PDA

View Full Version : have you met someone on this site?

mrplayfuluk
Jul 24, 2006, 8:21 AM
and if you did how did you set about it? was it fun? :eek:

Just_Gem
Jul 24, 2006, 8:49 AM
We haven't met anyone from this site, yet, but have from other sites like this one. :tongue:
All those that we have met with we first met in the chats. We would talk with them for awhile there before we'd decide to see about a meeting. Sometimes they would approach us first and at others we made the first move towards a meeting. One thing for sure - if you don't let them know you are interested there won't be a meeting. :eek: :bigrin:

The next step for us was talking on the phone with them. If that went well then we'd see about setting up a meeting somewhere convenient to both.

Not all have gone as we would have hoped, but those that did have been great and we've met with them more than once, or at least would meet again if they are close enough to meet with often. Sometimes, even after chatting in chat and talking on the phone, when you actually meet face-to-face things just don't click like you had hoped they would. Nothing ventured tho nothing gained, so you just start over and try again. ;) Sooner or later you will click and then LET THE FUN BEGIN!!! :tong:

Good luck in your search :flag1:
Gemm

julie
Jul 24, 2006, 11:28 AM
...I have met a few folk from this site...see Gleekys similar thread for lowdown!..

... met lovely softfruit through the Manchester bi-support group 'Biphoria'...we are good friends now..

... i met happyjoe68 on another site and arranged to meet him at the station to take along to the 'Biphoria' meeting.. that was a great way to meet...and happyjoe has become a sweet and precious friend to both me and tom_uk..

...tom_uk... now theres a story! ...we were chat room buddies mainly just consoling each others bruised hearts and egos!... and discovered we would both be in London for the same week-end around this time last year... soooo, decided to meet up in the reception area of my hotel. i felt safe and visible there as i knew there would be cams everywhere.... It was just after the london bombings and london was on red alert. i liked the fact that tom was philosophical about the perceived risks and, like me, preferred to show solidarity with the minimum wage workers... who had no choice but to stay and work in London.

.. for me this was quite a bonding time for all the folk who stayed and brazened it out.... and i dont think i could have have shared this very poignant experience with anyone better than tom :oh:...and you can neither predict or deny chemistry :wiggle2: and tom and i are still in very close contact, meet up every few weeks..and are off camping with my 3 kids in a couple of weeks...yikes!

.. my favourite other meetings have included roobi and maxviz1... met both of these in public places and still keep in regular contact.

..i meet folk less now...probably because of the emotional energy involved.. i used to feel drained after a meet, probably because i set my hopes too high and was pretty gutted when the chemistry just wasnt there... :(

...i havent had any dodgy meets yet.. possibly because i have chatted/ pm'd quite a few times before meeting up... another place i have met folk is starbucks during the day...again just very public i guess..

...but i have no regrets whatsoever..and have met some interesting characters along the way

. :bigrin: go on...go for it!...you know you want to ;)

julie :female: xx

mistymockingbird
Jul 24, 2006, 12:31 PM
Never met anyone from this site, but I've met a couple of folks from another very similar site. Always met them in chat first and then had phone conversations.

One person I felt a little wary about so I arranged to meet him at a McDonald's, very public. And had a friend offer to make a phone call to get me out of the situation if I needed. lol Fortunately all went as planned, but I know I won't be seeing this person again, for a myriad of reasons.

The meeting with the other person went very differently. We had wonderful phone conversations and chats. Our first "meeting" consisted of a four day plane trip to his town, I stayed with him at his apartment. Talk about scary. Not something I'd exactly reccommend (yes, I made sure people knew where I was going and how to find me and I googled him to make sure no sexual predator lists showed up). Again, this meeting worked out exactly as planned. Was a little weird at first just reconciling the actual person with the voice on the phone and the personality from chat. We still communicate daily and more trips are planned. He has become someone very important in my life. Meant to be I guess.

