PDA

View Full Version : For the first time--US military honor guard unit to march in gay pride parade

12voltyV2.0
Jun 9, 2014, 12:28 AM
Boy---things sure have changed very quickly!!

Glad to see them do this----they send military color honor guard teams to all sorts of parades--about time they do it for gay pride parades, as far as I am concerned.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/07/gay-pride-color-guard-washington-_n_5462004.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&ir=Politics

Long Duck Dong
Jun 9, 2014, 4:00 AM
oh hell yes.......... I am ex military and I understand....... this transcends words......

its more than just people in uniform..... its so much more..... when that uniform goes on, you are not just another person, you are a brother in arms, you are any race, any sexuality, any gender and you are standing with us, beside us......... the pride parade is no different when people stand together in a pride parade.....

this is a chance to honor those people that have served or currently serve, the returned services, the fallen, the civilians... the people that are also LGBT / allies that may have made such a big difference to people and countries in peace time and warfare.....

wipes eyes....

Gypsy_Rose
Jun 9, 2014, 5:30 AM
This is the most amazing news ... finally, finally! xoxoxox

darkeyes
Jun 9, 2014, 9:04 AM
In the UK we have had the RAF and navy officially at pride parades b4 now.. this year the Army in Manchester I believe for 1st time tho I thought they had been officially on parade at Prides b4 now.. and for several years they have had the right to participate as individuals...the fuzz have also been represented at a number of Pride bashes wich is nice.. tho they have always been at Pride do's in quite another capacity rite from the very off;).. far b it for me to suggest they r really 5th columnists now:eek2:... ahh Fran.. u have such a suss an nasty mind:eek2:..

tenni
Jun 9, 2014, 9:49 AM
"Gay Pride"....I see..:( .not bisexual pride. Good for the gays!

darkeyes
Jun 9, 2014, 12:42 PM
Ho hum, tenni.. so predictable:banghead:..

Christ Voltie.. watch wotya say and don't encourage the daft sod:eek2:...

:cutelaugh:kiss:

tenni
Jun 9, 2014, 6:50 PM
Predictable?
Really? Well, you are one if not the first one who has made such a statement about me. ...usually it is enigma..lol

daft sod......fortunately I take that(daft sod) as a compliment ..lol

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 9, 2014, 6:56 PM
Tenni...Dumpling. Thats because there Arent any Bi Pride festivals. And the post wasnt About Bi Pride, it was about a gay Pride event. Its just that Gay Pride is more "Out and About" and more accepted nowdays. I applaud the men and women who will carry the colors in WhatEver parade they wish. :}
Cat

darkeyes
Jun 9, 2014, 7:20 PM
Predictable?
Really? Well, you are one if not the first one who has made such a statement about me. ...usually it is enigma..lol

daft sod......fortunately I take that(daft sod) as a compliment ..lol
O tenni hun.. take it from me the "daft sod" comment is indeed a compliment:bigrin:... but sweetums... u r far more predictable than u seem to give urself credit for:cutelaugh...:kiss: