PDA

View Full Version : It Ain't Half Hot Mum

innaminka
Jan 17, 2014, 4:13 AM
Oh boy = just as most of you guys in the US froze your little things off last week - let me tell you something about where I live in Melbourne Australia.
Firstly .... Sex is OFF! Too bloody hot!!!
We've now had 5 days on end of 40+ deg C - that's somewhere north of 104. Yesterday was 44 - parts of Melb today were 46. This is a record - never occurred before.:yikes2:
Trains stopped because of buckled rails, blackouts because too many A/C's on and bushfires.
The state is ablaze. - as is South Australia. So many alert notices, it took the radio announcer 15 mins to read them all. Most are not so threatening, but one is developing into something really, really bad, as the expected wind change will bring 80kmh winds and turn it onto a significant township.
Anyway, just a heads-up to let you guys know it's not cold everywhere.

And as I said SEX IS OFF. By consensus. ( 6 days ...This also might be a record since we moved in together :eek2:)

void()
Jan 17, 2014, 9:12 AM
Wow! Keep hydrated if able. Know lots of folks love their beer but avoid it while it is hot.

Is there any way that earth packing houses would help in cooling? I know that may sound
weird or backward. But the ground is usually cooler, would think to pack earth round a house
would insulate against heat. Even if temporary may be something to consider for long haul.

4_oral_fun
Jan 17, 2014, 9:36 AM
Been there and done that, I reckon that's why people in Coober Pedy built underground. SUPER HOT up there in summer

Realist
Jan 17, 2014, 10:31 AM
When I was a young man, heat was one of the few things to discourage my libido! My GF, who is normally like a sexual hand grenade with the pin pulled, also gets lethargic in the heat. Thank God for air conditioning!

I've seen news reports of the raging fires in Australia, they often make our western fires pale by comparison!

I hope you and your loved ones are in a safe place, Innaminka.

Anyway, when it cools off, you'll have fun catching up on issues that take energy to resolve!

12voltyV2.0
Jan 17, 2014, 12:14 PM
Take care down there with that heat. I have heard that in most places where its summer now--while we are having near or record cold up here in the north--its near record heat or beyond down south. Stay cool and take care.

Fzmr9t
Jan 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
There are wimps here in Houston (Texas), who whine about freezing when the thermostat drops below 50, and then we get the whiners that scream when it hits 100. They have no idea how really hot or cold it could be elsewhere.

jem_is_bi
Jan 17, 2014, 10:55 PM
Oh boy = just as most of you guys in the US froze your little things off last week - let me tell you something about where I live in Melbourne Australia.
Firstly .... Sex is OFF! Too bloody hot!!!
We've now had 5 days on end of 40+ deg C - that's somewhere north of 104. Yesterday was 44 - parts of Melb today were 46. This is a record - never occurred before.:yikes2:
Trains stopped because of buckled rails, blackouts because too many A/C's on and bushfires.
The state is ablaze. - as is South Australia. So many alert notices, it took the radio announcer 15 mins to read them all. Most are not so threatening, but one is developing into something really, really bad, as the expected wind change will bring 80kmh winds and turn it onto a significant township.
Anyway, just a heads-up to let you guys know it's not cold everywhere.

And as I said SEX IS OFF. By consensus. ( 6 days ...This also might be a record since we moved in together :eek2:) I wish I could mail you some snow, ice and darkness too.

Gearbox
Jan 18, 2014, 5:21 AM
It's like the land of eternal twilight here. Dark, wet, grey and just cold enough for a jumper outside. The kinda place where depressed Australians would feel more at home.:(
The UK could send all our electric fans and sunblock there for you sizzling hot buggers. We won't need them for quite a few months, if at all.

innaminka
Jan 19, 2014, 1:56 AM
Guess what ...... it was cooler last night ......... that 7 night :smirlove2drought is broken.....

kutag
Jan 19, 2014, 8:57 AM
Innaminka, I'm from Perth WA only 39c today,32c at the moment @ 10pm Sunday night. so you have some more warm weather coming
your way from the west. Just here in a small g string wish I had a pool.

darkeyes
Jan 19, 2014, 10:11 AM
'scuse me Gear? U kno summat I don't? Is the planet gonna move on its axis and plant us sumwer we get temps of 35+ by summer. Not often in this country is 2 hot for pash..... even less often up here than down there! Serpently nev in Jan!! An' a very gud thing 2.....:tongue: