PDA

View Full Version : Funny ole day...

darkeyes
Sep 18, 2014, 7:38 PM
... my lickle country voted on wetha 2 stay in or leave the UK 2day.. am off 2 me bed now cos I have work in morning... no results yet but I fully expect Scotland to stay in the UK.. hope so ne way... not in2 creating division and thats wot will happen is Scots say aye.. I am Scottish love the country like no other, but am not a patriot... my birth here was chance nowt else, and if I love the place more than newer else, not blindly.. not my country right or wrong... I love the UK tho would prefer it was the UR (WORK IT OUT) .. no matter..I go to bed as Scots Brit.. what do I awake? Wot will I awake?
If my side.. the pro union side wins.. it doesnt fucking deserve to.. it has not persuaded.. it has bullied... created fear... threatened.. and if Scots have voted for independence that does not augur well and scares me.. I have always refused to argue the vindictive shite of the Better Together campaign... they have lied and I am ashamed to be a part of their campaign.. yet for all the shit staying as a union is right... if the pro union campaign wins the vote as I hope it does, I hope its promises will be kept.. if they are not.. and allied to the threat of the UK leaving the EU which Scots do not want to do but English prob do (and that will cos probs trust me on that)
It has been an exciting time... turnouts are massive for the referendum... turnouts that have not happened for 60 years such as the conversation between my countrypeople. Wen I wake up I will know.. but wotever happens the Uk will change massively.. but I worry that knowing tories as I do, if independence is lost and by more than 3 ir 4 per cent, the bastards will forget every promise they have made..

O well... none if u lot care.. the Scots lgbt do..they r 53 2 47 pc in favour of independence.. no comment? But we dix for this referendum liwer the voting age 2 16.. and I am immensely proud of those kids cos pro union ir against, they have shown themselves to b no dummies...

Annika L
Sep 18, 2014, 8:47 PM
Oh, now don't be too quick to cast us all into one lot, Fran, dear! Some of us care a great deal, and are also watching this closely. Here's hoping your dreams come true. *hugs*

Gearbox
Sep 18, 2014, 9:31 PM
What indeed will the lovely Fran wake up as in the morn? It's a question on every bodies lips:
Will she be a vision in pink satin, a symphony in lilac silk, or a medley in M&S white cotton bra & nicks?:confused:

Foreigner or not, they still talk funny up there.:bigrin:

salemite43
Sep 18, 2014, 9:54 PM
You're not the only one wondering what I will wake to in the morning. I'm very torn about the issue. My logical side says it makes good economic sense to stay within the UK. However, the Debatable Lands lowland Scot (what little is left after so much dilution; Irish-Australian, Scots-Australian, German-American, and God knows what else) says "Stick it to the bloody pommies." I guess I will know in the morning. Good night, darkeyes.

pole_smoker
Sep 18, 2014, 10:10 PM
I hope that Scotland votes yes for independence. It will spur other countries, regions of countries to vote for their independence, and away from the pointless EU and Euro that do more harm than good in many European countries.

onewhocares
Sep 18, 2014, 10:23 PM
Frances,

My dear it is good to see you post here. A post of a non sexual content for once...like the good old days. The world awaits with anticipation the votes of the Scots on the determination of independence of their beloved homeland. From what I am hearing on this side of the Atlantic, too close for a prediction. I wish the best for you and yours.

Also, would be SO interested in what Franny wakes up wearing......

Belle in Boston

darkeyes
Sep 19, 2014, 4:59 AM
Frances,

My dear it is good to see you post here. A post of a non sexual content for once...like the good old days. The world awaits with anticipation the votes of the Scots on the determination of independence of their beloved homeland. From what I am hearing on this side of the Atlantic, too close for a prediction. I wish the best for you and yours.

Also, would be SO interested in what Franny wakes up wearing......

