PDA

View Full Version : There is got to be a better way to find other Bi men!

bikurinpa
Nov 24, 2013, 6:34 PM
There has to be a better way to find other Bi men, I would had figured internet sites for bi men would be easy, like adam4adam, squirt, manhunt, silverdaddies, but turned out to be so many guys who just get on when they horny and chat to get their rock off then they are no longer interested. Just get on to play games with other guys. Or they are so far away. This site seems have the most serious guys but there is no members on here within 50 miles of me. The search on here is for statewide only and not mile radius of a zip. There has to be a way to detect or find out other guys around our daily life. Any one got any clues or good signs to look for?

Realist
Nov 24, 2013, 7:32 PM
I lived in central pa for 10 years and never met one gay, or bisexual person, that whole time. I did meet a bi-curious fellow, after we talked for about a month, but my experience with him was similar to your's. He actually met me and we talked. He was nervous, but said he liked me and wanted to meet again. He showed up the 2nd time, too, but to make a long, boring story short, it didn't work out.

I've heard that both Pittsburgh and Philly had some nice bi/gay communities, but, like you, I was a long way from them.

I feel your pain...hope something works out for you, soon!

Coastocoast
Nov 24, 2013, 7:58 PM
I live outside the Los Angeles area and there are plenty of bisexual men here however the situation is not a lot better. Trying to find someone who is looking for the same thing has proven to be nearly impossible. I am looking for something ongoing with a person who is unattached and it seems like like everyone is in a relationship looking to cheat on their partner or wants to see how many partners they can notch under their belt. Don't give up but don't get your hopes to high.

GirlyBoi4U
Nov 24, 2013, 10:31 PM
There has to be a better way to find other Bi men, I would had figured internet sites for bi men would be easy, like adam4adam, squirt, manhunt, silverdaddies, but turned out to be so many guys who just get on when they horny and chat to get their rock off then they are no longer interested. Just get on to play games with other guys. Or they are so far away. This site seems have the most serious guys but there is no members on here within 50 miles of me. The search on here is for statewide only and not mile radius of a zip. There has to be a way to detect or find out other guys around our daily life. Any one got any clues or good signs to look for?

I, too, have tried (still trying) this and all the sites you mentioned, also to no avail. I keep hearing about successful internet meetings and yet it seems to elude me. Came close once...was just about to relocate until the other person vanished into cyber space. I hear everyone saying, "don't give up", and yet I'm not getting any younger. I struggle with the balance of tenacity or just giving up all together...and yet, here I am.

I do not got to the alternative or gay bars...tried that...just not my scene. So, I will be watching this thread as intently as you will for any suggestions to other sites. I wish you the best in your quest.

NMCowboys
Nov 24, 2013, 10:45 PM
I lived in central pa for 10 years and never met one gay, or bisexual person, that whole time. I did meet a bi-curious fellow, after we talked for about a month, but my experience with him was similar to your's. He actually met me and we talked. He was nervous, but said he liked me and wanted to meet again. He showed up the 2nd time, too, but to make a long, boring story short, it didn't work out.

I've heard that both Pittsburgh and Philly had some nice bi/gay communities, but, like you, I was a long way from them.

I feel your pain...hope something works out for you, soon!

Central PA is not THAT bad. My partner lived there for a decade and he had no issues finding bisexual men, gay men, and lesbians to become friends with. Keep in mind this was before the internet became populated with hook up sites like the original poster mentioned. My partner is out and so am I, and before we were in a relationship together neither of us ever had an issue finding bisexual men to date or be friends with.

Since you're in central PA go to very large towns, or even cities like Harrisburg or York and go to gay bars, LGBT social/political group meetings, or places to meet other bisexual and gay men. If you do nothing but stay at home and go online to those sites you're not going to meet anyone. You're going to have to take some risk and actually talk to people in person and meet them.

Your profile says you are inbetween Lock Haven and State College. Just doing a simple google search shows that in both towns there are places for bi and gay men, events for LGBT people living in your area, and all sorts of things and places you can go to meet other bisexual and gay men.

bikurinpa
Nov 25, 2013, 1:18 AM
Central PA is not THAT bad. My partner lived there for a decade and he had no issues finding bisexual men, gay men, and lesbians to become friends with. Keep in mind this was before the internet became populated with hook up sites like the original poster mentioned. My partner is out and so am I, and before we were in a relationship together neither of us ever had an issue finding bisexual men to date or be friends with.

