PDA

View Full Version : So............. what ya gonna do for Valentines?

DuckiesDarling
Feb 8, 2013, 7:28 AM
It's fast approaching us and people are scrambling to find the perfect way to show the partner or partners how they feel for sure on one day of the year. So what are your plans? Is it with a long time SO or a spouse of x amount of years or with the new love of your life.

Anything elaborate, anything simple, anything that just says "hey, babe/babes, I tried"?

For the people involved with same sex bisexual partners as well as opposite sex, are you gifting both?

Realist
Feb 8, 2013, 8:38 AM
I'm taking my GF out to lunch at a little restaurant that she loves. I've ordered her favorite flowers, and we've decided to watch the sun go down on the lake, behind some palm trees, while sipping wine with a light dinner.

The rest is x-rated...she says she has plans!

Trust me, it'll be good!

Plumhead2
Feb 8, 2013, 9:01 AM
I am taking my wife to a romantic B&B in Vermont. They have a big canopy bed, a fireplace in the bedroom, a two person jacuzzi in the bathroom. In the morning, hot rolls and coffee are left outside your door so that you don't have to get out of the room and get dressed to get breakfast. There is something about being in a romantic room like that, the snow gently falling with big flakes, that just brings out the lustful side of both of us. I will sneak in a helium Valentines balloon. And as we wake up in the morning, I will read her a Valentine's Day poem that I have written for her, one with feelings that come straight from the heart. The love and the passion are always there, it's just that they flame a bit higher on VD.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 8, 2013, 5:35 PM
oooh nice responses, Realist and Plumhead. Anyone else?

quiet1fornow
Feb 8, 2013, 8:07 PM
Well....I have already picked out a Pandora necklace, gray leather and three charms of love and devotion. I have a small box of Godiva chocolates that will be a brief treasure hunt through the discovery and clues from her four Valentine's Day cards.....I have her favorite meal of Key West Penne, Shrimp, Scallops, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes, to prepare for us after an appetizer of our favorite Rhiesling and some " Dirty Oysters." We will then relax and enjoy the music and candles...I have some new Almond Massage Oil in case...and a new "toy" now the real trick is....

...we both have to work and not having to get stuck with OT. All but that minor detail I have under control!

elian
Feb 8, 2013, 9:56 PM
Sit here alone, wishing that I could be loved and adored by a soulmate? For a few years I went to a "freedom to marry" rally but to be honest, there is more support for freedom to marry now than in the past so I might not do that again.

I am happy for those of you who have found love, it sounds smashing. I will also probably remember one special guy (long distance) who I DO still love very much ..

void()
Feb 9, 2013, 1:37 AM
Sit here alone, wishing that I could be loved and adored by a soulmate? For a few years I went to a "freedom to marry" rally but to be honest, there is more support for freedom to marry now than in the past so I might not do that again.

I am happy for those of you who have found love, it sounds smashing. I will also probably remember one special guy (long distance) who I DO still love very much ..

Wish I could be there for some knucklehead who goes on and on about some other guy he loves over a long geographic distance, and be there in the flesh, not merely spirit. I may also give my wife a hug, smooch. Not able to afford much aside from loving both of these. They both tell me that equates to an arduous occupation. I chuckle, shake my head at them both. Loving them is no chore, or task, job, career. It is simply a natural thing for me to do.

Hopefully, that knucklehead guy still remembers that if asked, my reply would be "I do" for him as well. Someday, I'd love for us to have our place. May be interesting to keep me on my toes as to who gets which nights. *grin* I don't think it'd be a choice I could make. You two would need to flip a coin or something and just agree to that. Love you both equally, the same, yet differently in your own individual ways. You are each fascinating and gorgeous people that inspire me to pause, watch you sleep.

I ought to leave off this for the nounce. Shall begin hacking out phrases of metered ballad if continue on, I do.

ExSailor
Feb 9, 2013, 3:55 PM
We are going to fuck like rabbits!