If we can ever work it out, theres someone from both here and my other site that I will meet someday. But like the other two, this is someone I've chatted with extensively.

All I can say is don't do anything you're not comfortable with. And set boundaries in advance of any meetings. They can happen and they can be wonderful. Or they can just be blah. Sometimes a person you meet in chat can seem great, but all it takes is a phone conversation to realize that there's no spark or interest there. Proceed at your own pace and good luck

jedinudist
Jul 24, 2006, 1:07 PM
I haven't met anyone from this site yet, but I hope to. I'd like to have some "real-world" friends that not only accept me as a Bisexual, but also understand what it can be like to be biseuxal.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many folks in my area. I did have one person contact me, but the instant messenger conversation we were having fizzled rather quickly- I think they were prob talking to someone else who was more interesting - lol

I am happy to have made so many online friends tho- :)

TashaSW
Jul 24, 2006, 1:44 PM
Im still new to the site so haven't met anyone in person from it yet!!
But I have met other online friends in real life from other sites.

Being deaf, its hard cause you can't have a phone conversation first.
I think I met 8 people from the internet in real life so far, lots of talking! Some turned out good and we still talk online, others it seemed they quit talking to me after we met in person.

For me, its a bit fusterating to meet people in person.
Probably cause Im so shy which doesn't help cause Im deaf too :-) But I do become a lot more talkive after Im comfortable with the person. BUT sometimes its the other person to blame for failing to tell me to "speak up" or pretending they understood me when they didn't which I get a lot lol
Its hard for me to know if Im talking loud enough or not, I might think I am but Im not or maybe theres a loud noise going on somewhere that they can hear and I can't so it distracts them.

A lot of people who can hear are under the impression tho that deaf people don't talk or not talk very well. But I can speak pretty well for a deaf person, shy at first but I do become very talkive when Im comfortable :-)

Im just enjoying my time talking to people on the site and other sites right now.

Tasha

willbeyours2
Jul 24, 2006, 3:19 PM
My wife and I have met some very wonderful people from this site. Some are just friends and we have met a lover or two here also. Hopefully we will meet Mr Right and sail off into the sunset as a wonderful threesome....

Bill

julie
Jul 24, 2006, 3:24 PM
Im still new to the site so haven't met anyone in person from it yet!!
But I have met other online friends in real life from other sites.

Being deaf, its hard cause you can't have a phone conversation first.
I think I met 8 people from the internet in real life so far, lots of talking! Some turned out good and we still talk online, others it seemed they quit talking to me after we met in person.

For me, its a bit fusterating to meet people in person.
Probably cause Im so shy which doesn't help cause Im deaf too :-) But I do become a lot more talkive after Im comfortable with the person. BUT sometimes its the other person to blame for failing to tell me to "speak up" or pretending they understood me when they didn't which I get a lot lol
Its hard for me to know if Im talking loud enough or not, I might think I am but Im not or maybe theres a loud noise going on somewhere that they can hear and I can't so it distracts them.

A lot of people who can hear are under the impression tho that deaf people don't talk or not talk very well. But I can speak pretty well for a deaf person, shy at first but I do become very talkive when Im comfortable :-)

Im just enjoying my time talking to people on the site and other sites right now.

Tasha

Hey Tasha,

......hmm, i see your dilemma in not being able to use the phone...do you have a webcam by any chance? They start at very low prices and are easy to install.... mine is bottom of the range 'Logitech' and works just fine for me :)

..... i have some relatively mild hearing loss(my mum is profoundly deaf) and i often struggle with the phone.. but find talking on cam much more liberating :bigrin:... it gives me an opportunity to read more of the persons 'non-verbal' signals and.. as that gives me more confidence, i am more comfortable in my own skin and relaxed rather than feeling flustered and defensive because i feel so vulnerable!...

.....an added plus for me, which you also might find helpful, is always being able to fall back on txt if there are words i cant grasp or, for you, the hearing person cant grasp...

.....it sounds like you are just enjoying the cyber chat for now though.. the cam is only a suggestion for the future if that is something that may interest you......?

......for now...keep havin fun hey..

......cheers Julie xx

bigulfcpl
Jul 24, 2006, 3:39 PM
We have not met anyone from this site yet, but, hope to in the near future. We have met others from other sites, and for the most part, they were good! :)

Where are all the Philly folks???

TashaSW
Jul 24, 2006, 3:46 PM
Hi Julie,

Ya, I really want to get a web cam.. I had one and it was a Logitech but worked VERY POORLY.... but then, I had got it when webcams were JUST starting to come out so maybe thats why, then I got Win XP and the camera was 95 only so I had to get rid of it. Hadn't had a chance to buy a new one cause my ex wouldn't allow it :-(
But now hes gone, I have it on my "things to buy" list lol

I do agree, I find webcams better than phones hehe you can see the expressions and all, plus it just seems more comfortable cause then when you meet in person, theres no "what if they think im ugly" kind of thoughts lol since you already saw each other on webcam and not everyone looks the same as they do on a picture.

I am glad to meet you :-) Always happy when I meet another deaf person or someone with hearing loss.... do you know sign lang ?? I know some, rusty since I like to speak more lol but then, I have no one to sign with so why bother? :-(

Tasha

open2both
Jul 24, 2006, 5:57 PM
Not yet...BUT I WANT TOO. :flag3:

Gleekybaby
Jul 24, 2006, 6:19 PM
i havnt meet anyone as i clearly stated in my thread! and ive also stated in there Whom id like to meet and i do plan on meeting very soon!

thanks
Gleeky

julie
Jul 24, 2006, 7:16 PM
Hi Julie,

Ya, I really want to get a web cam.. I had one and it was a Logitech but worked VERY POORLY.... but then, I had got it when webcams were JUST starting to come out so maybe thats why, then I got Win XP and the camera was 95 only so I had to get rid of it. Hadn't had a chance to buy a new one cause my ex wouldn't allow it :-(
But now hes gone, I have it on my "things to buy" list lol

I do agree, I find webcams better than phones hehe you can see the expressions and all, plus it just seems more comfortable cause then when you meet in person, theres no "what if they think im ugly" kind of thoughts lol since you already saw each other on webcam and not everyone looks the same as they do on a picture.

I am glad to meet you :-) Always happy when I meet another deaf person or someone with hearing loss.... do you know sign lang ?? I know some, rusty since I like to speak more lol but then, I have no one to sign with so why bother? :-(

Tasha

hey Tasha, alas no i dont know sign language...

but i do uphold all you say about the benefits of cam!..

yet another major plus for cam over pics is that what you see is pretty much what you get...the whole picture... tired, stressed, bloated is as visible as say.. twinkly eyes, sweet smile, caring face etc... and its certainly here and now!

..whereas my experience with pics, on more than one occasion, is that they can sometimes, not always, be VERY VERY flattering shots that were clearly taken many years beforehand... this, and knocking ten years off stated age, actually has to be my biggest bugbear!.. I have been furious beyond belief when the person i thought i was meeting is actually someone from a completely different generation to me....! :soapbox:

dont do it, you know who you are!....its not worth it, i promise! Someone( who i shall not name and deliberately isnt included in either list of the folk i have met) once justified these lies to me by saying that if they had put their actual age and recent pic no-one would bother to respond... my response, through gritted teeth, was 'well would you want someone who wouldnt choose to respond to the person you actually are now, rather than say 10years ago?' Grrrr.... He was actually a very nice person but the initial deceipt and covert manipulation was sadly enough to stop me wanting to explore any further friendship with him....

more :2cents: from julie i guess! :female:

bigregory
Jul 24, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yes i have.
I cant tell you his name
but he is magic :lokai:

Nara_lovely
Jul 25, 2006, 7:42 AM
YUP! Loved it.

