PDA

View Full Version : LOL another controversy but.. kinda agree a bit

DuckiesDarling
Jan 23, 2013, 3:28 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/beauty/hair/8208460/Should-haircuts-cost-women-more

Seems it's happening worldwide now, and some people are complaining mightily. So how much would spend on a haircut?

For me I'd say $50 tops unless I was getting it colored as well as cut and styled.

Realist
Jan 23, 2013, 8:22 AM
FIFTY DOLLARS!!!

I've bought cars for less than that!

I know............. I'm reminded daily that it's no longer 1957!

Too bad.

gen11
Jan 23, 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't get my cut any more. I just get it inventoried.

12voltman59
Jan 23, 2013, 11:27 AM
I am glad that I am a guy--the going rate whether you go to one of those chain stylist places like a Great Clips, Fantastic Sam's or whether you go to an old school true barber shop tends to run from $13 to $15--sometimes more, sometimes less of course. I surely would not care to spend $50 to get my hair cut--which is what I tend to do these days as opposed to having it "styled" as I long did. I love to go to a true barber and when they are done cutting my hair--they use warm shaving cream and a straight razor to shave the neck area, that feels so good!!

DuckiesDarling
Jan 23, 2013, 12:39 PM
Voltie, I hate to break it to you but the local Fantastic Sam's has taken to charging for everything so it's easily close to 30 or 40 when it used to be 14.95. We do have an old fashioned barber in town and he still does the cuts for $5.00.

Realist
Jan 23, 2013, 1:48 PM
Last year, I began cutting my own hair. Instead of spending money on a hair cut, I buy a Florida lottery ticket each week. I've hit it just enough to keep even, but you never know............

_Joe_
Jan 23, 2013, 3:18 PM
I went in for a shave and a haircut. #2, got a buzz and leveled off, and I was out in half the time of the guy next to me. I pointed this out, and they agreed to give me a 25% discount.

That's all I got to add.

elian
Jan 23, 2013, 7:11 PM
Well, women pay more for everything else .. I once went to a retail outlet with my mom that promised 50% off most clothes. She picked up a pair of sweat pants from the women's section and said, "What do you think about these?" I looked at the price tag and said, "Well, you can get the same thing in the men's section over there for about $20 less.."

acscomps
Jan 23, 2013, 7:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqx4UXlwl4 Please tell us you didn't buy a twenty year old Flowbee from Ebay? LOL
I have a Flowbee, it's great!

12voltman59
Jan 23, 2013, 8:59 PM
Voltie, I hate to break it to you but the local Fantastic Sam's has taken to charging for everything so it's easily close to 30 or 40 when it used to be 14.95. We do have an old fashioned barber in town and he still does the cuts for $5.00.

Dang--I sure won't be going to that Fantastic Sam's or any of them if they are doing that!!