PDA

View Full Version : Explain your avatar

JohnnyV
Jul 1, 2006, 10:36 AM
Hi all,

Just a thread, that I've always wanted to start but was afraid to:

Those of you who have avatars -- what does your avatar mean? Where does it come from?

Mine is Aqua Man. He was my favorite Superhero because he was blond and clean-cut looking (that's my type when it comes to men), and he talked to fish. I like people who can talk to animals. Also, his colors are green and orange, which match this forum.

What's your deal? Tell us.

PS.
Okay, the people to whom I talk a lot will never believe me when I say this, but really, I swear, I have to leave the forums for a long time and get my darn professional work done. Since I work at home, the site's been keeping me happily distracted, but as of today, July 1, I am a New Man. No typing but personal emails and professional writing from now until October 1 -- if I break my word, and you see my babbling, obnoxious presence again on the forums, I owe anybody who notices $3. American dollars.

jedinudist
Jul 1, 2006, 10:45 AM
The Pentacle - an ancient symbol encompassing the 5 elements. My wife and I are fledgeling Pagans

Azrael
Jul 1, 2006, 11:28 AM
Mine is my old employee photo from Dunedin Refrigeration. Fledgling pagan as well. I'm in my element when I'm doing something pseudo-techy/mechanical, so there it is. :flag3:

julie
Jul 1, 2006, 11:38 AM
...mine is an (overly?) optimistic stance on my struggle to become well after 6 years of being treated for a major depressive illness....

...today i dont share my avators optimism

...today i want to crash and burn

j.

Mrs.F
Jul 1, 2006, 11:59 AM
Mine doesn't really mean anything special. I was hunting through avatars one day and came across this blonde chick. I do happen to be a blonde also! So, there you have it......it's nothing special! :rolleyes:

Good thread JohnnyV :)

arana
Jul 1, 2006, 2:31 PM
Those of you who have avatars -- what does your avatar mean? Where does it come from? Tinkerbelle sort of came as a joke because Wellred had called me that in my earlier days here. I guess it has stuck since you didn't like my cookies and milk and asked for her back. lol

Mine is Aqua Man. He was my favorite Superhero because he was blond and clean-cut looking (that's my type when it comes to men), and he talked to fish. I like people who can talk to animals. Also, his colors are green and orange, which match this forum. You colour co-oridnated your avatar??? lol You are too cool Johnny! A true bi-man!

PS.
Okay, the people to whom I talk a lot will never believe me when I say this, but really, I swear, I have to leave the forums for a long time and get my darn professional work done. Since I work at home, the site's been keeping me happily distracted, but as of today, July 1, I am a New Man. No typing but personal emails and professional writing from now until October 1 -- if I break my word, and you see my babbling, obnoxious presence again on the forums, I owe anybody who notices $3. American dollars.You know you could just schedule the site in during breaks and set a timer so you know you have to stop and get back to work, then you could work AND visit. At least during those patches when your brain is stuck and needs some lubrication.

becksbolero
Jul 1, 2006, 4:06 PM
Mine's "Blackie",it's the Eric Clapton approved model of a Fender Stratocaster,It keeps me improving my guitar playing because it's almost as much fun as sex!

Flounder1967
Jul 1, 2006, 4:46 PM
It is me in rugby playing gear. It was after the game walking on the side lines.

I like it beacuse it dosen't show how fat I am and i look tough.

It also represents tha best parts of my life. I was learning to become more asertive and conifident i what and who i was becoming. I had just married my wife and having fun. Rugby turned my life around and the sport was teaching me that i could play tough on the feild take my frustrations out on someone (the other team). When off i could relax and talk with person i had directed my anger against. When you come off the pitch (feild) it wasn't personal it was the game. I knew that the other guy was doing the same thing.

And when i left rugby due to injuries, i had to walk away and never go back because I loved the game so much. Most of the team didn't understand why i had to do that. But over time i have talked ot the team and they know i love the team and the sport, but i can't afford to be there for i will want to play.

ddbmma
Jul 1, 2006, 5:02 PM
Currently using one of the tags Gleeky made for me. She probably has another definition for it, but I'll share my view. The one I've chosen is wrapped in silks. Always have loved the silk routines in Circe de Sole. I think she caught me, well.
I may switch back to the quill and feather pen, I write so that one is no surprise. For now, I'm happy with sis's ddbmma avatar. :)

gina42
Jul 1, 2006, 5:40 PM
my neice was hunting there avatars one day and i saw tweety,that is how i got mine...i love aminals and enjoy listing to them sing 1st thing in the morrings.. :)

ScifiBiJen
Jul 1, 2006, 7:14 PM
Mine is a picture I made from the "make your own South Park character website" (sorry, don't have a link) that I added to a bit with MSPaint and Photoshop. It's a decent representation of me... I wear contacts more often than glasses and my hair's a tad longer, but if you look closely you can see the watch on my left wrist and bi pride beads on my right wrist... both of which I always wear (when it's safe to).

I like it.
:flag1:

funtimebiman47
Jul 1, 2006, 7:49 PM
I have always liked cartoons, especially adult cartoons, and I have liked robots since the tv series Lost In Space aired. Bender is the robot from the tv series Futurama who does things that are bad for humans but are good for him, like drinking, and smoking cigars. In some ways its the way I lived my youth (robotically having fun). I like fun, and as Bender says, If you dont like it you can kiss my shiny metal _ _ _. :bigrin:

Funtime

Gleekybaby
Jul 1, 2006, 8:06 PM
hey everyone.... my Avatar changes sometimes... i have this one because i feel by getting a name change i have changed on here aswell, my home made Avatar (tag) is i believe a way of me showing people that i am better and stronger now.. thanks love gleeky xoxox

Bi-ten
Jul 2, 2006, 12:23 AM
Hello all,

Those of you who practice yoga may recognize the sanskrit symbol for 'om' depicted here. Its meaning is ancient and beautiful...essentially the sound of the universe, if one were to hear it.

This is a very special symbol for me because yoga has been my path to my sexual awakening, as well as my personal path to God. So I wanted to share this with all of you:)

Chanting 'om' can produce benefits according to some cultures, I have included a quote if you are interested.

The Power of Chanting Om

1. The chanting of Om drives away all worldly thoughts and removes distraction and infuses new vigour in the body.
2. When you feel depressed, chant Om fifty times and you will be filled with new vigour and strength. The chanting of Om is a powerful tonic. When you chant Om, you feel you are the pure, all pervading light and consciousness.
3. Those who chant Om will have a powerful, sweet voice. Whenever you take a stroll, you can chant Om. You can also sing Om in a beautiful way. The rythmic pronunciation of Om makes the mind serene and pointed, and infuses the spiritual qualifications which ensure self-realization.
4. Those who do meditation of Om daily will get tremendous power. They will have lustre in their eyes and faces.

Thanks for the thread!

Bi-ten

Haemoglobin
Jul 2, 2006, 1:09 AM
my avatar shows an evil eye , , looks quite creepy really :cool: i like it cause i like lots of creepy things :bigrin:

codybear3
Jul 2, 2006, 1:36 AM
Mine is the Bear-claw...It is one symbol of strength in the Native American Tribes...I also use it because I have a Bear-like body... :paw: :paw:

BI BOYTOY
Jul 2, 2006, 2:11 AM
mine has got be an elf , faries and the like.
their small in stature but have inner strength, that cant be seen from the serface. and they to talk to animals, and have respect for the world they live in. :bigrin: :bigrin: :three: :three:

BI BOYTOY
Jul 2, 2006, 2:12 AM
plus much much more :bigrin: :bigrin: :) :bibounce: :bibounce: :bibounce: :bibounce:

innaminka
Jul 2, 2006, 3:50 AM
Mine just represents wishful thinking........ :rolleyes:

KatieBi
Jul 2, 2006, 6:17 AM
I picked Mulan because I both am and would like to be Mulan. The themes of the Disney version of the Chinese legend (I'm actually not familiar with the original legend - and I don't want to know if it's tragic!) always appealed to me: family, honour, courage, the search we all go on to figure out who we really are, and redemption.

I have the strongest memory of seeing the movie for the first time in the late 90s and having my heart ache with sympathy as Mulan sang "who is this girl I see, staring straight back at me, why is my reflection someone I don't know? Somehow I cannot hide who I am, though I've tried...when will my reflection show who I am inside?" with half her face painted and half cleaned off. It was right when I was starting to come to the realization I might be bi, and was the strongest representation of how I felt that I'd ever come across.

Mulan is, so far, the perfect metaphor for what my life is like. Now, if I can just find my "Shang" and rescue the emperor in time, I'll legally change my name...lol

m.in.heels&hose
Jul 2, 2006, 7:28 AM
mine is pretty much what my collecting passion for the past few years, i have an extensive high heel collection about 75 pair that i wear at any available time. i have also started to collect high heel ornanmants too (from keychains to framed pictures)

my old avatar is of snoopy doing his happy dance (that i do with katie in chat when ever we are in there together)

m.in.heels&hose

Nara_lovely
Jul 2, 2006, 8:11 AM
A long time friend (Jules) sent me to a site filled with artwork and music, it was a peaceful place to wander during times of deep thoughts.

The two hands reaching out and touching, causing an explosive connection through the universe.

It was my wish, to find the hand I have always hoped for and dreamed of...the hand of my soulmate.

For those who don't know...I found her! My wish, my dream, the one I asked for...and never gave up hope in my heart that she was out there somewhere. The timing of the universe had her searching too. You'd know her as Tigger74 in here.

SweetBlackAngel
Jul 2, 2006, 8:58 AM
Hello all,

Those of you who practice yoga may recognize the sanskrit symbol for 'om' depicted here. Its meaning is ancient and beautiful...essentially the sound of the universe, if one were to hear it.

This is a very special symbol for me because yoga has been my path to my sexual awakening, as well as my personal path to God. So I wanted to share this with all of you:)

Chanting 'om' can produce benefits according to some cultures, I have included a quote if you are interested.

The Power of Chanting Om

1. The chanting of Om drives away all worldly thoughts and removes distraction and infuses new vigour in the body.
2. When you feel depressed, chant Om fifty times and you will be filled with new vigour and strength. The chanting of Om is a powerful tonic. When you chant Om, you feel you are the pure, all pervading light and consciousness.
3. Those who chant Om will have a powerful, sweet voice. Whenever you take a stroll, you can chant Om. You can also sing Om in a beautiful way. The rythmic pronunciation of Om makes the mind serene and pointed, and infuses the spiritual qualifications which ensure self-realization.
4. Those who do meditation of Om daily will get tremendous power. They will have lustre in their eyes and faces.

Thanks for the thread!

Bi-ten

I'm one of those folks who does yoga. I love the beautiful Universal Om. My avatar is Angela Davis. She's my hero. :flag1:

Azrael
Jul 2, 2006, 9:53 AM
Finally found a musical male fairy, which is naturally how I see myself :bigrin:

12voltman59
Jul 17, 2006, 8:21 PM
Just looking at older posts that have vanished from the main thread screen---

my little motion avatar came from a MSN website--I thought they were kind of, dare I say it, --CUTE and rather appropro for a bisexual website.

The poor critters (sex of at least the reciever is undetermined) have been going at it for months--they must be way tired and sore by now--I have thought of finding something else in order to give them a bit of a break, but I like them and would miss them--

Y'all let me know--should I find something else and give my little buddies a break????? :bounce: :yikes2: :yikes2: :smilies12 :smilies12 :smilies15 :tongue:

arana
Jul 17, 2006, 8:43 PM

my little motion avatar came from a MSN website--I thought they were kind of, dare I say it, --CUTE and rather appropro for a bisexual website.

The poor critters (sex of at least the reciever is undetermined) have been going at it for months--they must be way tired and sore by now--I have thought of finding something else in order to give them a bit of a break, but I like them and would miss them--

Y'all let me know--should I find something else and give my little buddies a break????? :bounce: :yikes2: :yikes2: :smilies12 :smilies12 :smilies15 :tongue:
If Tink stays, banana sex stays. Besides it's become a part of you now Volty! lol

Just_Gem
Jul 17, 2006, 9:24 PM
I asked Gleeky if she could make mine for me - a white wolf and I got 2 :bigrin: - because of my love for wolves in general and also because of our pet wolfdog, Pearl. She's 3/4 wolf and is white and as lovable a pet as you'd ever want to find.
The wolves in the avatar even resembles her quite a lot, especially the one looking out of the pic at you.
Gemm

deletetacount123
Jul 17, 2006, 10:21 PM
My first real chat in the chat forum, I got to chatting to Gleeky, next thing I know she says "Click this link" (or close to that!). She made me my very own avatar :) Nice way to greet someone new to the site/forums/chat!!! :) Thanks again Gleeky!

Gleekybaby
Jul 18, 2006, 6:41 AM
THere i go again changing my avatar this one with a poemy thing in is made for my fave girl and i (that would be c4l) its a lil thing again to show others how much i care for her

TinTin
Jul 18, 2006, 7:37 AM
Mine is a little obvious, hahahahaha

canuckotter
Jul 18, 2006, 7:59 AM
I'm fond of doing silly things, like the 3-Day Novel Contest (http://www.3daynovel.com/) (until the price got a little too high), and I have friends in the comic industry so even though I can't draw they talked me into doing the 24 Hour Comic (http://www.24hourcomics.com/). Well, "talked me into it" was really more like "vaguely referred to it and then got talked into doing it with me". :tong: My avatar is a panel from my comic.

bigregory
Jul 18, 2006, 12:10 PM
BEER GOOD
I could not find an avatar i liked.
So i posted a help me find an avatar in the forums here.
Thanks to everone here i got some great links,but i still could not find an avatar i liked.So i put up Homer till i found what i thought would represent me.I still cannot find it,but that ok because im not looking for it.
Im sure it will find me when the time is right.

P.S. I look nothing like Homer :color:

DÆMØN
Jul 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
Qvack ! roses are red violets are corny when i think of you oh baby i get horny eat me beat me bite me blow me suck me fuck me very slowly if you kiss me dont be sassy you your tongue and make is nasty. Qvack !

Does that explain enough? ROFL

I have so many avatars from my participation all over the web. So yeah occassionally I tweak em. I make just about anything I could possibly want. Usually due to my ecclectic backgrounding in the mystic realms theres always some kind of mini history bound up with most of my Avatars. Evan my username itself is an embodiment of an avatistic DÆMØN , a modern mutation of the old Sanskrit Dæva's.

Lorcan
Jul 18, 2006, 10:46 PM
A lot of snails are hermaphrodites... like my mental gender.

I like snails and slugs.

Herbwoman39
Jul 18, 2006, 11:03 PM

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Banana sex MUST stay! I LOVE those little guys!! You've GOT to keep them!

PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEE?????????? <begs>

Herbwoman39
Jul 18, 2006, 11:09 PM
I just realize that I hadn't posted my reply to Johnny's question yet.

My avatar came from Gleekybaby (THANK YOU!!!) when she was making them for everyone who asked. It's pretty self explanatory, but I just love it. I really think it reflects who I am. I'm an herbalist/healer/helper and I think the avatar captures that.

Ocasio otoko
Jul 18, 2006, 11:49 PM
Mine's one of the main characters from the classic anime series Ranma1/2. His name is Tatewaki Kuno, kendo expert(swordman). He is quite funny, but what I like about him is his high education, classyness, love for cute girls, roses and Japanese tradition.

12voltman59
Jul 19, 2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the input on my fun loving, horny bananas--THEY STAY!!!!!

Ashoka & Kaurwaki
Jul 19, 2006, 8:17 PM
Lil Dream

We're both huge fans of Neil Gaiman and I finally got Kaur hooked on the old Sandman series. I found a whole series of "lil endless" avs but I've always been a fan of Dream. So I put this one up an decided to stick with it.

It is rather cute.....

canuckotter
Jul 19, 2006, 8:28 PM
Lil Dream

We're both huge fans of Neil Gaiman and I finally got Kaur hooked on the old Sandman series. I found a whole series of "lil endless" avs but I've always been a fan of Dream. So I put this one up an decided to stick with it.

It is rather cute.....
I've always loved Delerium, personally... Sometimes it feels like she takes too much of a personal interest in my life... :)

Chaia
Jul 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
Mine is an Amy Brown fairy. She has a butterfly tatoo, like me, but mine isn't on my shoulder. I like Amy Brown--her fairies are dark and flirty.

Ashoka & Kaurwaki
Jul 20, 2006, 1:43 AM
I've always loved Delerium, personally... Sometimes it feels like she takes too much of a personal interest in my life... :)

I always liked the thought that she used to be Delight, but something happened and sent her into a spiral of insanity. Some of my favourite stories were with her (esp when they went looking for Destruction :D)

--------------> Merry Christmas

koda26
Jul 20, 2006, 9:10 PM
Mine was easy, I took some clip art and modified it. I wanted something that reflected who I was but also who we are together. Yes, if you had not guessed we are both American Indian.

EludedSunshine
Jul 20, 2006, 9:18 PM
Mine is L (an international detective of sorts) from the manga 'Death Note.' I tend to stay away from most anime and manga. Death Note, however, is worth reading. It's pretty dark, but L and a couple other characters provide some occasional quirky comic relief.

L tends to eat all the time and make funny faces, so I've turned quite a few panels into avatars and icons. In this one, he was too distracted to take the paper wrapping off of his dessert, so he ended up eating it.

WindsorMartha
Jul 22, 2006, 12:43 PM
I have two cats who are forever stealing stuff from my desk (string, pens, etc.) Plus I liked the idea of a sneaky pus--kitty-kat! ;)

mrplayfuluk
Jul 26, 2006, 8:45 AM
i am big fan of Bender, in cockney slang a bender is gay, queer etc. but I also like the idea of excess and he is the master of it!!

UnclearOnItAll
Jul 26, 2006, 5:42 PM
Starry Night by VanGogh...A very personal and direct reminder of the love of my life (a love that was lost).

arana
Jul 26, 2006, 6:01 PM
Starry Night by VanGogh...A very personal and direct reminder of the love of my life (a love that was lost).
That's very touching. Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings.

ddbmma
Sep 20, 2006, 12:45 AM
Currently using one of the tags Gleeky made for me. She probably has another definition for it, but I'll share my view. The one I've chosen is wrapped in silks. Always have loved the silk routines in Circe de Sole. I think she caught me, well.
I may switch back to the quill and feather pen, I write so that one is no surprise. For now, I'm happy with sis's ddbmma avatar. :)

Apologies sis, I felt a changed avatar was in order. Compare my picture with the avatar in my profile page. Don't think explination is needed after that.

GreenEyedLady
Sep 20, 2006, 4:29 AM
Ummm. I have green eyes.

element_of_wind
Sep 24, 2006, 2:46 PM
My avatar right now is the character Riley, from the Boondocks (comic strip and TV show). Riley is a cute, mischievous 8-year old wannabe gangsta, who is completely unlike me in temperment and personality. But I think he's really funny, and I love the Boondocks. So there.

My avatars tend to change change every few weeks anyway, so I'll probably have a different one when people read this thread later.

yoyo4u
Sep 25, 2006, 12:52 PM
When I found the two images online I immediately fell in love with them as they are perfectly describing me and my feelings.

With a little digital wizzardry....they are now joined in harmony.
Think of them as the modern day Ying-Yang...
:)

yoyo

moonlitwish
Sep 25, 2006, 2:25 PM
My avatar is a pic that i took of a print i had hanging on my kitchen wall at my previous residence. i was having a good ol time playing around with my new digital camera and i thought it was kinda artistic. I love beach scenes and black and white photography. It's the best of both worlds. I use it everywhere but yahoo where i made another that kinda looks like me. I like this one better because it's as anonymous as i want it to be.