DuckiesDarling
Feb 10, 2013, 11:54 AM
Hugs Elian and Void.

ExSailor?? That's always the plan for a lot, anything special about that day for you all? Or is just the rabbit style special for Valentines or maybe the use of a rabbit... oops getting norty thoughts better shut up :rolleyes:

12voltman59
Feb 10, 2013, 10:48 PM
Nothing at all that is either romantic or sexual with anyone---on that day---I have a crew coming to help me pack some things that are very fragile and valuable, then pack up the U-Haul truck I am renting with stuff here at my condo at at two different storage lockers---amazing the amount of stuff that we accumulate in our lives that we need to keep the excess in things like rental stoorage lockers---one of the storage locker contains things I had in my working art studio that I closed out last year---a lot of that stuff is going straight away to the Goodwill store and some of it--I will set up in some space I have in my garage---and I hope that if all is well come bright and early Friday----I am pushing off with the truck--heading down the interstate, Florida bound.

So this year--I have not even thought about Valentine's Day----but then again---there is another day this week that for me has been an important day for me--Mardi Gras---and since I am busy with this move--I am not doing anything to celebrate it!! The only fun sort of thing not move related I am doing this week---on Wednesday night ---I am going to meet my sis and hubby for dinner early at a fave restaurant--probably ordering my favorite dish there since it will be a few months till I get back there again--and after that---going to see Chris Knight--a very good singer/song writer do a show at the Taft Theater in Cincinnati.

runwildtonight
Feb 12, 2013, 1:36 AM
At the moment I'm single but married to my job. I do love my job, although a special someone would be nice. V-day is also the day I get promoted so it will be a great day nonetheless. I'll probably finish my night by going to yoga, with the group energy I'll be copacetic.

12voltman59
Feb 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
For those of you who do have "that special someone"--I hope that you'all have a nice dinner at some nice restaurant with a romantic setting and you set up things at home in such a way too that is nice and romantic too--or of course--for the meal---if you are capable of doing so yourself---fix a special meal for the both of you and just make things look all pretty at home--light a bunch of candles that smell nice, have some warmed massage oil ready to do that for your sweetie--and he or she can or will hopefully return the favor to you as well.

Buy some gift for them---something nice---it doesn't have to be all that extravagant or expensive thing---just something that might be of value to your sweetie, that shows that you were thinking of them.

I was in a fraternity in college, that its flower was a white rose----and with the ladies I have been with over the years---I always would buy them just a few of those---it kind of surprises them when I would give them white roses (say a half dozen) over a dozen red ones and with that difference---and its special meaning to me--that always got a nice response :) if you get my drift--because it was a thoughtful and meaningful touch. If I bought them a ring, or some other piece of jewelery--instead of diamonds--I might get them a piece with their birthstone--I have to say---I kind of am against diamonds since the industry puts so much hype around buying them and other issues I have with diamonds--I tend to resist such things, so I basically refuse to buy a diamond!! I just have to be different, I guess.

Well--everyone have a great Valentine's Day, even if you don't have a special someone in your life at present.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 13, 2013, 8:50 AM
Since it's VDay down under I'm gonna be spending some having some very sexy conversation with my babe. He's got his card and I have my chocolates and his wonderful proposal. Yes, he broke down and actually asked... so endearingly, too.

elian
Feb 13, 2013, 4:53 PM
Since it's VDay down under I'm gonna be spending some having some very sexy conversation with my babe. He's got his card and I have my chocolates and his wonderful proposal. Yes, he broke down and actually asked... so endearingly, too.

Congrat-ulations?

dafydd
Feb 14, 2013, 3:33 AM
Gear's gonna go all romantic and give me a chocolate rosebud, ain't ya Mr. G?

Gearbox
Feb 14, 2013, 5:04 PM
Gear's gonna go all romantic and give me a chocolate rosebud, ain't ya Mr. G?
I'd get your chocolate rosebud all romantasised any night of the year, yo gorjus bugger.:bowdown: