PDA

View Full Version : Adverts - What the heck, Edgar?

void()
May 16, 2013, 9:09 PM
There are adverts passing as forum threads starting about 6 PM EST. It seems to be roughly three pages of postings. Someone asleep at the wheel? This a new look? What the heck, Edgar?

Annika L
May 16, 2013, 9:20 PM
Help, help! The forum is literally drowning in spam!! (This call of distress brought to you by Prednisone.)

I seriously wonder *why*? I mean, yeah, in a sense it's free advertising. On the other hand, surely nobody looks at these...I mean, count the total views. We just wait until they are deleted and then get back to life as usual. So it seems like a lot of wasted effort that just annoys people. Makes me wonder if maybe the Christian right is behind it....

Polar Bear
May 16, 2013, 9:46 PM
Did Drew take the day off? WTF.

elian
May 16, 2013, 10:32 PM
In Futurama Season 1 Bender, Leela, and Fry go to the Little Neptune district of New New York, a man in an alley pulls Fry aside:

Shady Guy: You want to buy organ? Fresh and cheap, ready for transplant.

Fry: Ooh! What's this?

Shady Guy: Ah! Is X-ray eyes. See through anything.

Fry: Wait a minute! This says Z-ray.

Shady Guy: Z is just as good. In fact, is better. Is two more than X.

I seriously wonder *why*? I mean, yeah, in a sense it's free advertising. .

Annika L
May 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
Did Drew take the day off? WTF.

Well, gods know he has the right to...the place *shouldn't* exactly fall apart without him here for one day. But sheesh...let's just hope he gets back soon!

void()
May 17, 2013, 12:08 AM
Help, help! The forum is literally drowning in spam!! (This call of distress brought to you by Prednisone.)

I seriously wonder *why*? I mean, yeah, in a sense it's free advertising. On the other hand, surely nobody looks at these...I mean, count the total views. We just wait until they are deleted and then get back to life as usual. So it seems like a lot of wasted effort that just annoys people. Makes me wonder if maybe the Christian right is behind it....

Nah, it's the C.I.A by route of Homeland Security and the O.S.S in an effort to ferret out a suspicious writer of scandalous text claiming high prophets based on lamp oil. ;) We all know my furniture fetish smacks of Murphy oil and camphor, which in effect does cause prophets to get buzzed. They'll be coming along nicely for me in moments. I shall not move save to place my hands in the air at skull level, openly so as to be supplicant for their impending use of a tazer after kicking in my door. Heck yeah! ;) :tongue: :crazy:

"Must have more WOOD!" *nudges elian whilst he sleeps, knowing full well if I touch him, he'll not sleep for at least two hours more*