PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual professionals?

Visexual
Oct 9, 2013, 6:32 AM
How many of you, given a choice, would choose a dentish, doctor, barber or other professionl you go to, to be bisexual too?

Now, a dentist for example, if I'm going to have someone in my mouth I'd rather it be another bi man. Pun intended!

I, actually, asked around to find a bisexual or gay barber in my area. I never found one. I just think I'd feel more comfortable knowing.

And a doctor would really be nice. If he was married and bi it would sure make the exams more comfortable.

Bigerman
Oct 9, 2013, 7:08 AM
I believe a same sex roleplay would work better. Imagine I would wear nothing but a doctors coat and put on my green examintion gloves... or a plumber in a blue overall installing his special pipe in you...

Have fun

tenni
Oct 9, 2013, 8:45 AM
I can not really think of a reason why a professional or trades person's sexuality would matter to me? I think that picking a dentist should be based on the dentist's skills and similar for a doctor. The only profession where being a bisexual might be helpful would be a therapist if I was dealing with sexuality issues. Otherwise, it seems discriminatory. Would you want someone to deny hiring you because you are bisexual?

Realist
Oct 9, 2013, 9:27 AM
Visexual wrote: "And a doctor would really be nice. If he was married and bi it would sure make the exams more comfortable."

I had a flash-back. One time, when I was putting my clothes back on, after a physical, I told my doctor of over 20 years, "Well, that's it, I'm getting me a different doctor!"

Surprised, he asked why?

I told him, "I've gotta find me a doctor with smaller fingers!"

Under his breath, he mumbled something I couldn't understand!

olmizzou42
Oct 9, 2013, 10:09 AM
Visexual wrote: "And a doctor would really be nice. If he was married and bi it would sure make the exams more comfortable."

I had a flash-back. One time, when I was putting my clothes back on, after a physical, I told my doctor of over 20 years, "Well, that's it, I'm getting me a different doctor!"

Surprised, he asked why?

Maybe he said, "That wasn't my finger."

Annika L
Oct 9, 2013, 10:13 AM
If I had more sexual partners than I do, I could possibly see the value of seeking a bisexual doctor.

In therapists, I think any decent person with a specialization in LGBT issues would be sufficient.

Otherwise, I think I completely agree with tenni. I want the person with the best skills most relevant to the job...their sexuality is completely irrelevant.

Annika L
Oct 9, 2013, 10:14 AM

LOLOL I was trying to think of a good response to Realist's post. This is it!

Gearbox
Oct 9, 2013, 2:07 PM
I'd like my DR to be bi, coz last time I saw him due to a 'sexual incident' I got the impression that he thought I should be in a sexless marriage at my age.lol My admittance to promiscuity shocked him, and he didn't think my dislike of watching TV to be an excuse either.
If he were bi, I could bring him up to speed on the local goings on.:rolleyes:

jamieknyc
Oct 9, 2013, 5:10 PM
The first time I had an annual physical with my current doctor, it was funny how he got all apologetic when he was setting up to do the prostate exam. I just told him I'm okay with it!

DiamondDog
Oct 9, 2013, 6:44 PM
I can understand somebody bisexual or gay wanting a bisexual doctor. Your doctor or medical professional who you see should know about your sexual orientation; but the rest of them you can just come out to.

Realist
Oct 9, 2013, 7:35 PM
olmizzou42 (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/member.php?36570-olmizzou42)
wrote: Maybe he said, "That wasn't my finger."

Set myself up for that, didn't I? You got me!

justcurious4me
Oct 9, 2013, 9:08 PM
olmizzou42 (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/member.php?36570-olmizzou42)
wrote:

Set myself up for that, didn't I? You got me!

Damn... That was good!!! LMAO!!!

elian
Oct 9, 2013, 9:28 PM
For things that involve relationships and physical health yes, I would feel more comfortable. For other things I'm not sure the sexual preference of the professional is relevant. For example, I don't want my doctor to look at me funny if I ask to be tested for HIV. Of course, most doctors are trained to be professional about such things anyway..

jem_is_bi
Oct 10, 2013, 12:42 AM
For things that involve relationships and physical health yes, I would feel more comfortable. For other things I'm not sure the sexual preference of the professional is relevant. For example, I don't want my doctor to look at me funny if I ask to be tested for HIV. Of course, most doctors are trained to be professional about such things anyway..

The last time I requested a doctor for HIV testing, he was obviously surprised by the request. I had the impression that my age was the primary reason for his surprise. He recovered and obtained relevant issues of my sexual history. It would likely have been a more comfortable interaction for me and him if he was bisexual or gay. But, that is not high on my list when I am selecting a doctor. It would only be an issue if the doctor was hostile or disrespectful to me for being who I am.

bityme
Oct 10, 2013, 4:10 AM

Surprised, he asked why?

During the exam, did you feel both of his hands on your shoulders?