PDA

View Full Version : Do you think some people monopolize the board?

BareHunter45
Nov 7, 2014, 10:11 PM
Who do you think...other than me and I am doing it for illustrative purposes....monopolizes the board?

chances
Nov 8, 2014, 3:32 AM
of course and we all know who does it that's why I don't bother answering those, or give them any credence

elmwood7
Nov 8, 2014, 6:10 AM
I really thought Drew would have handled it by now.

aimsthigh
Nov 8, 2014, 7:23 PM
yes, please enough already with this pole smoking guy. it's gotten old, offensive and childish in the extreme.
Wait, he's probably only 14 in any case.
Please Ban!

12voltyV2.0
Nov 8, 2014, 8:37 PM
It does not surprise me that Pole Smoker is raging uncontrollably. I had predicted this some time back and suggested on several threads that people should consider putting him on ignore status. There is much about his online style here, that makes me think he is a long time troll that has vexed this site for years----first off I based this upon the name he used this time, the names he tends to use---have a certain pattern to them and this one was well in line with that---and then there was of course the manner and content of his posts.

I can usually tell who this person is---and as soon as I catch those recurrent patterns, I once again put this new name on the ignore status---once again----I think the best suggestion is for EVERYONE to consider doing likewise since even though the chat somehow rematerialized in the past week or so---it does seem that the site is mostly running on autopilot and the only way for us to deal with "trolls" is for the rest of us to ignore the many hydra faces of this one or a group of trolls acting in concert.

I do think that Pole Smoker is just one, very sad, messed up, pathetic person.

jem_is_bi
Nov 8, 2014, 9:11 PM
I am not a fan of banning someone for excessive posting. I never put anyone on ignore. Most of what pole smoker starts does not interest me, but some does. I view, read and respond to what concerns or amuses me. Also, I do respect some that post here more than most others even if I do not always agree with their views. A few even make me feel happy to know that they exist.

Coastocoast
Nov 9, 2014, 6:19 PM
Many other sites limit how many posts a person can put up in the first 90 days or so. I understand it and it prevents the much of the trolling and verbal masturbation that is currently ruining this site. It will likely see the end of the site if it goes unchecked.

cuttin2dachase
Nov 9, 2014, 7:25 PM
I only ig people who purposely and maliciously attack or offend me and other members or our orientation/lifestyle/turnons/desires. They are the trolls. I try to always take the high road and not denounce such peeps in the chat room or public posts because it's not how I'd want to be treated. I have, however had a few laughs talking about them behind their backs in PM's with other members of the site who are as amused and bemused as me about their rants and ramblings LOL. There are other peeps who are just way out there and/or over the top in the chatrooms, forums and PMs, but who mean no malice or offense. I defend their right to express themselves in a non-abusive manner, but generally don't pay much attention to them.

I post copiously in many forums and almost always have an opinion (or humorous slant) on topics being discussed in the chat room. I sincerely hope I'm not considered a troll, weirdo or bore.

lookin2tryit
Nov 9, 2014, 9:26 PM
while I do see it as a very excessive abuse of the privilege. I also feel that this individual may be socially stunted . someone who may have a very difficult time with others in person ,esp the opposite sex. and may only have sites like this as his only decent contact with the "outside world". I do have very limited tolerance for people like this , but also feel very sorry towards them as well .

pole_smoker
Nov 9, 2014, 10:01 PM
while I do see it as a very excessive abuse of the privilege. I also feel that this individual may be socially stunted . someone who may have a very difficult time with others in person ,esp the opposite sex. and may only have sites like this as his only decent contact with the "outside world". I do have very limited tolerance for people like this , but also feel very sorry towards them as well .

Since this thread is about me. You're assuming things about me, a stranger that you don't know, and they're not true.

I am not socially stunted. I don't have a difficult time socializing with other people in person or with people of the opposite gender. I have a longterm partner and I just happen to be partnered to a man, and not a woman. We are monogamous, and do have friends of both genders.