Since you're in central PA go to very large towns, or even cities like Harrisburg or York and go to gay bars, LGBT social/political group meetings, or places to meet other bisexual and gay men. If you do nothing but stay at home and go online to those sites you're not going to meet anyone. You're going to have to take some risk and actually talk to people in person and meet them.

Your profile says you are inbetween Lock Haven and State College. Just doing a simple google search shows that in both towns there are places for bi and gay men, events for LGBT people living in your area, and all sorts of things and places you can go to meet other bisexual and gay men.
Yes, for ur condition of being "out" yes those are easier to find, some around here is "out : like a sore thumb! I am referring to Bi married men who is looking for other men who are in same boat as me. For this area here with actually 3 college areas, all the guys my age want the college age kids and the college age kids want other college aged kids and the guys who is my age looking for guys my age are chit out of luck by who flung dung! Also I am not into drinking and bars so those are no good for me. I am sure there is other guys my age that are in same boat as I am, and I do not know how to find out and they do not know how to find out with out being brave and risking a negative response and asking.

NMCowboys
Nov 25, 2013, 1:39 AM
Yes, for ur condition of being "out" yes those are easier to find, some around here is "out : like a sore thumb! I am referring to Bi married men who is looking for other men who are in same boat as me. For this area here with actually 3 college areas, all the guys my age want the college age kids and the college age kids want other college aged kids and the guys who is my age looking for guys my age are chit out of luck by who flung dung! Also I am not into drinking and bars so those are no good for me. I am sure there is other guys my age that are in same boat as I am, and I do not know how to find out and they do not know how to find out with out being brave and risking a negative response and asking.

I showed my partner this thread and he said what you're claiming is not true. You can find other bisexual or gay men who are around your age in central PA you just have to go out and meet people.

Why does the other man have to be married? It's never good to be a homewrecker by helping some bi or gay married man cheat on his wife, or if you are married cheating on your wife.

You don't have to drink alcohol if you go to a bar. When I was single I would go to bars just to meet people and dance. Or since you live around multiple colleges and a very large university and town which is highly accepting of LGBT people go there and actually meet people or go to events there for other LGBT people.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

dickhand
Nov 25, 2013, 5:26 PM
www.adultfriendfinder.com (http://www.adultfriendfinder.com) works for me .

NakedInSeattle
Nov 25, 2013, 9:24 PM
SilverDaddies is loaded with bisexual men! http://www.silverdaddies.com/

NjbiGuy01
Nov 25, 2013, 9:27 PM
SilverDaddies is loaded with bisexual men! http://www.silverdaddies.com/

Had the same experiences as many others: Chat, e-mail, swap pics, plan some play, nothing happens....many people just get horny, log in, waste your time then go. It's a challenge for sure...

BiCuriousVAN
Nov 25, 2013, 10:20 PM
I had no luck with plenty of fish, all they wanted was anal and wanted to f*#k right away. However, I did meet a couple of guys on manline.com. However, met a few who were curious, but not ready. I recently contacted a guy who seems as keen as me, we just need to get our schedules to work.

bikurinpa
Nov 28, 2013, 8:10 PM

This site actually will cost to be able to communicate with anyone, can get on for free, but you can not contact or communicate with anyone unless buy membership. Lot of abandon profiles from people who thought free, and found out can not do anything with the free membership.

bi_n_texas
Nov 28, 2013, 8:48 PM
you would think so, yes. i wouldn't mind finding someone reasonably local and somewhat serious...but not many serious inquiries here in the dallas area.

Coastocoast
Nov 29, 2013, 7:56 AM

This site generated more spam that any other site I have dealt with. I am one of those who did not understand the cost level and moved on to find I get about 15-20 pieces of spam a week. Most are claiming to be from someone interested in me taking me back to the site telling me I need to be a paid member to get the message.

Jim505
Nov 29, 2013, 10:53 AM
I have had some luck on silverdaddies.Met a few guys both married and single.