PDA

View Full Version : The good news

CountryLover
Jul 30, 2006, 10:17 PM
I know I've been least in sight the past several weeks, and I hope that friends like Belle, David and Richard will be understanding.

I met my fiance early this spring, and he asked me to marry him over the 4th of July holiday. We were going to "take it slow"...after all we will be blending our multigenerational families and wanted time for everyone to adjust.

Well, THAT didn't fly at all!

Tuesday, 10 days ago I came home to find my sweetie nearly dead from a killing fever. VA "Urgent Care" made a farce of his care and sent him home with no investigation as to why he would run such a deadly fever for nearly 24 hours. So Friday a week ago, he again went to the VA and this time got a doctor who cared enough to give him decent care.

The result was emergency major surgery that night to prevent him going into sepsis and dying of blood poisoning. The surgeon was quite adamant that my sweetie had walked entirely too close to that line!

The next morning, Saturday, while driving back across town to the VA, I prayed long and fervently for his pain relief and healing. Imagine my amazement when I stepped into his hospital room to find him back on his feet not even 12 hours post-op! He's only needed regular tylenol for discomfort since then!

The scare we had has only drawn us closer and we decided to go on and have a brief legal "JP" ceremony now and then have a church wedding sometime in the next few months.

Somehow, in three days time our "brief" legal ceremony morphed into a full scale wedding in the VA chapel last Wednesday night. Awesome angels pulled it together for me while I had my hands full of his post-op care, and the care of his invalid mother back at home 50 miles away.

So, we're married now, and so happy we're incandescent with it. When I looked around the chapel I was amazed to notice for the first time that my bi/gay family far outweighed the straight family members in attendance. They made our simple service incredibly beautiful with their time, talents and love.

He's home now, and even being only a week post-op we're having an incredible honeymoon. :tong:

Ken and I are so blessed and I wanted to share my joy with y'all.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2006, 10:43 PM
wedding pics... we want wedding pics.... that way we can all get all soppy and hug and kiss and smile.... and get jealous cos you got married and we didn't

many many hugs and smiles for ya both and its awesome that you both found each other, I hope that your honeymoon is just the start of a even better life togther and that the next time you two have to go to hospital... its to the maternity ward to give birth to a beautiful healthy baby.....

what ya mean.. i'm crying... males don't cry.... i just drunk too much water and its overflowing out my eyes.... honest

onewhocares
Jul 30, 2006, 10:53 PM
Angels are watching over you and our names are Belle and David. Just when I was getting him to let me come to Texas for a date and ride on his Harley you had to go an get married. I just ordered my leathers. I was supposed to help YOU and make the day a wonderful memory for YOU and KEN. That will come, I promise you that.

Life is a journey and the road blocks and obstacles are such to make us better and stronger men and women. You, with your past service to all , has made you first in line for the happiness road. Bill and I, and if I may be so bold as to speak for my dear friend David, we wish you both the best of love and happiness for the future.

Many men and women may have fled in the hour of need, Not YOU. For you are extraordinary amoung women. Wish I were as strong willed and of a compassionate heart as you. Welcoming Ken, and his mother into you family , and he and your son and mom into his is truely what love and family is about. I wish you both all the best the world has to offer.

May to world open her heart and arms to you and send you rainbows and showers of love and happiness always.

Belle

jedinudist
Jul 31, 2006, 1:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

My wife and I wish you and yours good blessings, Love, honesty, success, and good health as you journey through life together!

Blessed Be~

Azrael
Jul 31, 2006, 1:25 AM
Blessed be indeed. I'm so happy for you two!

Mrs.F
Jul 31, 2006, 10:08 AM
How scary was that? :( :angel: :angel: But all things happen for a reason and now you two are on your way to total happiness... :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

Congratulations and Best of Luck Always! ;)

Take care

CountryLover
Aug 3, 2006, 11:52 PM
wedding pics... we want wedding pics.... that way we can all get all soppy and hug and kiss and smile.... and get jealous cos you got married and we didn't

many many hugs and smiles for ya both and its awesome that you both found each other, I hope that your honeymoon is just the start of a even better life togther and that the next time you two have to go to hospital... its to the maternity ward to give birth to a beautiful healthy baby.....

what ya mean.. i'm crying... males don't cry.... i just drunk too much water and its overflowing out my eyes.... honest

Ummmm NO babies here please!!!! I turned 50 in June, and my sweet Ken is 54.

But yes, I just got the proofs back and simply haven't had a chance to scan them. As soon as I do, I'll be happy to share some with y'all.

Darlin' Belle, you can work your wedding magic in 4-6 months when we plan our Committment ceremony that will be in my home church with my 13 yr old son walking me down the aisle. He couldn't be at this wedding at the VA Chapel, since he was in Missouri and just got home today.

I'll look forward to seeing you, and whomever you bring with you (David, you're certainly welcome to come!)

Loves to all,
Sara
;)

onewhocares
Aug 5, 2006, 12:09 AM
Going to the Chapel, and were gonna watch you get married (again). What wonderful news. So many of us here wish you all the love and happiness in the world. Although your marriage was not what you had planned, somethings happen for a reason, a reason for hope and of joy. I am glad that I, and a gentlemen....hearing this oh Harley man...will be there with Belles and HD's on. Lots of many wonderful moments lie ahead of you, your childrens and mother's.

Belle