PDA

View Full Version : Put Pole Smoker on IGNORE status

12voltyV2.0
Nov 11, 2014, 2:42 PM
I really don't know exactly what the person who calls himself "Pole Smoker" is doing since very early on, I got some vibes about him that I did not like so I put him on my IGNORE list.

I get bits and pieces of what he says to people when they quote him and see what he said in those cases.

It took me a very long to really grasp and make use of a feature on the site that allows us to ignore a person---if Pole Smoker is "biting your ass" in some way----I might suggest that you very strongly consider figuring out how to put someone on IGNORE status and then do so with him.

Since it seems that this site is pretty much running on "auto pilot," we are basically on our own here and trolls and troll-like "members" of the site like Pole Smoker, most likely are no longer going to be banned---we just need to do what we can to not pay attention to them.

To spend so much time responding to them is serving to "feed the beast." Make such beasts starve by denying them any attention.

JPDrum
Nov 11, 2014, 3:30 PM
Done. Thanks for the suggestion. Never had to use this and had completely forgot about it.

Thanks again.

donttellnehismy
Nov 11, 2014, 3:35 PM
Done thanks

Cutiliae
Nov 11, 2014, 8:12 PM
I'll stop falling for his polls. Maybe the moderators can limit the threads allowed per day.

BiBedBud
Nov 11, 2014, 8:18 PM
Not only did I make this fucker the very first on my Ignore List, I left him a tidy "Visitor Message" attesting to the fact.

When he eventually re-incarnates himself under a different name, I'll enjoy doing that again.

PS: In case anyone is wondering, when you put someone on ignore, which I've just now done with pole_smoker; you still have to see the thread titles, although their individual posts are blocked-out.

It's not quite like he disappears completely.

On the upside, I am presented with just enough of what he's up to; so that I can harrass him on here, at least as a small quotient of retribution he deserves. I've recently taken a liking to responding to his polls that ask for ladies to respond. It messes with his math, and it give me an opportunity to mock him.

I have hope this might help, since he seems keen for validation -- ample and rigorous denouncement might be therapeutic for him.

jem_is_bi
Nov 11, 2014, 9:06 PM
I am not going to do that. But, I am not going to respond to most of his threads, because they are of no interest to me at all.

Annika L
Nov 11, 2014, 9:47 PM
On the upside, I am presented with just enough of what he's up to; so that I can harrass him on here, at least as a small quotient of retribution he deserves. I've recently taken a liking to responding to his polls that ask for ladies to respond. It messes with his math, and it give me an opportunity to mock him.

You do realize, right, that he cares not shit #1 about his "math" or your messing with it? Voting in his polls only validates them. And posts on his threads only bump them to the top so they perpetuate.

bicureus
Nov 11, 2014, 11:01 PM
That was easy and it works. Thanks

jem_is_bi
Nov 11, 2014, 11:51 PM
You do realize, right, that he cares not shit #1 about his "math" or your messing with it? Voting in his polls only validates them. And posts on his threads only bump them to the top so they perpetuate. Nothing lasts forever, most of his theads are not interesting at all. But, it is like he has a computer churning out random variation of same theme and posting them every few minutes. That way, he does not even need responses to any of them to claim the main forum page as his.

Annika L
Nov 12, 2014, 6:51 PM
Nothing lasts forever, most of his theads are not interesting at all. But, it is like he has a computer churning out random variation of same theme and posting them every few minutes. That way, he does not even need responses to any of them to claim the main forum page as his.

Just sayin' posting to him doesn't help the situation...just keeps hit shit around longer.

njfresh
Nov 12, 2014, 8:29 PM
Just sayin' posting to him doesn't help the situation...just keeps hit shit around longer.

I'm sure you read the signs at the zoo. "Please don't feed the trolls."

BiBedBud
Nov 13, 2014, 5:02 AM
^^^^^^AGREED!
BUMP!