strawberry8302
Jul 25, 2006, 9:27 AM
Yes, I've made a few friends on this site, but I have only met one... so cute, but so evil....

blue_hard
Jul 25, 2006, 10:32 AM
We haven't met anyone from this site although we have made some good friendships. Eventually we hope to - but, of course, we would never tell their names. :)

couplepiper
Jul 25, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yes I can honestly say we have met the woman of our dreams who we both love and fills a void that me and my hubby had that he didn't even know was there. Her name is Phatchic on these boards and She is the only one we will ever want or need in our lives. We meet up with her and asked her to join our family as a equal to all of us she has accepted the offer after much consideration. We are looking at a Spring Commitment ceremony at the ocean. We have been truly blessed by her acceptance of us and her love for us and are looking forward to spending the rest of our days together.

wanderingrichard
Jul 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
[ quoting someone else] not yet, but i want to....

mtenn
Jul 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
Haven't met anyone from here and it doesn't seem likely anytime soon. Met people from another site long ago. Several have said they have met folks from other sites. I no longer know of any other good sites. It probably isnt right to name them here, but if you folkw would leave mtenn (me) a message telling what the other sites are, maybe i can broaden the scope.

phatchic
Jul 26, 2006, 3:09 AM
Good afternoon,

My name is Rachel (aka: phatchic) and i am in love. *respond: Hello Rachel*. It all began with an e-mail. one i never knew would change my life, but suddenly there it was. i thought, sure, i'll respond. it's been so long, they won't even remember me, but what the heck. To my great surprise, they did respond! Still, i thought, SHE won't want a "relationship" she's married, she has everything she needs, she just wants someone to play with and he's just a pervert (sorry love, i didn't know you then :tongue: ) who just wants to watch his wife with another woman. But, that's all right! i'm newly single, i can play! i have all the time in the world to find the next "real thing". we began chatting online regularly, first in the Bisexual.com chat room, and later on a more personal level thru private e-mails and messengers. we chatted about everything, she and i, mostly how new this was to both of us. i was not really aware at that time that she wanted all 3 of us to have a "relationship" together, i was just talking to a cute girl who happened to be married. Then i had a conversation with the husband. a very long conversation. it lasted 7 hours!! it was wonderful. we talked about pretty much everything and i started getting to know him. very intelligent, loves his wife with everything in his soul, kind, compassionate, good listener. I started to think, maybe he isn't a pervert after all! After that, my conversations with the beautiful wife were much more in depth. i wanted to know more about her, their relationship, their history. trying, of course, to find the lie. the something that she said that was different from what he said or vice versa. To my amazement, i never found it. Admittedly, it hasn't been very long yet, but so far, to the best of my knowledge, they have never lied to me. My last hetero relationship started really fast and ended really badly, i was so afraid the same thing would happen again and so I tried to scare them off with every trick that had always worked before. I told them, not everything, but more than was usually necessary to make someone run, top speed, as far from me as possible. No good. they didn't even budge. I tried everything, i mean EVERYTHING!! but to no avail. they weren't going anywhere. So i agreed to meet them in person. A very dangerous proposition. I was sure that once they had seen me, they would for sure run away. i was sooooooooooooo nervous when i got out of that car. and for about the first 5 seconds, i thought about getting back in the car and driving away very fast. but they were so kind to me. they told me i was beautiful. they gave me presents!! :) i don't think i was the only one who was nervous either. and they didn't run away. and i left for a prior engagement. i was absolutely sure that now that they had met me, they would run. They had "done their duty" and could now leave with a clear conscience. my friend and i were supposed to meet them at a restaurant at 9. i was totally convinced they would not be there, but they were. She looked ...... she took my breath away with how beautiful she was. He looked nervous. I needed a drink. We chatted and visited and had a good time, then my friend came. and we laughed. no, i mean, we LAUGHED. it was the most wonderful thing i had experienced in a very long time. when we finally left a few hours later, i was sure i was dreaming. no one could be that .................. perfect for me, could they? Could God, or whoever, have finally gotten something in my life right? was i finally there? to that place we all seek? it felt like it, but i was leery. did she really want me to touch her husband? was he really all right with me touching his wife? so many questions and now, so little time to find all the answers. but we searched. or, at least, i searched. i searched my heart. i searched my mind. i asked questions. i asked my friends. i debated and i argued. and then i gave up. no matter how wrong the previous "fast" relationship had been, it was N O T H I N G like this. this was safe and warm and caring and loving and protected and .................................................. ..... home. i was home. i am home. people can call our relationship whatever they want, but i know what it is to me. it is my resting place, my refuge, my safe harbor. i LOVE her, more than i ever thought I could love another human being, male or female. i love him too! this was, truly, a surprise as i never thought i could love a man again. sleep with them, yes, but love them? never thought it could happen. but, as he continually tells me ;) , he is completely unlike any and every man i have ever known and i am profoundly grateful.

