PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so quiet and shy in real life?

Ebonybifemme7
Nov 9, 2014, 3:42 PM
...or crazy????

I haven't meant anyone online in a long time, but I talk to people online who present themselves as something that they ARE NOT offline. I would say the majority of the people I've meant are shy and introverted. There was only one time where I meant a woman who was bold and sexual, but that didn't last too long. Then you got people who have fake pictures, lie about themselves, etc.

I started talking to this girl a few years ago, and she claimed to be gay even though she had four kids. Well she turned out to be a total nutcase! I told her that I didnt want to talk anymore, cause I found her mugshot online, and she cyber stalked me! She sent messages to all of my family members on facebook.

After that experience I havent had a big desire to meet people online. Either they end up being crazy, introverted and too shy, non-talkative, etc. I'm not the biggest talker myself, but I can carry a damn conversation.

pole_smoker
Nov 9, 2014, 4:38 PM
...or crazy????

I haven't meant anyone online in a long time, but I talk to people online who present themselves as something that they ARE NOT offline. I would say the majority of the people I've meant are shy and introverted. There was only one time where I meant a woman who was bold and sexual, but that didn't last too long. Then you got people who have fake pictures, lie about themselves, etc.

I started talking to this girl a few years ago, and she claimed to be gay even though she had four kids. Well she turned out to be a total nutcase! I told her that I didnt want to talk anymore, cause I found her mugshot online, and she cyber stalked me! She sent messages to all of my family members on facebook.

After that experience I havent had a big desire to meet people online. Either they end up being crazy, introverted and too shy, non-talkative, etc. I'm not the biggest talker myself, but I can carry a damn conversation.
Both my partner and I are very picky about who we meet from the internet. Very few people in our experience are in person what they are like via the internet.

Also, yes the internet does bring out crazy people, stalkers, etc.

Melody Dean
Nov 9, 2014, 9:36 PM
I am more introverted in real life than online. I can still carry on a conversation though, and I think I hide my social anxiety pretty well. But when typing, I have the time to craft my thoughts (even though I'm still pretty damn good at sticking my foot in my mouth sometimes!).

Also, online, people can be anything they want to be. They can make a persona that is nothing like they really are. It's a form of escapism. But that's not always healthy, and you're right, it brings out the nutcases.