PDA

View Full Version : Is It Really A "Small World"

billy_campbell
Jun 29, 2006, 6:11 PM
I was just wondering if anyone on the site has ever meet someone in here who they actually knew in real life?

tony455
Jun 29, 2006, 6:27 PM
i have not found people here that i know but i have found people i know on other sites,women and men both.i do believe its a small world.I have found the daughter of a friend a mine,i have found many people who know mutual friends.

Itsjustme14
Jun 29, 2006, 6:40 PM
Actually, yes and no, I was talking with someone one night who turned out to be from the same area I was from. We knew a lot of the same people and traveled in the same circles about the same time, but for the life of us can't remember meeting each other. We even fessed up our real names, and they rang all kinds of bells, but we still can't place each other's faces or where it is we met.

arana
Jun 29, 2006, 7:04 PM
I've never met anyone here but I did belong to a Yahoo group once where someone out of the blue said, "I think I know you" and darned if she wasnt the person that trained me at my last job and had moved to Washington.

wildangel
Jun 29, 2006, 7:06 PM
I've never met anyone from a site that I already knew in real life, but I have had a 'ten degrees of separation' thing happen to me: My previous girlfriend [that I met online] slept with an ex of mine [that we both met online] within days/weeks of us breaking up.

JrzGuy3
Jun 29, 2006, 9:00 PM
I'm sleeping with SciFiBiJen.

And dating. :bigrin:

Love you!

ScifiBiJen
Jun 29, 2006, 9:32 PM
I love you too! :smirlove2

Though, we did kinda sign up about the same time, so I'm not sure if that's what they were going for.

I know there are several people from my area in New Jersey, though no one I already knew personally (that I've found out about yet, anyway).
And while she's 1/4 of the way around the world, KatieBi strikes me as a kindred spirit and maybe someone I would know if we were closer.
(I'm not stalking you, promise... I've just liked what comments I've seen from you.)

Nara_lovely
Jun 29, 2006, 11:19 PM
I have had the chance to meet someone I met in here (and love her!!!), and have sent messages to a few from my same town. Although I don't know them in real life, it's likely we'll cross paths and be able to say hello, especially since I have my pic on the profile.
Recently, a few other Bi's I know have registered online here. So it's becoming a familiar place.

Will say, the online friends I've made here are absolutely wonderful people!

Driver 8
Jun 30, 2006, 7:40 AM
I've met people on other forums and realized eventually that we knew each other in real life. I've also run into people here who I've met electronically elsewhere.

biandu
Jun 30, 2006, 9:03 AM
mmmm ... i've not stumbled upon anyone I knew in real life at any site.

but then again..
I am not sure, as i just rec'd a private message
from a woman in my local area
but of course the profile pic.. is of her pussy......so, hell,

i could be seeing that person everyday and not knowing it
unless she went bottomless all the time.. and in that case... i'd want to know her instantly.......lol

TMI.. i hate when i do that.......fuck it.........lol

jedinudist
Jun 30, 2006, 1:48 PM
It hasn't happened here... yet. But it has happened.

Buck Naked
Jun 30, 2006, 5:33 PM
I was just thinking that I have not recognized anyone as an aquaintance or friend since first signing on one year ago today, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!!