PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request please

DuckiesDarling
Feb 22, 2013, 3:52 PM
My dad.. my stubborn ass dad, who put off going to doctor forever even though he had insurance.. finally went this morning after suffering for months with lots of intestinal issues. He has diverticulitis but they are admitting him to the hospital because he let it go so long his kidney's are failing. Please, whatever deity you pray to, send up a thought for my dad.

Thank you.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 22, 2013, 4:49 PM
Prayers to the Spirits for you Girlfriend. My prayers that they can give him some great help:}
Hugs Honey
Yer Cat

IndyBiFun
Feb 22, 2013, 7:29 PM
Absolutely prayers to your dad for a complete recovery.

Stay positive.

Realist
Feb 22, 2013, 7:35 PM
I pray you dad gets better soon, DD!

Tell him you love him every time you see him, that'll help.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 22, 2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys, brief stay with him earlier tonight then going back to spend some time tomorrow. They are hopeful but right now they are pumping in high does iv antibiotics and trying to get his fluids up as he was severely dehydrated.

Bi Pal
Feb 22, 2013, 11:12 PM
I echo the prayers. I believe prayers are
powerful. But outcomes are in God's control, for which His Will will be done.

celticmagic
Feb 23, 2013, 8:10 AM
May God and all elementals be with both you and your Dad.
Blessed be.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 24, 2013, 7:04 AM
Spent quite a bit of time at hospital yesterday with him. He looks the worst that I have ever seen him. Two weeks growth of stubble on face, very weak, can't get out of bed on his own to go to bathroom. Has lost a ton of weight everywhere but belly area, and that appears to have been bloated with infection. He is still in kidney failure but they are optimistic that in a few more days he will be out of kidney failure and on the road to recovery against the infection raging in his system. Thank you all for the kind thoughts, it means a lot.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 24, 2013, 3:53 PM
Well, he called my mom to come back to hospital last night. She wound up spending the night. He was in a lot of pain and very anxious. They finally gave him some pain relief as well as some xanax. Today they are xraying his back to see if the source of his intense back pain is the kidneys, which are improving, or something else. In just a few minutes I'm heading back out with mom to go eat and then back to hospital to try and take some of the pressure off of her. Thank you for your continued good thoughts.

Doggiestyle
Feb 24, 2013, 9:57 PM
I hate to hear that youre dad is doing that poorly. I hope and pray that he does better now that he finally got medical care.

And yes, like Realist said, tell him that you love him and want him out of the hospital soon.

Your friend, Doggie

DuckiesDarling
Feb 25, 2013, 9:15 AM
Thank you, Doggie. He is still in very bad shape but they did manage to shave him yesterday so he looked like my dad again. They wound up having to tape the oxygen to his face because he kept pulling it off. Blood pressure dangerously low so they can't give him pain meds. They are waiting to see what is going on with the xray and I am really hopeful we hear something today but also afraid of what I might hear.

darkeyes
Feb 25, 2013, 1:10 PM
I know all too well the stress and worry over a seriously ill father and know what u are going through, darlin' darlin'... I can't pray, but my hopes and best wishes I send to u both gladly. :)

DuckiesDarling
Feb 25, 2013, 3:20 PM
Thank you, Fran.

elian
Feb 25, 2013, 5:11 PM
Well, that sounds like slightly more progress. I hope he will feel better soon ..

DuckiesDarling
Feb 26, 2013, 10:15 AM
Well I had to go to ER for me last night, got bit by something in my apartment and reacted rather badly. Mom dropped me and went up to Dad's room. When they got done poking prodding xraying and presribing acute pulmonary edema with allergic reaction to insect bites I went up to let Mom know I was done. Dad was more alert today, the room was dark as it was about 1am and he saw me go to mom on side of bed and said "hi, daughter". They found degenerative joint disease on the xray for his back, so he will be on something to help him once he's out of the other issues. Kidney function is getting a bit better. So maybe in a few days he might actually come home. I thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts. He's still got a bit of a way to go but now I no longer dread the phone ringing thinking it's Mom with more bad news.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 27, 2013, 12:34 AM
With any luck and if nothing shows up on the MRI, my dad may be coming up tomorrow. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 27, 2013, 6:15 PM
Yaay! You Go Girlie..:}
Cat

DuckiesDarling
Feb 27, 2013, 11:37 PM
He is home. Still weak but improving just by being home. He did light up, but only smoked half. Mom wisely didn't say a word so maybe he won't go back and finish it anytime soon. Thank you all.

elian
Feb 28, 2013, 6:04 AM
--grrr---

Seriously? (bangs head into desk)

How old is he? He should make a really big effort to quit smoking. My grandma of 75 years quit, she chain smoked so bad that she was on oxygen and STILL smoking. She was also depressed about it because she had scarred her lungs so bad that it didn't help her feel any better when she finally stopped...

I don't know it just makes me feel better knowing that the person I love is not filling their lungs with glass fibers and tons of other chemicals. Smoking can interfere wit the body's natural way of healing itself.

I know it's hard to quit.

Unitarians have a saying about prayer DD. "Prayer doesn't change things, prayer changes people, and people change things"

I have seen it both ways - improvement from self determination and sometimes an opportunity just sort of presents itself

DuckiesDarling
Feb 28, 2013, 9:08 AM
Elian he is 65 and has smoked since he was 13. He has done much better the last few years but, to be honest, he had no lung issues at all until the switched from Pall Mall full flavor non filters to a generic brand with more tannic acid. That was about three years ago due to costs. His hospital stay was not related to smoking but I'm sure his history didn't help. Before he left he was not on oxygen and was walking around with the physical therapist. He has "quit" several times the last year and maybe it will stick one time or another.

elian
Feb 28, 2013, 6:14 PM
Sorry, I shouldn't have thrown a fit.. I'm glad he is trying to do better anyway. I hope he feels better soon.

-hugs-

12voltman59
Mar 2, 2013, 1:21 PM
I don't pray per se, but in the way that I do something of that sort---I have added your dad and you. I am dealing with an ailing dad now too---so I know its a hard thing to deal with.

DuckiesDarling
Mar 3, 2013, 2:48 AM
I don't pray per se, but in the way that I do something of that sort---I have added your dad and you. I am dealing with an ailing dad now too---so I know its a hard thing to deal with.

Hugs, Voltie. I know what it's like and I will be thinking of you and your dad as well.