More tears are shed
The reason you ask. There isn't one

We pray for an end

This isn't our war to fight
But still we try
Listen in the middle of the night
You'll hear us cry

We pray for an end

Just thought I'd share that, looks like my hubby will be going to Afghanistan before long ...

Claire

onewhocares
Jul 13, 2006, 11:31 AM
Claire,

My heart goes out to you and your family. There does not seem to be thoughts of reason in this most horriffic stand. I wish for you and your a safe and speedy return of the man you love. There are many amoung the members of this site who have loved ones who are also in harms way and for you and their loved ones know they are in our thoughts and prayers.

Belle

jedinudist
Jul 13, 2006, 1:30 PM
We wish protection and safety for your loved one.

Blessed Be~

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 13, 2006, 2:11 PM
*hugs* my thoughts are with you and your family.

arana
Jul 13, 2006, 4:23 PM
Claire, I'm so sorry your husband must go off to a senseless duty. I hope he will return to you soon, as do I hope everyone's family and friends are returned safe and unharmed. That's an understatement. How can anyone that has had to take on an ordeal, such as war, come home unharmed in some fashion? Be it physical or metal, once you experience the battlefield on a first name basis I think it's with you forever.

Thank you for sharing the poem. It is beautiful, did you write it?

codybear3
Jul 13, 2006, 7:23 PM
Claire, I will pray that the Great Spirit returns your husband safety to you and your family... :paw: :paw:

Qetesh
Jul 13, 2006, 9:45 PM
Thanks Arana, I helped write the poem. A friend of mine knew what she wanted to say just didnt know how to say it.
Morale is at an all time low here at the min. My ex-boyfriend/best friend has gone off to Afghanistan. I recently lost a friend out in Iraq and now I face my hubby goign as well. Yes, he joined up to serve his country but he didnt know things would get in this state.
Living on a military camp doesnt help. We hear the things the public doesnt and we cant escape it... ever!

I'm just really down at the min. Sorry

Claire xxx

12voltman59
Jul 13, 2006, 11:42 PM
I also add my best wishes to you and your loved one who is about to be deployed in Afghanistan--may he be protected from all harm.

As veteran of military service--I feel especially close to those who serve in uniform---

It looks that now that Israel has begun to escalate their military actions in the Mideast--this may lead to a conflagration in that troubled part of the world.

I echo the line of a song by Steve Earle: "may the children of Abraham learn to live in peace" in my hope that we can come to some sort of understanding between and among Jews, Christians and Muslims and the "worlds" from hence they come.....

Shalom, Salem, Peace...

Azrael
Jul 13, 2006, 11:44 PM
My thoughts are with you. May the Spirit Mother protect your family.

Qetesh
Jul 14, 2006, 8:12 AM
Thank you everyone. It means a lot. Hubby had a briefing this morning that may have been to do with it, so I'll find out soon when (or if, but thats not very likely) he'll be going. And to top my mood off, I've just found out that a very close friend from the last camp we were at has died...

taz67156
Jul 22, 2006, 12:06 AM
I wish for you and your family the best at this moment in time and you have lots of people here to chat with if you feel the need for some comfort.