PDA

View Full Version : Wankfest

tenni
Jun 19, 2013, 11:22 AM
Leah Dufour, a 19 year old McGill student, has been a fixture of Montreal's party scene for the last several years. "I've been to countless clubs and countless dance parties," says the young woman, "but Wankfest is the only masturbation party I've been to, and it was by far the friendliest, most accepting and enjoyable event I've ever attended."................................................

According to Phineas, the goal of a masturbation party is to help normalize sexual behavior, and to combat the negative, puritan view of the body that still holds sway in much of the West. "We wanted to make self-pleasure a positive, non-threatening, socially acceptable activity that people could talk about without feeling like were going to be hunted down by a shotgun wielding Jesus. That's why we organize these parties where people masturbate in public -- it's our way of telling everyone that Jesus isn't going to hit them with a baseball bat just because they jerk off."

"I used to be so self-conscious when I masturbated," says Leah, "but not anymore. After spending an evening in a room full of people spanking and fiddling their bits, I realize it's not that big a deal." Leah says she was initially hesitant about attending. "The idea of spending an evening surrounded by masturbating strangers sounded weird, but I was willing to put up with it because the DJ line-up was out of this world. I'm glad I did."

Going to Wankfest turned out to be a transformative event for Leah. "It was amazing. Partying in Montreal always carries some risks -- no matter where you go, there's always going to be some desperate perverts hitting on you, or trying to get in your pants," says Leah. "So imagine my surprise when no one made me feel uncomfortable at Wankfest. I didn't have any perverts hitting on me, I didn't have anyone say anything inappropriate to me. The men at Wankfest were better behaved than any of the men I've ever met while clubbing or partying. There is something toxic about Montreal's party scene when an event featuring a bunch of strangers jerking off feels considerably safer and more respectful than your regular dubstep party."

Dorothy Parker, who organized Wankfest, says she's not surprised about Leah's experience. "Most parties in Montreal are organized by men, and these guys are absolutely oblivious to the constant, low level harassment that takes place at their events," says Dorothy. "Wankfest is a threatening idea to a lot of people, so we went out of our way to make the event as non-threatening as possible. We had explicit rules that were strictly enforced, we had a zero tolerance policy for creeps, and we had room monitors that made sure everyone felt safe at our event."

http://www.ravenews.ca/en/read/2013/may/28

Oh, those kids...:tongue:16412

What do you think?

Dragonslain
Jun 19, 2013, 11:32 AM
I've always wanted to do something like this but I have never been able to muster up the courag to do so...

BareProf
Jun 19, 2013, 11:44 AM
OMG! I would love it. What an incredible, liberating event. I remember the first time I masturbated as someone watched. I felt free saying, "This is how I pleasure myself. Always before in private."

Additionally, it's thrilling to see someone cum.

Plumhead2
Jun 19, 2013, 12:54 PM
Masturbating with friends . . . what a hot idea. Can this be a bisexual.com event? A group to be formed to organize this event?

Gearbox
Jun 19, 2013, 3:47 PM
I'd love to roll around and give every one a kiss & cuddle more than just lay there wanking. I think that would be far more socially healthy and liberating (STD free of course!lol).

dickhand
Jun 19, 2013, 3:50 PM
It would depend on the "rules". Having to watch all that cum go to waste would difficult .

olmizzou42
Jun 20, 2013, 1:37 PM
This was common when I was a teen. It was called a "circle jerk."

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 20, 2013, 1:57 PM
lol Looks like a good old fashioned orgy to me..:}
Cat

12voltman59
Jun 22, 2013, 7:32 AM
This event brings to my mind the words of the late George Carlin where he talked about how it was fine if people sell bombs and weapons of death but selling an orgasm is a bad and illegal thing.

Of course----no one was selling an orgasm at this event---but I actually do think that a gathering of people with the intent of reaching orgasm via masturbation is actually a damn good idea on many levels---its positive thing in terms of the "good energy" it produces----much like when people gather to pray or meditate.

Its too bad that for the most part, the required reaction of people to such a gathering is along the lines of "oooohhh--that is so weird" or even worse, "that is SICK, SICK I say---what a bunch of perverts!!"

That to me is what is sad, that even the idea of such an event of this sort is that its automatically a "bad and evil thing."

I'd sure like to take part in a gathering of this sort!!

Tanzanite
Jun 23, 2013, 10:02 PM
Great idea! Rub one out for world peace....