awhile back. You will hear everything from 'not harmful' to 'will kill you the first time you use'. You might look up the ingredients and then look into their side effects.
I have used them for years, fairly consistently. The rush is quick but pretty intense. It has the effect of deleting all your thoughts that don't concern sex. It has the effect of making me enjoy sucking dick way more than humanly possible. It makes anal start out much easier. I obviously condone their use in moderation. Maybe do a couple hits during sex a couple times a week. Save the second hit for about 15 seconds before you come.
Lotsa brands in the local abs I noticed. I only have tried Rush.

BiBedBud
Nov 13, 2014, 10:24 PM
Ya know, this is yet anothe MAJOR problem with the "War on Drugs". There is a general lack of good information. In lieu of good information, the message delivered is simply "Drugs are Bad" (like Mr. MacKay on South Park).

It is important to understand what different drugs are, how they work and what their effect is on the body. This is the least you should know -- in addition to knowing if you're getting what you're supposed to be getting. Often, adulterants and additives and other polutants are in there, all the same, and this is what actually does damage to your health.

The thing to understand about "Poppers" is that they are essentially a form of "solvent abuse", one or two small steps away from huffing paint or sniffing gasoline. It's the same idea. As such, you should recognize that none of these substances are intended for human consumption in this way -- rather they are industrial products that have this effect. Because they are industrial products, they are not likely to be as pure as a genuine pharmaceutical, which are manufactured with strict controls to ensure correct chemistry.

With all kinds of "solvent abuse" it is an inherent added danger, that you won't likely be consuming only the precise chemical listed, but also a few other chemicals in lesser quantities, also known as "impurities". This is an inherent risk with 'fractional distillation' (which inherently gives you a spread of similar chemical, rather than a process that involves chystallization, which are generally better distinguished in their chemical outputs).

Long story short: All "solvent abuse" is bad for you. Unlike an actual drug like, say, marijuana, which does have a "psychoactive ingredient" that binds to receptor sites in the brain, solvents work on the brain by ACTUALLY DISSOLVING IT!

That's right, your brain is a big glob of fat, essentially. The bulk of your "grey matter" is actually a fatty tissue, and these solvents actually *dissolve* the brain. They literally *MELT* your brain.

Conversely, other drugs, like the opiods, mimic the action in the body of 'endorphins' which are naturally produced in the body to combat pain. The opiods just do that by a factor of a million. Cocaine works in the other direction, firing up adrenaline production in the body.

Of these four types of drugs I've mentionned, easilly the most physically damaging to the brain is the solvents. The opiods might be more addictive. The stimulants like cocaine or meth might be more disruptive of your health, and the pot would be about as bad as the given quantity you're smoking -- for the sake of the smoke, that is (not the THC).

If you want my advice, you'll leave the solvents alone, and use them only to clean machinery (which is what those chemicals are actually supposed to be used for).:2cents:

12voltyV2.0
Nov 13, 2014, 11:08 PM
I fall on the side of "don't use that shit!" personally. I am cool with using pot and mild drinking--but other than that--I am against the use of all other "drugs." I am really surprised with the potential negative aspects of using poppers, that their use has not been outlawed. I have to say--if I were a legislator--I would push hard, hot and heavy for a ban on them.

I just don't think that they are good to use and not needed---I can tell you----I would not be with a partner that used this stuff---just like I would not be with someone who used cocaine, shot heroin or smoked or otherwise used meth.

Just don't need all that nasty shit!!

pole_smoker
Nov 13, 2014, 11:17 PM
I have never used them, and neither has my partner.

I have met bi and gay men who have. They are bottoms or versatile. They said it makes taking a large dick, or object like a dildo or fist easier.

When I was first coming out and going to bars decades ago people would sniff them while dancing.

If other people want to use poppers or Amyl that is their choice. It doesn't effect my partner, or myself at all.

Even if they were made illegal people would still be easily able to get them and would still use them.