Where this will go? where it will end? who knows. to try to predict the future of a relationship is madness. i am happy NOW. they make me happy NOW. i want to be with them NOW. the future has enough problems of its own, and i'll worry about them when they come.

hillwalker54
Jul 26, 2006, 7:51 AM
Haven't yet from this site.

I've been looking for quite some time on othr sites and just found this one. Was mailing back and froth with one or 2 but then they dissappered, poof!! I had "met" with a couple of prople from another site but things didn't click so nothing developed. Quite frankly one of the other sites seemed loaded with guys that were just out for a quick roll in the hay, which is a red flag for me. Haven't been on this site very long.

I'm surprised it's been sooo hard!

julie
Jul 26, 2006, 12:02 PM
Yes I can honestly say we have met the woman of our dreams who we both love and fills a void that me and my hubby had that he didn't even know was there. Her name is Phatchic on these boards and She is the only one we will ever want or need in our lives. We meet up with her and asked her to join our family as a equal to all of us she has accepted the offer after much consideration. We are looking at a Spring Commitment ceremony at the ocean. We have been truly blessed by her acceptance of us and her love for us and are looking forward to spending the rest of our days together.

Hey what a great story...

..tons of love and luck to you all :)

julie xx :female:

UnclearOnItAll
Jul 26, 2006, 12:40 PM
I am new to this and because I am married and my wife would be shocked at my getting on this site, I don't see any real-life meets anytime soon. But I would love to meet (online) people going through similar issues for chat and support....

julie
Nov 25, 2006, 5:42 PM
....a couple of weeks ago i had the pleasure and privilege of spending a couple of hours in the company of smurf111978, whilst he was staying in Manchester for a few days...

.....Smurf, in my humble opinion, has a most beautiful heart and is great company.. plus, he is even better looking in real life than he is in his profile pic!

.....Just thought i'd share that with you all :bigrin:

julie :female: xxx

pasco_lol_cpl
Nov 25, 2006, 8:53 PM
While we have not had the pleasure yet of many anyone's personal acquaintance yet, we hope to rectify that problem as soon as our schedules calm down a bit and can arrange for an evening of drinks.

Biboz49
Nov 26, 2006, 10:56 PM
I've met others one on one from similar sites but one day out of the blue the female half of a bi couple from this site emailed me wondering if there would be an interest in meeting. Of course we were very interested and in a few days we met for a casual dinner. We all hit it off great and continued to meet. Lately our schedules have not been the best but we do keep in touch. They are a wonderful couple and I'm sure we will continue to be friends for a long time. :bigrin: We've also met another couple from this site and seemed to hit it off right away from our first meet. We only got together the one time but they were really nice too. Can't wait to meet and make many more friends!

her hubby
Nov 27, 2006, 12:59 AM
Have met a few. Most, really all of them save one, never panned out in the slightest. Though we are open to meet people (preferably local) it seems that once they realize we desire (need) to have a social connection with him/her/them way before there is any thought of a sexual encounter.

