PDA

View Full Version : I was on TV today!!!

Mimi
Jul 13, 2006, 10:56 PM
Hello all,

I know I haven't been on this site much lately, but I have great news to share: I was on West Hollywood public access TV today!! :bigrin: I have a friend who does a 1/2 hour show called "Kitty Mak Live" where she interviews various community leaders. So she had asked me to be on her show and talk about the bi community. So we did the taping a couple weeks ago (NOT live, at my request!), and talked about my study, which was on sexual identity, internalized monosexism, and infidelity among bi women. I also talked about various issues within the bi community, and the continued lack of acceptance among both straight and gay communities. The show just aired today at 6pm on West Hollywood public access. I still haven't gotten a hold of the actual finished tape, so I'm a bit nervous about what exactly aired :crosseye:, but hopefully I got my points across!

So it's just local public access, but at least the bi community got some air-time today!!! :flag3:

Mimi :flag1:

Azrael
Jul 13, 2006, 11:42 PM
Good for you! That is really cool that you got some dialogue going.

taz67156
Jul 13, 2006, 11:50 PM
WTG with getting on tv and hope it turns out like you hope it will.

Brian
Jul 14, 2006, 3:18 AM
Way ta go Mimi! Visibility is so good for the cause of helping people better understand bisexuality. Good stuff.

- Drew :paw:

Driver 8
Jul 14, 2006, 8:03 AM
Go Mimi go!

glantern954
Jul 14, 2006, 8:51 AM
Congrats! And many thanks for all that you do for our community.

Too bad we can't see that show. It would be nice to see a bisexual on TV that wasn't a murder or cheat.

jedinudist
Jul 14, 2006, 9:48 AM
Congratulations!!!

Thank you for trying to bring more positive exposure to Bisexuality!

would love to know if it ever ends up on you tube or some similar place so we can all see it!

Blessed Be~

Mimi
Jul 14, 2006, 1:11 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone!! One of my biggest goals in life is to help people be who they are (bi folks) and to help people think outside the box (non-bi folks).

As for getting it on You Tube, I will see what I can do. I asked one of my friends who lives in West Hollywood to Tivo and tape it, so we'll have to see how/if it can be converted to an online format. Maybe I could at least post it on this site somehow. Does anyone have any ideas??

Tx46M
Jul 15, 2006, 6:50 AM
Hey Mimi, cool for you. I have not been here much lately and it is nice to see you still out there! Take care!

Lorcan
Jul 15, 2006, 10:35 AM
COOL MIMI!!!

Send that tape to LOGO. I"m not kidding. They bill themselves as a channel for Gays and Lesbians, so they probabily won't show it. But they should.

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 15, 2006, 11:04 AM
Oh Wow Mimi! Congrats!! How exciting!!!

Mimi
Jul 15, 2006, 12:59 PM
Send that tape to LOGO. I"m not kidding. They bill themselves as a channel for Gays and Lesbians, so they probabily won't show it. But they should.

That's a fabulous idea and kind of funny. :cutelaugh

We'll see how the tape turns out, and if I'm ready to broadcast myself to a national audience. :tong:

Sparks
Jul 15, 2006, 1:10 PM
Mimi,
I hope that the tape pleased you? If it did, give me a shout and I'll help you present it to the LGBT and Psych Departments here at UCLA. Keep up the good work Angel.

Fred

PeterH
Jul 15, 2006, 3:38 PM
Wow, Mimi,

wow, wow, wow.
Three cheers for Mimi :bibounce:
Hip, hip, hurray

:bounce:

I really admire your courage
:bowdown:

(can I borrow some???)!
Love,

PeterH

codybear3
Jul 15, 2006, 4:13 PM
Awright Mimi...I hope the finished material is seen by as many people as possible... :paw: :paw: