PDA

View Full Version : Bi social/activism group in Los Angeles forming! Check it out!

Mimi
Jul 14, 2006, 3:15 AM
For those of you in Los Angeles County, I am in the process of forming a bi social/activism group that will have regular meetings and social events. I've been to the Bi-osphere meeting at the Center, but felt that we need to have additional ways of socializing and networking besides the support-group format. BiNet LA has been dead for some time and we need to revive a newer, more energized group. We also need to be more out and active in straight and gay communities so that we can be heard and gain our place in society. So this group will hopefully be a start to creating a real-life bi community in LA.

This group is for men and women who are out to themselves and want to meet others for socializing/networking and are interested in doing some bi activism. I especially want movers and shakers! This is not a "hook-up" kind of group. We have people from all over LA, such as Burbank, Long Beach, Culver City, and Sherman Oaks.

If you are interested in checking out this group, I invite you to join the Los Angeles Bisexual List (LABL) on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LABL/. Once you join, look for the thread on the "social/activism group" and you will find details on our upcoming interest meeting on July 23rd in West LA.

In solidarity,
Mimi :bipride:

Lorcan
Jul 16, 2006, 9:56 PM
I SHOULD MOVE!

:bibounce: :bibounce: :bibounce: :bibounce:

bigregory
Jul 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
Great
Why dont you post your site on the bi-web link here
:bibounce: :bibounce: Greg

morenito
Jul 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
Great, we need more of those in every city. Support and advocacy for Bisexuals is in great need, socializing would naturally follow.
Excellent work!

Mimi
Jul 16, 2006, 10:55 PM
Great
Why dont you post your site on the bi-web link here
:bibounce: :bibounce: Greg

Hi Bigregory,

Thanks for the idea! I just submitted one for LABL.

Mimi :flag1:

Mimi
Jul 21, 2006, 1:44 PM
Just wanted to remind people of the meeting, which is 2 days away!

Thanks,
Mimi :flag1: