PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

joavi
Jan 6, 2014, 5:13 PM
Or did a few users take a one way ticket out of the forum?

goodtimr
Jan 6, 2014, 5:21 PM
It seems so.It is quiet.

Newly_Bi
Jan 6, 2014, 6:21 PM
Too many trolls not being weeded out I'm guessing.

joavi
Jan 6, 2014, 8:36 PM
I'm thinking 2 users , I'll only post part of their nicknames.
- BISEXUEL (I think that was it)

Newly_Bi
Jan 6, 2014, 8:45 PM
from what I've seen it's more than two profiles. With the most recent being bi_black_male. Not sure how many people it is though since they keep coming back with new accounts.

joavi
Jan 6, 2014, 8:53 PM
from what I've seen it's more than two profiles. With the most recent being bi_black_male. Not sure how many people it is though since they keep coming back with new accounts.

Well that's pathetic.
Unless they admit being the "old" person

Newly_Bi
Jan 6, 2014, 8:58 PM
Well that's pathetic.
Unless they admit being the "old" person

Agreed

tenni
Jan 6, 2014, 11:13 PM
After you have been here for awhile, you may begin to notice patterns in these trolls. The site owner is able to also tell the IP address etc. Some come on to this site to damage the conversations. They seem to be the same person or persons and have shown mental illness traits over time. There are a long list of posters who have been successful temporarily at stopping real conversations. You may note that they are in the cooling off position or if caught early enough no trace remains. There are people out there who do not want bisexuals discussing their sexuality. Then there are people who just play destructive on any site.

Newly_Bi
Jan 7, 2014, 2:59 AM
And in a way, you kind of have to feel bad for them. Their life(lives) is/are so miserable that they have to spend their free time on a bisexual forum bashing those who don't agree with their views.

joavi
Jan 7, 2014, 3:22 AM
And in a way, you kind of have to feel bad for them. Their life(lives) is/are so miserable that they have to spend their free time on a bisexual forum bashing those who don't agree with their views.

one, o no, two words:
big like.

void()
Jan 7, 2014, 9:23 AM
After you have been here for awhile, you may begin to notice patterns in these trolls. The site owner is able to also tell the IP address etc. Some come on to this site to damage the conversations. They seem to be the same person or persons and have shown mental illness traits over time. There are a long list of posters who have been successful temporarily at stopping real conversations. You may note that they are in the cooling off position or if caught early enough no trace remains. There are people out there who do not want bisexuals discussing their sexuality. Then there are people who just play destructive on any site.

Not saying I do anything "out of line", but I know Drew is not the only one capable of
viewing user IP numbers. Yes, a user could if they chose see other user IP numbers. This
however would be a hedge on violating privacy. It isn't exactly a violation but it is not, not
a violation depending upon perspective and lawfulness.

N.B. I used the terminology lawful, not legal. My perspective is something
may be legal but not lawful, or vice versa.

Dunmor
Jan 7, 2014, 9:32 AM
So, what is the issue? Why use this forum to begin with? What is the purpose? I have been on for a few months, chatted with a few people, had a chance to actually meet someone (turned down) and have a few actual meeting possibilities.

Or maybe I am missing the troll issue

tenni
Jan 7, 2014, 9:42 AM
So, what is the issue? Why use this forum to begin with? What is the purpose? I have been on for a few months, chatted with a few people, had a chance to actually meet someone (turned down) and have a few actual meeting possibilities.

Or maybe I am missing the troll issue

Dumor
The purpose of the forum and site is that it is for the bisexual community. It is here for us to discuss our sexuality mainly. Other topics may be raised. You may place an ad in your profile for soliciting for sex and hooking ups but the forum is not really for that purpose. Nor are the Blogs just another place to post for hook ups. Blogs are a place to diary your thoughts on an on going basis whether your thought of the day is about your life and sexuality or to rant about issues that are important to you.

Some of us hope that other members will raise significant issues relevant to other bisexual's lives, rights etc. in the forum. Use the forum to ask questions or concerns about your sexuality or challenges that your sexuality is creating in your life. The forum is as relevant and strong as those of us that post there.

Personal attacks and demeaning other members as well as stopping civil communication is against the rules.

Bicuriousman
Jan 7, 2014, 11:28 AM
Trolls, attention whores, negative Nancy/Nick whatever you want to call them. Misery will always love company. No matter where you go.

void()
Jan 7, 2014, 4:09 PM
Personal attacks and demeaning other members as well as stopping civil communication is against the rules.

That makes me feel as though I need a tux and tails to visit the site. "We have civil communication here. Got a jacket?" ;) :)

And I might wear it if allowed to go bottomless, or at least crotchless. Not keen on startched
out dress trousers.

NjbiGuy01
Jan 7, 2014, 5:19 PM
I think Drew finally did some housecleaning and got rid of the trolls and losers for now. Appreciated ! :)

innaminka
Jan 8, 2014, 5:56 AM
In a way, I agree.
I've really had nothing concrete to post on for quite a while. Childish thread about various secretions are just not my thing.
Hopefully the clean out will get us back on track.