PDA

View Full Version : What should you call the couple you are having an affair with?

obx-man
Aug 1, 2006, 9:15 PM
This is sort of a funny question and doesn't really need an answer, but, what can I call the couple that I'm having an affair with?

We have an ongoing relationship and live together part time. They are married; I am single. They each call me their boyfriend, jokingly, sort of. However, while I have different and good friendship relationships with each, separately, we are only ever intimate all together. I would be uncomfortable calling them my boyfriend and girlfriend and definitely would not call them my lovers. They are romantically attached. I am just a very very good friend with benefits.

I doubt it will ever come up in conversation. People think we are roommates and I doubt I'll ever say "My couple and I went to the beach" or anything like that, but it would be nice to have a word to describe their part in my life.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Driver 8
Aug 1, 2006, 9:42 PM
[...] what can I call the couple that I'm having an affair with?
Do they have names? ;)

"Partners" is a nice neutral word that doesn't sound as high-school (to me) as boyfriend/girlfriend.

And if it's not coming up in conversation ... are you connected at all with the poly community where you are? It's rough having relationships that are secret from everyone around you, IMO. :2cents:

Long Duck Dong
Aug 2, 2006, 1:07 AM
lol i would simply call them my close friends.....it all depends on the circles you travel in

Lisa (va)
Aug 2, 2006, 1:09 AM
How about just call them friends?

Lisa

hugs n kisses

becksbolero
Aug 2, 2006, 6:06 AM
I don't know what to call them but i think i'd call you "MR.LUCKY"!!!

csrakate
Aug 2, 2006, 6:16 AM
LOL Beck's Bolero...nice idea!

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 2, 2006, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you have the perfect situation for yourself with good people. How about they are your "plugin and outlet".. Just a joke.

Seriously though. Why don't you just call them your Friend and lover. It encompasses both relationships.

Avocado
Aug 2, 2006, 12:15 PM
"My sex partners" :bigrin:

DGoncz
Aug 2, 2006, 12:39 PM
Some of us poly folks would call such a couple our Other Significant OtherS, OSOS.

smokey
Aug 2, 2006, 4:57 PM
fun...a good time....again and again and again.

FSJeepguy
Aug 2, 2006, 6:35 PM
Mr & Mrs Horney :bigrin:

obx-man
Aug 2, 2006, 9:31 PM
Thanks for the replies! I agree with Bolero that I should call myself Mr. Lucky. I guess I meant, what should I refer to them as. When I'm talking to them or thinking about them I call them The Sex Gods. It would be nice to have a "label". Someday I'd really like to state in a general conversation ... "The couple I'm having an affair with and I..." just to see the reaction.

I'm considering troikaniks.

To Driver: As far as I know there is no Poly community where I live half the time and both the straight and gay communities would be horrified at our relationship where we live together.

AnotherVoice
Aug 2, 2006, 10:05 PM
I doubt I'll ever say "My couple and I went to the beach" or anything like that

LOL that was good. Call them your friends. It's probably your safest bet.

Driver 8
Aug 2, 2006, 10:09 PM
To Driver: As far as I know there is no Poly community where I live half the time and both the straight and gay communities would be horrified at our relationship where we live together.
There's a poly group in North Carolina (http://www.openweave.org/NCPoly/) that might meet near you.

Not trying to push a group at you - some people do groups and some people don't, and some groups are great and some aren't. If one works for you, though, it's nice to be able to hang out with people who you can tell about the important people in your life.