Belle in Boston
Easy 2 tell I had a cognac or 2 last nite... soz bout the typos.. and Belle? And it seems I will still b A Scots Brit fot a wile yet... yeaaaaaaa but I rake no satisfaction in the underhand dirty fucking tactics of the no lot.. it is the result I believe best for ALL of the people of the UK and prob Europe...but I am ashamed of the way my side conducted its campaign... it was dirty, disgusting and nothing to be proud of. I am ashamed of it and so should anyone else who us pro union be.. and I refused point blank to use the fear tactics and many of the arguments they wished me to while out canvassing..

..to the Nats and the pro independence supporters I say this... now u have had ur vote and lost for whatever reason... bearing in mind 2/3 of the people of my country are pro EU, just wtf are u going to do when England which is 2/3 against so votes in 2017? I am not iggying Wales or N Ireland, for I dont know how their people think.. and so would not presume to comment on how they think.. but even if every person in those countries are pro EU, and even if every person in Scotland is, it is difficult to see how their wishes could be granted because if that overwhelming English animosity to the EU.. so in my view while the pro unionists were nasty, and they were, nats may have been less nasty but they were incredibly stupid in having the referendum now if independence was truly their aim....I am not a nationalist as is well known, but love my country more than any other.. my ideals and principles are internationalist not nationalist and even Scottish nationalists are far more outward looking than most English parties in England and Scots gave always been historically more outward looking than our southern neighbours... and so it is not inconceivable that should the UK vote to leave the EU in 2017 that Scots will vote to remain and that UK decision will trigger a demand for a further Scottish vote to end the union... and in that case, the pro union parties cannot rely on my or many other pro union pro European voters in Scotland.. so the union remains in some danger and the anti EU, pro union people not just in Scotland for there are quite a few even if they are a minority, but throughout the UK ignore that at their peril..

So there ya r... am still a Brit and glad of it.. but this argy bargy isn't finished and wont b for a while... for 2 years at least...next year's election is important.. more important than normal and will have immense bearing on the future of the UK and its survival as an entity...

Thats all bout that for now.. happy but still a tadge concerned.. but I end by saying this...

...Belle? Pink silk knickers this morning...

mas8092
Sep 19, 2014, 3:44 PM
You know how much I love your posts, Darkeyes. As an American living in the state of Missouri, I have no intelligent comment on the vote result. Sure, I would love to fly to Scotland and hang out with you. But, if a new government was taking over, it would be a mess.

void()
Sep 19, 2014, 6:42 PM
Someone made what I thought a valid point regarding governments, independence, freedoms etc. . If you genuinely do not seek to be part of a government, stop contributing to it. Drop out of the "system" created by the government and stop buying needless crap which ultimately funds the government.

Where we live there is regulation so tight on the electricity, as in who supplies it, we have no choice but to accept the company offered. The only other choice is go without, or provide our own. I have been looking at alternative methods to "provide our own" with quite some resolution.

Our family pays roughly $50 USD a month for broadband Internet access. We found the least expensive provider and haggled them into offering service in our niche region. This meant garnering support from at least nine other families, individual households.

We use natural gas for cooking and to heat our hot water, and as a supplementary heating source via a gas heating stove. I am looking to alternatives for that as well. I am thinking solar could be employed partially with a back up being use of vertical wind turbine/s to offset the "bad" solar days.

Wife presently works in a thrift store. Clothing has become a non-issue. Granted we do not wear high end, trendy or currently fashionable clothing, we never really have though so that is rather a moot point. We wear clothes that are clothes for the sake of clothes, that are functional, comfortable. This is not to say we do not have "fancy threads", rather that we reserve these for truly special occasion.

Food wise, we eat a mediocre diet regimen. We have pastas, vegetables, meats. Nothing in excess and nothing costly. We also garden a bit, will be doing a better run as we progress at gardening. I am also looking at various alternate means of gardening.