Coastocoast
Nov 10, 2014, 5:21 PM
I generally try not too feed them but I am going to say it and move back out. It is now 2:10pm Pacific time on 11/10/2014. There are 30 posted threads if you look at "All threads" showing the 30 most recent the picture becomes clear. Today is very typical and shows that 18 of the 30 threads were started by the same individual and of the 30 most recent posts, the 15 of the most recent replies were all from the same individual. That is a numerical range where many of us decide the ignore button is nice but even then unfortunately you still see the same number of posts stating it is to the ignored user. Please consider others and give it a break, tone down the number of posts to a reasonable level before too many more people decide not to return to the site. It has been a problem in the past at times but it is now worse than it has ever been and has lasted longer. If you really want a one man show you can start your own site and see how many visit it just to read what you have read.

NjbiGuy01
Nov 10, 2014, 5:25 PM
What Coastocoast said...enough is enough.

nomorenomore
Nov 11, 2014, 6:16 AM
Hmm, I don't know too much about pole_smoker, but if you take away his posts, how many are left? Without them there is not much activity. Maybe his point is to stir up activity.

Gearbox
Nov 11, 2014, 6:52 AM
Hmm, I don't know too much about pole_smoker, but if you take away his posts, how many are left? Without them there is not much activity. Maybe his point is to stir up activity.
It's his anarchic obsession with the theme of the site, and not a need to make it active.
It's on a par with a parent forcing their child to smoke a whole pack of fags when caught puffing one: overdose the habit so they'll get sick of it.

In reality, he finds sex a threat, and for some reason feels devalued by non-emotional sexual relationships had by others.
We could hazard a guess why that is. But it doesn't matter coz we still get the brunt of it, and not a proper psychologist instead, where his compulsion may get treated. It will NEVER ease for him by being here,sadly.

He controls this site.Not Drew!:eek2:

Annika L
Nov 11, 2014, 8:38 AM
Hmm, I don't know too much about pole_smoker, but if you take away his posts, how many are left? Consider the directionality of your observation. The mere fact that you ask the question tells me that he's posted *way* too many threads...there's plenty here he didn't post, but you'll never find it these days unless you dig...and how many will do that?

If you're noticing people aren't posting much, it could be because everything they post gets pushed off the boards immediately by 20 new threads soliciting opinions of sexual activities.

Realist
Nov 11, 2014, 8:56 AM
Annika's right! "If you're noticing people aren't posting much, it could be because everything they post gets pushed off the boards immediately by 20 new threads soliciting opinions of sexual activities."

I used to frequent a great sight, back in the '90s...it was BIANCA.com. They had the best format and I made some great friends there, too. Then, some self-absorbed, obtrusive, troll came along and took it over. After he arrived, Bianca lasted about a year. It got progressively worse every day. Then, one day I logged on and nothing worked. The selfish, egotistical, troll had done his deed and the site was gone!

I'm afraid this site may be headed in the same direction!

Sad

Coastocoast
Nov 11, 2014, 12:44 PM
Yes, the site is circling the drain. I am still puzzled by the absence if Drew. He had always kept things moving but is gone from the forum.

pole_smoker
Nov 11, 2014, 2:30 PM
It's his anarchic obsession with the theme of the site, and not a need to make it active.
It's on a par with a parent forcing their child to smoke a whole pack of fags when caught puffing one: overdose the habit so they'll get sick of it.

In reality, he finds sex a threat, and for some reason feels devalued by non-emotional sexual relationships had by others.
We could hazard a guess why that is. But it doesn't matter coz we still get the brunt of it, and not a proper psychologist instead, where his compulsion may get treated. It will NEVER ease for him by being here,sadly.

You're wrong.

I don't care if people hook up, or have all the NSA sex they want. It's just not for me personally, and no it's not a "threat" to me.

I do happen to enjoy sex but prefer it when it's done with someone who you are in a relationship or partnership with.

