PDA

View Full Version : Being Bisexual is Fucking Awesome

ClaraBrooks
Aug 4, 2013, 2:16 AM
Sorry, another blog post link from me. However I thought it would be of interest to bisexual folks here and it's a little more positive and hopefully a little less controversial than the last :D

"This morning I wanted to drop the negativity and the pseudo-intellect for a while and take a moment to reflect on something I feel about living a life as a bisexual person. That is: Being bisexual is fucking awesome. I wanted to share something about my coming out that I never have before and that’s how amazing I felt when I understood certain things about myself and sexuality.

I grew up firmly heterosexual. That might sound strange to a lot of people, but during my teenage years I had no doubts about myself, no angst, no feeling of not-fitting-in. I was lucky for not feeling any anxiety about my sexuality: I was less lucky because I was a little homophobic. It’s good now to feel that I have an understanding of how teenage homophobia works but looking back and putting myself in the shoes of someone who thought gay sex was a little weird and wrong, it’s also a little creepy."

read the full post (http://clarabrooks.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/being-bisexual-is-fucking-awesome/)

Gearbox
Aug 4, 2013, 6:35 AM
I'm glad you feel honoured to be bi. May as well be, coz the only other choices are apathy & shame, and they are pretty bad choices IMO!:bigrin:

12voltman59
Aug 4, 2013, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the site, Clara. Thanks for what you do. I will have to check out more of your writings when I have more time than I do presently---but even though I have not yet seen more of your work than this one post---keep up the good work.

It is cool that someone doing what you do is willing to share her work with us at this site.

Once again--thank you and speaking for myself---welcome to the site.

ErosUrge
Aug 4, 2013, 4:02 PM
yes, that was an enjoyable read...It reminds me so much of the time when I came to terms with being bi...I didn't just come to terms with it; I celebrated it! It was quite the party that lasted for years...at last, no more guilt or fear of being bi or being found out that I was/am.

Welcome to the site!

djones
Aug 5, 2013, 4:24 AM
Thanks for sharing the link - and yes, being Bisexual is Fucking Awesome ! Of course, I too have the luxury of living in a city that caters to diversity. Still, it's awesome no matter what - not always easy, but always better than, as Gearbox says, apathy and shame.

Thanks agin !

darkeyes
Aug 5, 2013, 6:13 AM
..am no longer bisexual but thought wen I wos, being so wos pretty frantabulous.. now I am gay s'pose it is too.. but am 6 or 7 years older now and have grown up a lot and dont feel that way ne longer... and dont feel pride or honour, serpently not shame or apathy or embarrassment like some... it is just part of me... and I love being me and love being what I am.. awesome? No... don't think sexuality is awesome.. is part of life and living.. now life... that is pretty awesome:impleased... who we are is pretty awesome:)...

lone-wolf
Aug 5, 2013, 9:34 AM
I feel the same way, Bisexuality is awsome since i came out i have never felt so free. I actively encourage anyone to try bi. Any one who has tried it has come out and said i wish i had done it sooner. I cant wait for the day when being openly bi isn't seen as somthing bad.

BootyBuffet
Aug 5, 2013, 6:16 PM
We think it's awesome. My wife and I are both bi, so no matter where we go, we have twice as many chances of getting laid! We're equal opportunity, LOL! How much better can it get?

tenni
Aug 5, 2013, 6:39 PM
Well written and expressed :)

Luv2c
Aug 5, 2013, 7:28 PM
When I read posts on this site, I wonder if I've missed something important along the way. I never "came out" as such. Being raised in the late 60s, sex was sex, pure and simple. It happened that my first bisexual encounter with a woman took place while I was serving in the Navy. There were no questions, no doubts in my mind. It was as natural for me to kiss and make love to her as it has been to kiss and make love with a man. I do agree with the original post, being bisexual is effing awesome. I could never imagine my life being any different than it has been.

NakedInSeattle
Aug 6, 2013, 12:24 AM
Of course it's awesome...it's who we are and we're awesome. Logical, ain't it?