We get suspicious when you plan to meet a couple and the guy shows up alone (wife couldn't make it) and all he kept asking was if we wanted to go to our house or a motel after it was clearly understood it was to be a social meeting only.

But basically most seem to be nice and unfortunately something with them or us negates any further exploration.

Though we never found anyone here as far a sex partners go, we have made quite good friends of 1 or 2, especially this one little angel which we love dearly, as one does family.

Bob

meteast chick
Nov 27, 2006, 1:49 AM
Okay, so I have yet to technically meet anyone on here, but considering I'm in an online relationship with the most amazing woman...I think it's safe to say it's in the works...

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

softfruit
Dec 4, 2006, 8:07 AM
As julie says further up the thread, I've met quite a few people from these fora in real life, normally through either coming across them on the fora and dragging them along to the local bi social group where I live, or in some cases the other way round - they come to biphoria and then they sign up to bisexual.com for a bit more bi chat between meetings!

Even if what you're aiming for is something physical, a local bi group or other social activity with other people around is probably the best bet to my mind -- so you can get to meet someone in a safe space and get to see what you make of them in real life.

twocan
Dec 5, 2006, 1:47 PM
I believe that the reason most people dont meet in person is because most are still not 100% sure of thare sexuality and that can delay the real deal from happening. Just my idea right or wrong who realy knows. :)

Gemini523
Dec 5, 2006, 2:58 PM
I am just starting to try meeting people online myself, and want to thank everyone in this thread for the good advice. The one thing I have noticed, at least in the responses to my profile ad, is that not a lot of the people actually participate in this forum- perhaps they are just here for the personals, or just using the chat room? You can't tell too much from a blank public profile, or from someone who doesn't post on the forum.

I have been living with my bi- self for a number of years, but have only just recently gotten the nerve to click that "enable ad" option. For one who is unsure how to proceed anyway, it's a scary world out there.

bigregory
Dec 5, 2006, 8:51 PM
Yes i have.
I cant tell you his name
but he is magic :lokai:
We still meet up and have some fun.

Mrs.F
Dec 5, 2006, 9:08 PM
I've never met anyone in person, but have become very close friends with a few people on here that have changed my life in many ways. I do hope that I can meet all of them someday. It's amazing how even through internet that you can become so close to people that by the time you do meet in person it's as if you've known each other for yrs. ;)

Daviecurious
Dec 6, 2006, 12:00 PM
Yes, I have. Don't remember what first caught my eye, but there was enough info in the profile to suggest to me that there might be some mutual interests, so I said Hi. The other party felt that there was enough info in my profile to be interesting, so a PM dialog began. Comfort and trust evolved, arrangements were made to meet, and The Spark Was There!
I have gained a friend.
Other contacts I've had on the site have been politely declined (from one side or the other), and some contacts are, shall we say, pending. So for those who haven't made friends yet, don't be afraid to say Hi, put some info into your profile, and keep trying. Be safe, have fun! :bigrin:

Mrs. Taz
Dec 10, 2006, 7:08 AM
I was in the hospital when this happened but still was very exciting for me and lifted my spirits. :) I got to meet cmm and his wife. I talked to texasman on the phone for the first time while I was there also. A few months back my husband taz and I met dogwood here at our home, he came to see us and spent the evening was fun too. will soon hopefully meet diane54. :)

BothBi420
Dec 11, 2006, 12:43 AM
undefinedundefinedWe have not met anyone in person, but have had a few great chats and made some email buddy's.

Our goal is, of course, is to meet some like minded folks for some naked fun sometime in the near future. We would love to meet that elusive single bi-female and sometime we want to have a mmmf 4way, so we are hoping to meet a couple of bi-guys who would like to play.

Anyway, we love this site and Im certain that we will find people here, eventually.

C and R :female: :male: :flag3: