PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with lagging/difficult typing here recently on this site?

wifekinky4husband
May 30, 2014, 9:36 PM
Anyone having problems with lagging/difficult typing here recently on this site?

What's up?

Do the admins know?

SilkyHoseLover
May 30, 2014, 9:41 PM
It's been generally pretty speedy & reliable for me. May be something local to your geographic area, ISP or even your system.

jem_is_bi
May 30, 2014, 9:49 PM
Yes, I have had the same problem for over a year. If I post more than a short reply, I create the message in MS Word then paste it in the reply box. Otherwise, when I finish typing the message words and letters are missing and difficult to correct.

wifekinky4husband
May 30, 2014, 10:33 PM
Yes, I have had the same problem for over a year. If I post more than a short reply, I create the message in MS Word then paste it in the reply box. Otherwise, when I finish typing the message words and letters are missing and difficult to correct.

EXACTLY!

It only begin recently for me.

lookn4fun64
May 31, 2014, 2:45 AM
I connect to this site through 2 different computers. The problem exists through the windows based machine only. I do not have the problem through the mac. I have asked how to correct it and never received a response from the administrator. It is a real problem, I have seen the question posted multiple times, yet never a response. Frustrating!!!

BiCuriousVAN
May 31, 2014, 2:42 PM
I had this problem with Internet Explorer. Switched to Firefox and the problem is gone.

Annika L
May 31, 2014, 6:12 PM
Yes...at some point, the default editor for messages changed, and typing got strangely laggy, and letters would start skipping...and yes, even whole words at times would get lost. And actually, I've found that I often cannot paste (or copy) while I'm typing there.

Then I figured out a trick that pretty much gets rid of the problem!

The leftmost button in the Quick Reply window is something like "Switch Editor to Source Mode". If I click that button, suddenly everything is back to normal. Yes, if I want to be fussy and use bold or italic font, I have to deal with the little codes, but that doesn't bother me (and I don't use fussy fonts here often anyway). That same button is also there in the "Go Advanced" option as well.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you too! Good luck!

Annika L
May 31, 2014, 6:15 PM
And I'm trying the default editor in Firefox, and lo! and behold! Indeed, the problem is gone!! (I can even use fussy fonts if I want to, with no real issue.)

So I think your options are: if you don't mind Firefox, give that try. And if you do mind Firefox, try clicking the "Switch Editor to Source Mode" button.