PDA

View Full Version : Florida Flooding

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 30, 2014, 4:43 PM
Hope all of our friends in Florida are safe and well during all of this crazy assed weather. Hey Realist? You floatin' ok, Darlin?
Concerned Cat

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-rescued-floodwaters-fla-ala-174648054.html

Realist
Apr 30, 2014, 7:48 PM
Nope, I'm good, thanx Cat-mama.

I live in the mountainous area..we're almost 300 feet above sea level!

The folks in north Florida and the low lands on the coasts, are the ones who have to pay dearly for being close to the sea.

We're certainly better off than those states above us....they're catching hell!

12voltyV2.0
Apr 30, 2014, 9:15 PM
Realist doesn't live all that far from where I have my place down in Florida--I am back in Ohio for the summer, but will be moving full time to Florida this fall.

Fortunately, `that part of Florida is far from the panhandle where the bad weather is hitting the state the last few days.

Really something that they had a storm of this sort and it's not even hurricane season, yet!

DuckiesDarling
May 1, 2014, 6:12 AM
Glad you are okay, Realist. This is getting insane... even worse whenyou remember how many alligators are in Florida.

12voltyV2.0
May 1, 2014, 10:35 AM
The people I really do feel sorry for are those who live in what now seems to be the nation's main "tornado alley"---those living in the mid-south where for the past five or six years now---they have been having these major breakouts of tornados nearly every year that just blast everything away in their path---some of these areas hit this week, have been hit again and again over the past few years and the people living in those areas just seem to get back on their feet and they get their asses kicked again--but then this outbreak hit new areas to so the misery gets shared by those who hadn't been hit previously.

Watching The Weather Channel as I type this and they just had the latest stats on this outbreak----79 reported tornadoes, 39 confirmed and 39 people confirmed dead with of course--many more injured and many, many more who are homeless.

Not only is there what happened down south----but a major city street in Baltimore collapsed and spilled houses and cars into a valley where commuter trains run. That was caused thanks to excessive rain hitting that area and they had major flooding up along the New Jersey coastal regions.

The weather sure is crazy and it seems to be the case that what was once abnormal weather is now becoming "normal" with things like 100 or even 500 year floods----happening nearly all the time anymore.

Out in the US west----they are having record heat and lack of rain---which is gonna bring big problems----like watch food costs take off towards the heavens since California grows so much produce for not only the US and Canada----but for other places as well.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 1, 2014, 4:31 PM
And here in Wa state, our resident Volcano, Mount St Helens, has her magma on the rise. Great. Ca ca weather back East and down South, and a whole mountain trying to make up her mind if she wants to blow or not..Sigh. I'm thankfully a long ways from there, so if she Does go, it wont be too bad. Except on the area there..:(
Wherever all of ya'll are, PLEASE be safe.
Yer Cat.

newlynymphos
May 1, 2014, 5:52 PM
Then we get hit with record cold this winter! And our hours get cut back at work, my renter is moving out in 16 days leaving $450 /month poorer :( . 2014 sucks almost as bad as 2009, except I'm still employed.

Ja&Ve
May 1, 2014, 6:48 PM
Ya'll need to move to us here in AZ. Hot as fuck in summer, but no tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes or volcanoes. Only the random monsoon storm that wreaks havoc and occasional flash flood.

lookn4fun64
May 1, 2014, 6:56 PM
God Cat I hope MT St Helens doesn't blow. I've been there. Cou;don't believe what a long drive and how much damage the major explosion caused. Truly amazing!

DoneGone275
May 2, 2014, 11:28 PM
Only been to AZ a couple of times, and loved it. Very beautiful state! We have been getting a lot of rain here, but thankfully not as much as the pan handle!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 3, 2014, 11:44 AM
Me too, Lookn. Even tho She's a long ways away, I hate to see that type of devistation. Bad enough we had the land slide with Oso earlier. That was Very bad. :(
Cat, crossin her paws..:}