PDA

View Full Version : The Scientific Quest to Prove Bisexuality Exists

biguycancun
Mar 23, 2014, 4:28 AM
I thought some of us would enjoy reading and commenting on this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/magazine/the-scientific-quest-to-prove-bisexuality-exists.html?ref=magazine

tenni
Mar 23, 2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks for posting this article!!
I found the article full of interesting reports from studies. Step by step slowly building a clearer perspective about bisexuality.

“I really wish everyone could experience how extraordinary it is to be able to fall in love with people regardless of their gender,” he said. “I once told a straight friend who couldn’t really understand my bisexuality: ‘Hey, just because you’re incapable of finding the beauty in both genders, don’t hold your deficiencies against me. You have a handicap, I don’t.’ But, somehow, I’m seen as the strange one, the one who doesn’t fit into our obsession with everything being black or white, straight or gay.”
I like this statement /observation and I think that bisexual should promote this positive view of our sexuality.

“When I’m with men, I want to be with women. When I’m with women, I want to be with men. Eventually I just stopped trying to choose and started seeing both at the same time.”
I just like this perspective and see it as positive.

“Researcher Lisa Diamond heard a great quote that fits perfectly for many bisexuals I know: ‘I can drive a blue car, or I can drive a red car. But I have a one-car garage.’ ”
NOTE: Some bisexuals have a two car garage ;)

bisexual men have higher levels of sexual curiosity (defined as being interested in things like watching other people have sex or participating in orgies) than straight or gay men. The study also showed that an especially high level of sexual curiosity might explain why some bisexual-identified men show arousal to both men and women in a lab, while others don’t.
I’m personally not that big on 3somes and maybe I am past a period of my life where i feel sexual curiosity but this makes sense to me based on how a lot of bisexuals first describe it as a curiosity.

(Lisa Diamond) “I Was Wrong! Men Are Pretty Darn Sexually Fluid, Too!”
Diamond’s initial study only dealt with biwomen to the point that she denied sexual fluidity in men. This is good progress. I wonder if funding from the AIB helped her realize this as she later studied bisexual men to come to this perspective.

Ethan L
Nov 6, 2014, 10:06 PM
I like this,Do you?>>>http://www.bisexualmingle.com/