But keep writing about a total stranger and playing psychologist from your comfy armchair. It's amusing.

BiBedBud
Nov 12, 2014, 6:54 PM

I don't think it's fair to say he controls the site, any more than you could say a moose controls a bus after colliding with it and killing the driver.

Similarly, both turn into an ugly scene -- but the moose would consider that an accident, whereas this fucker thinks it's fun.

Where is a 30 aught 6 when you need one?

PATHOLOGY OF pole_smoker: I think he was often spoken of in the third person as a child, while in the same room as his (essentially distant/unavailable) adult caregivers. This caused significant damage to his ego. As a result: He tries to portray himself as "adult" but is actually quite stunted on an emotional level. Socially maladapted in numerous ways; psychosexually, he is a dwarf.

pole_smoker
Nov 12, 2014, 7:17 PM
My partner and I had a good laugh about BiBedBud trolling on about a stranger he knows absolutely nothing about from his armchair of theory that's not based on reality at all.

BiBedBud
Nov 12, 2014, 7:22 PM
My partner and I had a good laugh about BiBedBud trolling on about a stranger he knows absolutely nothing about from his armchair of theory that's not based on reality at all.
:rolleyes:

BiBedBud
Nov 12, 2014, 7:35 PM
Folks, this is what happens when you routinely ignore your children when they're trying to speak-up and communicate with you.
If you don't pay enough attention to your children, particularly when they're at those critical transitional stages in intellectual, ego and id development; then you'll end up with a pole_smoker, desperate for validation, but unable to relate. Terminally self-centered, he is perpetually imprisoned by his lonliness, due largely to his inability to refrain from judging everyone he encounters.

Everyone is beneath him, so no one can properly love him (for lack of their understanding of him or their failure to properly/fully appreciate him). You see, the fault is always with others, so he has no corrective options at his disposal. To exercise his frustrations, for some inexplicable reason, he has taken to posting umpteen threads per day on bisexualdotcom. It's really rather ironic, since many of us come here looking for other bisexuals to get sexy with. You see: Because he is unable to relate without judging, and because everyone is beneath him -- even though he is lonely, he sees no hope for genuine interrelationships with anyone, let alone a lover. This is why he is so intent on disrupting this website. It is spiteful.

That spite tells a lot about the spiteful.

BiBedBud
Nov 13, 2014, 1:25 AM
Ya know, he might be more prone to frustration than the rest of us.

He might seem persistent, but that's only because most of us can't bother to keep up with him.

But attriting his patience should be relatively easy, if we gang-up on him.

All it would take is to 'churn' better posts and threads upward, while allowing his to fall into oblivion.

I've also been taking some satisfaction, spamming his "Visitor Messages" page on his profile. I know this bothers him, because I've already been erased-and-reposted a couple of times already. I'm going to make a real habit of it.

BiBedBud
Nov 13, 2014, 5:01 AM
BUMP!

AGuyIKnow
Nov 13, 2014, 8:22 AM
BUMP!
Just don't become part of the problem.

matutum
Nov 13, 2014, 12:35 PM
I don't ban anyone. I don't have to read what they say. Of course there are people who think what they have to say is important or just need a place to vent. There are other things to bann that have nothing to do with posting on here. The midterm voting showed us that!

matutum
Nov 13, 2014, 12:39 PM
is there a rule about posting to much?

BiBedBud
Nov 13, 2014, 2:14 PM
is there a rule about posting to much?

It's not that pole_smoker is posting too much.

IMO it's not even that he's base, vulgar, cum-fixated and sophmoric/moronic.

The problem is he floods the forum with threads/new topics/polls. This pushes down all other conversations, for polls almost nobody is interested in. Look how many of his "polls" have ZERO replies.

All he is doing is raising the static-to-signal ratio; making the site less usefull for everyone; taking glee from upsetting and revolting others; generally giving site visitors a bad impression of bisexuals -- even though he's just one maladapted, judgemental, self-centered, self-loathing homo.