BiBedBud
Nov 14, 2014, 12:07 AM
......................................REDACTED.... ............... I am really surprised with the potential negative aspects of using poppers, that their use has not been outlawed. I have to say--if I were a legislator--I would push hard, hot and heavy for a ban on them.

I just don't think that they are good to use and not needed---I can tell you----I would not be with a partner that used this stuff---just like I would not be with someone who used cocaine, shot heroin or smoked or otherwise used meth.

Just don't need all that nasty shit!!

I have to wonder, if "Poppers" were as popular in the "straight" community as it is in the "gay community", if they'd be so easilly available.
It's kinda like "selective chemical warfare" -- let the gays use it to kill themselves, for all they care.

Remember that scene in the Godfather, when "The Commission" is gathering to discuss the narcotics trade, and they agree amongst themselves to keep the heroin trade "among the coloured peoples. They're animals anyways, so let them loose their souls". That meeting really did happen, and those policy decisions were taken and implemented, and the scourage of that persists to that day.

I think it is naive to expect a similar rationale hasn't been weighed, just the same way, for gay people. (Gay people would be easier to control, if they're routinely "Poppered".)

Know thyne enemy!

pole_smoker
Nov 14, 2014, 12:17 AM
I have to wonder, if "Poppers" were as popular in the "straight" community as it is in the "gay community", if they'd be so easilly available.
It's kinda like "selective chemical warfare" -- let the gays use it to kill themselves, for all they care.

Remember that scene in the Godfather, when "The Commission" is gathering to discuss the narcotics trade, and they agree amongst themselves to keep the heroin trade "among the coloured peoples. They're animals anyways, so let them loose their souls". That meeting really did happen, and those policy decisions were taken and implemented, and the scourage of that persists to that day.

I think it is naive to expect a similar rationale hasn't been weighed, just the same way, for gay people. (Gay people would be easier to control, if they're routinely "Poppered".)

Know thyne enemy!
Some heterosexual people use poppers. Plus not all gay men or LGBT people use them. My partner and I are bisexual, and we have never used them.

My friends who have used them while dancing decades ago, or during sex didn't use them all the time. They just used them every so often.

Poppers don't "control" people the way you are claiming they do. The people I have known who use them say how it just makes them feel good, and if they are engaging in anal sex they get horny and can easily take a dick or large dildo up their ass. People I've met into fisting who are bottoms are into them as well. Some guys who are big into sucking cock or being sucked use them during oral sex like hypersexual posted.

I never wanted to use them as they smell nasty, but it was their choice to use them just like it's my choice not to use them so why get all bent out of shape about other people's choices you can't control?

LMAO that you actually think that the Godfather films, or other movies like it actually resemble reality, or actual history when it comes to the Italian mafias. They don't at all.

They're fictionalized movies created by Hollywood, not based on fact, history, or reality, and give a negative stereotype to Italian Americans, and Italian people.

In reality when drugs are sold the people at the top who sell them don't care what the race of people who buy them are, since they know that they'll get bought as there's a demand for them, and it's all about making the most amount of money they can.

Decades ago plenty of white people used heroin and other drugs and not just in the late 60s through 80s. Lots of white people still use all sort of drugs today including hard drugs.

There are worse drugs out there than poppers and even though they're legal, or illegal people continue to use them a lot.

pole_smoker
Nov 14, 2014, 12:26 AM
I made a poll about poppers.

Feel free to reply to it or vote if you want to.

http://www.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?16291-Have-you-ever-used-poppers-or-Amyl

cbb83
Nov 14, 2014, 10:00 AM
They are bad for you. They work for the intended purpose, but they are bad for you. I'd recommend avoiding them.

tenni
Nov 16, 2014, 11:38 PM
It doesn't really smell all that nice. It does something to your circulatory system and I've heard could lead to a stroke. Overall, that makes them not worth trying.