PDA

View Full Version : Wow it's been so long

hypershot
May 26, 2013, 6:24 PM
4 years since I've been on this site. Spent so long in the outside world discovering myself I'd almost forgotten. Had a look at the people online and there's no one I recognise. This is a sad feeling but good at the same time. Those people no longer need this sight to grow. Although saying that neither do I but I do miss it.
People have grown and matured including the site itself. I hardly recognise it :-)

Paul B.
May 26, 2013, 7:28 PM
Interesting observations, Hyper. I have come to the conclusion that this site helps people to overcome their internalized biphobia but that most people participating on the site choose to remain closeted. Just do quick survey of the number of people online here @ any given who are willing to include a face pic in their profile.
Paul

VZR1800
May 26, 2013, 7:39 PM
Yes, I am closeted and will remain so. I have three, possibly four buddies that know. because they are buddies. One I met through this site. Just my 2 cents.

chook
May 27, 2013, 1:11 AM
G'Day Hypershot.....yes mate its been a long time and a lot of the good ones have moved on for one reason or another but you still get a few of the old chatters coming back from time to time and its great to catch up with them, but unfortunately a lot have gone for good.

And Paul B, why cant you and people like you realize that not all of us are at liberty to slap up a mugshot at the drop of a hat, and it might come as a surprize to you that a lot of people who DONT have a pic up dont mind sharing one.......Once they get to know you

Just my :2cents:

Cheers Chook :yikes2:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 27, 2013, 1:49 PM
If you'll look at my profile, you'll see I have no Prob in showing face shots. I'm not closeted, and I know other's who arent as well. Some folks Have to be discreet because of family, jobs ect, but it doesnt mean that they are closeted. Just means They have class and a sense of what is right for Them..:}
Welcome Back Hyper.
(Blows kisses to Chook)
Cat

12voltman59
May 27, 2013, 3:54 PM
Well--I don't know if I remember you are not hyper--sorry if we used to chat---I have been on here for a long time now. It is kinda sad as you say, on the one hand that so many from the past left the site---and good on others in that they did grow personally when it comes to this---either they found this is what they wanted or not.

Unfortunately though---we did have a time where the site was hit bad by some really nasty "trolls" and even some regulars that had seemed to be decent types---went a bit nasty and crazy and that did run some people off.

When it comes to posting up my face pic either here or elsewhere on the internet----whether its a site like this one or Facebook----I always felt a bit uneasy about that---and with things I have read and seen on television about there being misuse and violations of people's privacy thanks to things that they have posted on the internet--including their face pictures----I am glad I have never done it but very rarely.

I have no problem in posting up photos I take along the way like I have on here----they are mostly landscapes and things of that sort---I don't even like to put up photos of people in my family or friends----I don't do that on Facebook and other social media sites.

I do admit that on some other sex related sites I go to---I have put up some "cock shots"----but on sites like those---they are just another set of cock photos among thousands and its pretty damn hard to be identified that way---I have seen that advertisers are using face pictures that people post up on Facebook to do things like micro target adverts to us--sort of like in that film "Minority Report" where the Tom Cruise character goes into a mall area and all these ads come up just for him. I have other privacy concerns with posting up my face on the internet and surely being "tagged" in them.

By the way----welcome back to the site!!! I am sure if you decide to stay---you will meet the new crowd and once in awhile---find that some from the past do come back from time to time.