PDA

View Full Version : Petition to support marriage rights for all

jedinudist
Jul 30, 2006, 1:31 AM
I don't know if this has already been covered here. I don't recall seeing it.

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/millionformarriageac

BI BOYTOY
Jul 30, 2006, 5:27 AM
i beleive everybody should have the right to be happy. :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :three: :three: :three:

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2006, 8:13 AM
lol i love it.... lol the govt is the first to fight against the rights of every person in america to have the same rights regardless of sexual perference of state of marriage choice

but you refuse to pay ya taxes and you will find totally equality.... they will be down ya throat and up ya ass regardless of ya sexual gender

if G bush is so quick to refer to the bible as a reason to stop gay marriage etc... then maybe he will read the part that says, * thou shalt not kill *

Diane54
Jul 30, 2006, 10:36 AM
I thought equality was for everyone
what happened to keeping religion out of government?
If the "Christians" are so much against the Theocratic government of the Islamic countries then why are they so much FOR it here?
:2cents: :2cents:

EludedSunshine
Jul 30, 2006, 10:50 AM
I thought equality was for everyone
what happened to keeping religion out of government?
If the "Christians" are so much against the Theocratic government of the Islamic countries then why are they so much FOR it here?
:2cents: :2cents:
Because Islam is wrong and Christianity is right, of course. Ugh. *Powers down the sarcasm generator.*

This government needs a good gutting.

anne27
Jul 30, 2006, 10:56 AM

Amen to that! Anyone got a knife big enough to remove all the slime???

jedinudist
Jul 30, 2006, 11:47 AM
Because Islam is wrong and Christianity is right, of course. Ugh. *Powers down the sarcasm generator.*

I agree!!!

Lets ged rid of the stupid evil monkeys running our country :)

Driver 8
Jul 30, 2006, 12:18 PM
In the US, at least, there's some sort of same-sex marriage activism going on in all fifty states - even Massachussetts, the only state where it's legal, has a ballot initiative to ban SSM.

If you're in Massachussetts, you can help with the campaign to defeat the ballot initiative.
If you're in a state like New York or Washington, where the Supreme Court has ruled against SSM but some legislators have said they'll support it, you can work with groups to get SSM legislation drafted and introduced.
If you're in a state that's considering anti-SSM legislation (like Indiana, where I am) you can work to defeat that legislation.

If you Google your state name and "same-sex marriage" you'll probably find where people are needed. Freedom to Marry (http://www.freedomtomarry.org/node.asp?id=3512) also provides a state-by-state listing of organizations (though I notice that one of their Indiana links is broken :( )

deletetacount123
Jul 30, 2006, 1:41 PM
I think some people have VERY wrong views on marriage.....

We marry cause of LOVE.... not what gender the person is.
We fall in love, decide we want to spent the rest of our lifes together and marry.

Its just not right to be told we can't marry someone we love cause of gender :-(

I do strogly support same-sex marriage :-)

Tasha :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Herbwoman39
Jul 30, 2006, 3:02 PM
Because Islam is wrong and Christianity is right, of course. Ugh. *Powers down the sarcasm generator.* .

Neither one of em is that hot if you ask me. They both advocate for the subjugation of women. I mean, come on...we're supposed to "obey" our husbands?? What am I? 5 years old?

Uhm..maybe you didn't power down that sarcasm generator fast enough there hon.

Reprob8
Jul 30, 2006, 3:04 PM
This issue frustrates me to no end, anytime a government tries to legislate morality some group of people get oppressed.

However I have a problem with making this a main issue for the elections as the repugs are so adept appealing to the basest instincts of the far right religious crowd, it is an issue taht they rally around. I would rather concentrate on issues like the war, minimum wage and tax breaks, erosion of checks and balances etc etc etc ad nauseam. These are the issues that can win for us, then we sock it too them on human rights

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph_175

:bipride:

membrain
Jul 30, 2006, 4:21 PM
Neither one of em is that hot if you ask me. They both advocate for the subjugation of women. I mean, come on...we're supposed to "obey" our husbands?? What am I? 5 years old?

I agree! I mean I try to be open to religion but they just make it so hard! Can't they understand that everyone has rights and not just the ones who follow their particular religion?

Azrael
Jul 30, 2006, 9:42 PM
I done signed it, yes I did :male: