PDA

View Full Version : Gay Conversion, another money making , only in US, scam.

goldenfinger
Mar 13, 2013, 8:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-J5T6wsnEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSWyeWv1Fo

Is there nothing the church won't do to make money???

firebird19
Mar 13, 2013, 8:47 AM
The do gooder's .All was in to any thing to make life hard for some one ! They need to look in there own back yard !

elian
Mar 13, 2013, 5:39 PM
I love the high NRG dance music in the beginning of the second video, I thought that it was an "ex-gay" rally..

I don't really care for the second video, now that I've watched 1 minute and 30 seconds of it.

I will agree that many people I've known could use therapy for psychological trauma they've experienced (half of it related to intense feelings of shame and guilt that they really shouldn't have had to be subjected to in the first place.)

To try to FORCE another person to change their identity against their will, especially by invoking the name of God is a blasphemy. There is plenty of same sex behavior in nature; the same nature that was supposedly created by God.

How do these people know the will of God? Have they spoken to God?

This world is full of people who are hurting that need love, you don't think that in more than a thousand years God would try everything he possibly could to remedy that problem?

To look out over that whole sea of NYC gay pride participants and say that each one is going to hell JUST for being gay is unacceptable. Yes they are prideful but wouldn't you be if the most powerful groups in society told you that you don't have a right to exist? I would rather be proud of who I am, even to the smallest degree rather than dead because I was woefully ashamed of an innate part of my being.

I used to plead with God when I was a teenager, you want to know what I was finally told? "I just want you to be happy."

Some of what these ex-gay converts have been through is 1,000 times more detrimental than just "being" who they are could ever be.

Honestly, I don't like stereotypical gay culture either but to accuse every single gay person of having unquenchable demonic lust in their heart is just ludicrous. People "sin" all the time, even "married" people sin. I don't see what makes Christians any more spectacular in the hall of virtue to such a degree that they can tell other people who to love and dictate how others live their lives.

If you ask me, I will share my thoughts on spirituality but I would never impose them on the will of another person. My spiritual RESPONSIBILITY is something that is between myself and the divine alone. I find that I have enough trouble just living my OWN life.

Again human beings seem to quibble over the less than 1% of our DNA that gives us differential traits from other humans. You'd think by now that people would've gotten over fearing "that group in the village who doesn't look or act just like us."

If EVERYONE was the SAME, there would be no catalyst for change, it is very likely we would all atrophy and die... Ok well, we're all going to die anyway, what I mean to say rather is die a BORING life and/or potential extinction of the species.

Wait, this guy almost sounds rational..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTl1YLI8C5g

I kind of like this one too..

http://youtu.be/8pBBqxaOXvg?t=4m35s (http://youtu.be/8pBBqxaOXvg?t=4m34s)

goldenfinger
Mar 14, 2013, 2:20 AM
[QUOTE=elian;247265]

I don't really care for the second video, now that I've watched 1 minute and 30 seconds of it.

It's after the first 11/2 min it's get really strange.

elian
Mar 14, 2013, 5:56 AM
OK so after writing such an angry message yesterday I got an interesting lesson that made me question whether or not I went too far..

I decided to go shopping last night and I stopped in the section of the store that sold books. I was looking for a copy of the novel “Cloud Atlas” but the available selection was very small – mostly romance novels, young adult literature and a few inspirational books. I looked at all the titles and noticed the inspirational ones had some rather apocalyptic titles. Before too long a young man appeared in the same aisle and asked me if I had seen some miniseries related to one of the inspirational books. I told him that I didn’t have cable TV. What luck, we had something in common! He then asked me if I went to a church. I hesitated for a second because you always have to weigh your answer to that question against the inevitable next one, “Which one?”

I have been a happy member of the Unitarian Church for 10 years. The reason those years have been so happy is because we really literally do not judge; we believe that there is value in the spiritual perspective of all people and we come together to worship and support each other in community. We may debate issues, but we never question the underlying worth of someone JUST because what they believe is different than others.

This was a nice man and I really didn’t want to get into a long conversation so I looked at a few more books and then said “Good night” and moved to another department.

Well, a little while later the man shows up again and hands me a religious tract about the Beatles. At first I didn’t know what to say because as far as I knew the Beatles had various different religious beliefs. He was nice about it so I took it and he walked away. Upon closer examination it was easier to tell that the man was a Bible Baptist.. The tract he handed me went on and on about eternal damnation, fire and brimstone and it made it sound as though God detested humankind and thought we where sinners who were lower than low.

My experience of the divine has been something completely different. I have always been able to call on divine love and guidance – when I hated myself, when other people around me tried to convince me that I would never survive, that no one wanted me, that I would be better off dead. God was the one who told me – hang on, I love you, just a little bit longer..you can do it.

My relationship with the divine got a lot better when I stopped thinking of God as some angry old white man in the sky or admonishing parent and started seeing the divine as a loving partner that ultimately wants me to succeed.

The universe does give us feedback on our actions, if you screw up – more than likely you will know about it. However, the challenges you face in life are not punishment from God looking to extract vengeance from wicked, rebellious, petulant children. People make mistakes and they (hopefully) learn. It is what we do best. Neither good nor bad, the challenges were put there with the intention of helping you grow to your full potential.

I don’t know if I will ever see that man again but I wish that he would know the love of God instead of the wrath. If he hadn't taken me by surprise to start with maybe I would've told him that on the spot but his methods were very clandestine. I guess I was glad I could help him do his job. Sorry if I offend anyone but I just can't see constantly living in "fear and judgement" of the divine world. There has to be more to life than that. God knows what is in my heart, and it's not ALWAYS lust.

BiDaveDtown
Mar 14, 2013, 1:43 PM
A lot of religions worldwide not just Fundamentalist Christianity do this.

first time guy
Mar 14, 2013, 3:53 PM
People are born gay or bi. They dont choose it, they go with what they like and what appeals to them. As for the religious laws against it. I am of the opinion that Jesus said he replaced the old law and his way is the way of love. No mention of the old testament and its rules, He came to replace them. But this is my interpertation of Christ teachings. Maybe I am all wrong.

elian
Mar 15, 2013, 5:30 PM
I stand in solidarity with this video, because too many suicidal young people just don't understand what they are truly worth in this life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sBOxrsCmPo

My heart goes out to ALL people that suffer with self esteem issues; people full of potential who deserve to be accepted regardless of WHO they love.