PDA

View Full Version : Oral Sex Safety

whispering
Jun 11, 2014, 5:27 PM
Here is one of the best info sheets on oral sex safety I've run across. I recommend reading the full article, (http://www.uhs.uga.edu/sexualhealth/oral_sex.html) which discusses all aspects. I was glad to find that the risk of HIV is low, but there are plenty of other STD's around (molluscum contagiosum ???). The complete site with all aspects of sexual health (http://www.uhs.uga.edu/sexualhealth/sti.html)(medical, psychological, romantic) is also good. They are big on latex, which I'm afraid is a non-starter for most oral sex.

I've put in bold portions that are of interest to me for sucking cocks :)
How To Make Oral Sex Safer

Given the risks of oral sex, if you decide to engage in this behavior—whether you are receiving or giving—knowing ways to reduce STI exposure is important. Many people consider practicing safer sex to be an obligation—talking to your partner about ways to eroticize the experience can let pleasure still remain the primary focus.

For oral sex on a woman, the use of latex barrier or plastic wrap can serve as a barrier to prevent the transmission of HIV and other STIs. Latex barriers, such as a Sheer Glyde dam (dental dam, shown at left) or condoms cut open, are manufactured with flavors to cater to different tastes.

For oral sex on a man, using a flavored latex condom can reduce STI transmission. Some people complain that condoms have a rubbery taste and lessen the sensation on the penis. Spermicides on the condoms may also numb the tongue. Using flavored condoms that may make the idea of using a condom more appealing, but be sure that the condom is not a novelty condom. Condoms that say "for novelty use only" should not be used for protection from STIs. Using a small amount of lubricant inside the condom may help increase sensation. If a condom is not being used, avoid ejaculation in your or your partner's mouth. If ejaculate does enter the mouth, spitting out the semen immediately can reduce risk. Condoms are available in the Health Promotion Department or for purchase at a reduced cost at the UGA University Health Center Pharmacy.

For oral-anal contact, a barrier is strongly recommended. Contracting Hepatitis A and B in addition to other bacterial infections (such as giardiasis and amebiasis)are a concern.3 Using a Sheer Glyde dam or plastic wrap will reduce possible transmission.

Regardless of the sex of your partner, if there is a sore or discharge on your partner's genitals or an unusual odor, avoid any type of contact with the genitals including oral sex. If a partner's mouth has a sore, also avoid oral sex. Do not brush or floss your teeth right before you have oral sex. Flossing and brushing may tear the lining of the mouth, increasing the exposure to any viruses that may be present. If you wish to freshen your breath before kissing, try mouthwash instead.

Avoid deep thrusting in oral sex. This highly physical form of oral sex may increase the risk of infection because it may cause damage to the throat tissues, which increases susceptibility for throat-based gonorrhea, herpes and abrasions.

Some individuals laugh or are uncomfortable at the idea of using a Sheer Glyde dam or a condom for oral sex. Communication with your partner is important when exploring protection during oral sex. Talking with your partner about his/her feelings, the reason for those feelings, and the issue of risk can help both of you make appropriate decisions.

Knowing your partner is highly recommended, but the idea of going to a bathhouse or sucking multiple cocks or sex at a beach or trail makes me very excited. This isn't always what we want to hear, but many of us have a conflict between our sexual desires and our need to stay healthy, and I would love to hear your opinions and idea about this, as I'm pretty inexperienced.

TXLonestarTX69
Jun 11, 2014, 7:15 PM
Well you ain't got a thing, if you ain't got that cling. Do wrap! Do wrap! Do Wrap!

Who actually wants to give a woman oral sex that has a latex dental dam over her genitals?

Do people actually use saran wrap for that? Saran wrap is used for storing food not oral sex.

When I suck a man's dick or get sucked off condoms are not used.

whispering
Jun 12, 2014, 12:17 AM
Well you ain't got a thing, if you ain't got that cling. Do wrap! Do wrap! Do Wrap!

haha...above all else I love the SMELL of pussy!

whispering
Jun 12, 2014, 7:07 PM
See also THIS THREAD (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?15850-Potential-Risks-of-Oral-Sex)