PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio PCV RS420

Curious1srching
Jul 5, 2006, 4:07 PM
I am in great need of the recovery disk for a Sony Vaio PCV RS420. If anyone has it please contact me. I miss my pc.
Thanks
Tricia

Curious1srching
Jul 7, 2006, 11:33 PM
nobody huh? i must be the only person keeping sony in business. o well that has stopped...lol

morenito
Jul 8, 2006, 2:06 AM
Hey there, have you tried googling it???? Maybe you'll get lucky and find it over the net.
Good luck!

deletetacount123
Jul 8, 2006, 2:49 AM
Could check Ebay :-)

Tasha

tink1978
Jul 8, 2006, 3:13 AM
Have you tried contacting Sony? We have a 1998 Sony Viao laptop and were able to get the recovery disk from them.

Tink

ThrillMe
Jul 8, 2006, 7:00 AM
And I thought the Vaio came with a recovery image in a hidden part of the hard drive. D'oh.

Curious1srching
Jul 8, 2006, 9:55 AM
Yes I tried contacting Sony. for some reason, even though they are usually available up to 7 yrs after, mine is no longer available. I have tried ebay and every other site out there that has them to no avail. I decided my next step was to post in every forum I could and see if that worked. it did have the recovery hidden 5 gigs but it has crashed and been semi repaired once. Only now various things dont work ie cant change resolution, speakers only work on monitor and other little things that would drive ya nutz.
Thanks so much for the responses.
Tricia