PDA

View Full Version : Kansas anti gay bill

goldenfinger
Apr 5, 2014, 11:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8nEMwDhmY

Didn't WBC and fred phelp come from Kansas.

Lost for words.

tenni
Apr 5, 2014, 7:18 PM
If you work for the government and providing a service is against your religion, then you would not be able to work in the area that the service is being offerred by the government. The government should be expected to provide services regardless of the person’s sexuality. Some people providing the service must provide the service. If all people working in a segment of government claim that it violates their religious beliefs, then the government must hire people who will provide the service without discrimination.

Individual rights such as religion should not be permitted to over rule other citizens’ rights. The government must provide the services equally. These people in the US are confused and using religious exemption to inflame and support bigotry imo. Clearly, the US Bill of Rights is being ignored or it is written inappropriately for equality to prevail.

I do have to wonder if the commentator is exaggerating though?

Notjustuet
Apr 5, 2014, 8:02 PM
Well those two bills would violate federal laws there for not legal. Besides that is an Oder video.

Yoyome100
Apr 5, 2014, 8:55 PM
I'm guessing the large corporations headquartered there are not happy about this.

smokey
Apr 5, 2014, 9:25 PM
Well that is it. I am not blowing another republican Kansas lawmaker.

Notjustuet
Apr 5, 2014, 10:08 PM
Well that is it. I am not blowing another republican Kansas lawmaker.

Lmao well then.

Country Guy
Apr 7, 2014, 11:07 PM
This is a little over blown, it's not quite as bad as the video would have you believe.

I don't think that bill got out of committee. There was a fair amount of backlash even in Kansas. There were some local ordinances talked about that sounded the same as the state bill. Again, too much backlash to proceed. The republican government here hasn't even come close to the feelings of the people. Interviews on the local news shows indicate that most people don't care about your orientation.

Kansas hasn't had a democrat in congress since the 1930's.

In the last few days, the legislature has been FORCED by the KS supreme court to fix school funding after the cuts of the last few years (Regan republicans). Now they are on vacation (again).

Oh yes, Fred Phelps died. Even people in Kansas were appalled by his acts. Most folks responded with love instead of hate. Even str8 people here would blockade him at funerals.

12voltyV2.0
Apr 8, 2014, 10:13 PM
And yet another bill along these lines--in that bastion of progressiveness, forward thinking and concern for human rights--the great state of Mississippi. (;) )

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/gop-legislature-to-pass-law-you-never-thought-would-happen-in-america/

goldenfinger
Apr 9, 2014, 4:53 AM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/one-voice-on-free-speech/story-e6frg6z6-1226878150991#

Free Speech

If you ask the Russians and Chinese 20-30 years ago what free speech would mean to them, they would say, the right to speak your mind on politics, not diflame each other.
But ofcause, we in the western world have always had that, so we have to find something else to fight over. Very sad.

Our conservative government are ofcause cooksuckers of the Americans GOP.
Sad sad so sad.