PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here in recovery, sober, AA/NA or non-12 step groups?

Young pussy and dope
May 14, 2013, 1:26 PM
Anyone here on this site in recovery, sober, go to AA/NA, or non-12 step sobriety groups? Or did you do it on your own without a sobriety group? If so do you remain sober, what are/were your drug(s) of choice? What did you do when you relapsed or if you had a small fuck up?

llllllllll
May 14, 2013, 1:30 PM
yes I am

norcalbi
May 14, 2013, 2:45 PM
I am too. Since June 24th, 2009

twoforone16
May 14, 2013, 7:27 PM
yes I am since 2004

mike1
May 14, 2013, 7:47 PM
Anyone here on this site in recovery, sober, go to AA/NA, or non-12 step sobriety groups? Or did you do it on your own without a sobriety group? If so do you remain sober, what are/were your drug(s) of choice? What did you do when you relapsed or if you had a small fuck up?

I have been sober, in AA, since May 2011.

olmizzou42
May 15, 2013, 10:53 AM
24 years of sobriety as of May 4th. Went through a 90 day out-patient program. Went to AA meetings for a couple of months and did not care for it. Have friends who drink visit and go out with them, but have no desire to join in. Wife drinks so there's always booze in the house, but I don't even think about it. It seems that once I physically got it out of my system the desire just went away. I feel blessed in that regard because I was a 24/7 drunk!

grayhound
May 15, 2013, 11:13 AM
I have been sober for 35 years now, and still am alive

onesucker4u
May 15, 2013, 2:02 PM
I am clean and sober 26 years. Still make a meeting 1 or 2 X a week .NA or AA cuz tho I used drugs , the last ugly year was mostly wiskey

Swirl
May 15, 2013, 2:14 PM
Sober since 1992. Could never have done it without A.A. My drug of choice was whatever was next, but I'm a bar stool drunk. If you got sober in 12 step and relapse, go back.
As is mentioned here, there are other ways...but not for me.
Hang in there, and don't let that crap kill you please.

Dead Account
May 15, 2013, 5:22 PM
AA- since 1990.

Mr. Suck
May 15, 2013, 5:30 PM
I don't drink but my partner is an alcoholic and was into abusing other drugs like marijuana and other psychedelics, and he got sober on his own and considers AA/NA and 12 step groups to be cults and for people who can't think for themselves or get sober on their own.

Young pussy and dope
May 15, 2013, 6:27 PM
Did you do drugs or drink to fit in with a social crowd? If the answer is yes, you need AA/NA. If the answer is no, and you used drugs or alcohol mainly alone run far, far away. And don't look back. I always thought the purpose of quitting drugs was to move on in your life? Why go to that 12 step shit and white-knuckle it? I don't see the logic in some one who is trying to quit drugs making the focal point of their life talking about drugs. Every meeting I left I was craving harder than before. AA/NA = a bunch of low-lives dicksizing about how huge their habit was and how many bitches they fucked. Not my scene, but hey... And to all the haters: I did 120 meetings in 120 days. While I admit I'm no expert, I can safely say I know a thing or two about the program... You know the original AA Nazis were so strict they wouldn't even allow diabetics in their meetings? I guess shooting insulin to stay alive was considered a drug problem. Nowadays some AA nazis will say that if you cook with wine or use mouthwash that has alcohol in it, or are on a medication you are not "sober".

larrywilldo
May 24, 2013, 7:53 PM
Young Pussy..... Who died and left you as the historical expert? Your don't know shit about it. Sober 30 years and still goes to meetings once a week.

larrywilldo
May 24, 2013, 7:55 PM
Anyone is Western Washington interested in having a cup of coffee, pm me.