I have all but quit smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes. I still smoke them if in a pinch, do not prefer to smoke them though. I now use a vaporizing device, or electronic cigarette which uses propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin mixed w/ flavorings and nicotine. At present I have three "tanks" and two batteries so as to avoid "pinch" times. The one tank is a Kanger Aerotank (or clone), the other is a simple knock off RGM2. Both tanks do the "trick" for me, well enough. I like the Aerotank a lot but the RGM2 will not fall out of use, in fact I would like buy more of them. :)

I find myself feeling better using the electronic cigarettes. I will not say they are for everyone, nor am I "preaching" them. They work for me and for me reduce tobacco harm, tobacco costs.

My point here is that I am reducing use and contribution into a system. Me and wife are trying to pull away from the system, as we both are seeing it does not work the way it was alleged to work. For example to attain help the system alleges is there one has to fight tooth and nail, even then to endure being called all but a decent human, they will call you a liar, a cheat, a crook all because you ask for help they offered. I digress regarding that simply because it boils my blood and can only lead to madness if one ponders it too much. "Oh, I'll just stare into the abyss ... *gasp* it's staring back!"

At any given we're making efforts to get off the "nanny". No point to having need of a nanny if all it is good for is war, even in your name, or without your name. I do not vote and so when Congress, who "allegedly" represent me votes to fund ISIL *lol*, well they truly do not represent me. Guess that means I get taxed without representation, huh? Wow, that's kind of funny in a way. "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

TingleMingler
Sep 19, 2014, 7:01 PM
X... i was wishing for yes too...:-))).. anyway... it will hahappen sooner than later....:-)))

kswinga01
Sep 20, 2014, 10:41 PM
I am glad I read this thread. I can only say I am glad the vote was no, mainly because of the other questions of what happens after the division. Its good to read someone's first hand opinion of the matter.

pole_smoker
Sep 21, 2014, 4:27 AM
Apparently the election was rigged. Which should not surprise anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIt5uCNduc

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29264151

pole_smoker
Sep 21, 2014, 4:52 AM
The real electoral fraud was the entrance to the straight leg on the part of bankers, corporations, political leaders, and celebrities who have terrorized the Scots fearing to withdraw in case of victory of yes. In short, many Scots have been afraid to vote yes because of these '' external intervention '' carefully orchestrated. The so-called liberal democracy, even in its most advanced forms such as the referendum, shows all its limits, its falsity and the immense difficulty of accepting a radical change.

darkeyes
Sep 21, 2014, 6:36 AM
First of all, I doubt there was sufficient electoral fraud or irregularity to affect the result.. and I am as suspicious and cynical as anyone... but of course I may be wrong. Any exercise of this magnitude is likely to have some of either especially with so much at stake. I don't dismiss the possibility, I just dont think ur right... Evidence of some may well exist.. whether 600000 and more Is questionable..

But ur right.. the pro union lobby scared, threatened, and bullied to a greater extent than I have witnessed since I first became politically aware.. I am pro union more or less but I was disgusted with how most of the no lobby acted... but the fact is, a large number of the yes vote was soft... the absence of trust in the government and UK parties brought many people to the independence camp because the devo max option was not on the ballot and they had and have insufficient faith in the UK parties to deliver the panicked promise made by all 3 10 days or so prior to the vote after a single opinion poll put the yes camp head... many who were in the yes camp, but who would prefer increased devolution switched back to the no lobby.. many did not, but most remain unconvinced that Westminster will deliver what they are after in an acceptable form.. and already there are signs that they may well be right.. each of the 3 main parties gave very different ideas what their promise means.. and the raising of the ugly head of English nationalism will create rwal problems and already there are demands that promises to the Scots should be ignored. It us far more complex than I make it sound and involves the status of non English based MPs, who can vote on purely English matters, and the future of Westminster as the UK parliament also the selfish self interest of the UK parties... chaos is about to descend on UK life.. and next year's election will resolve nowt...

Ne way... the British establishment, by fair means or foul find the union intact kind off, but seriously weakened... the EU referendum in 3 years and/or failure to provide devo max to the satisfaction if the Scottish people may yet see the end of union... I fear it is independence postponed not independence cancelled... so Westminster beware... don't say u haven't been warned... so they best do it quickly but do it right...