PDA

View Full Version : Sighs...

DuckiesDarling
Jan 20, 2013, 6:30 AM
Sometimes I hate living where I do, there are a lot of elderly and people with severe medical issues. In the past week or so three went to hospital in ambulance, the latest left out just a few minutes ago. It was my next door neighbor. We have alarms in each apartment that when you pull a cord it sounds a really loud alarm and a light blinks outside apartment, he pulled the cord and had people there within seconds. I hope he will be okay but not sure he will, he has been having treatment at the VA for an aneurysm on his aorta and because of red tape has missed his last two doctor appointments.

Even as sad as it was watching them load him on a stretcher, I was still astounded by how many people rolled out of bed at that alarm (me I was awake cause I usually am talking to my sexy babe) but most were not ready to get up yet. Just on 6:30 am on a Sunday morning here and many patted his arm and said they would pray for him at church.

Small towns just seem to have that closeness you don't get in larger metropolis.

Realist
Jan 20, 2013, 8:34 AM
It's sad to see a person come to the end of their lives, or suffer. There's all kinds of ailments and pain to deal with. But he may be better off, in the place where you live.

It appears that there's those who care and give each other comfort, there. That can't be a bad thing.

I hope, no matter what happens to him, he's not in pain, or afraid.

elian
Jan 20, 2013, 10:14 AM
I have noticed a lot of folks "leaving" within the past year, you must still remember that there IS goodness in the world - good is just a lot quieter, a lot less flash than evil. Your description of all of the residents trying to comfort the man gave me hope. It is good to have a community where people care about each other.

gladius
Jan 20, 2013, 8:31 PM
DD, I live in the middle of shitland, USA 2 miles outside of Manhattan, in the most congested area of the U.S. New Jersey. Don't think, that just because......it's any better. I would tend think that you posted this, is that you care. Huge city, or subuarban, your heart is bigger than the area you live in, and that's exactly where we as Americans need to get back to.

DuckiesDarling
Jan 21, 2013, 1:57 AM
i heard they are trying to stabalize him for surgery, we'll just have to see. Everyone in the building is worried. Thanks guys for the kind words and yes, it does restore a bit faith at times.

DuckiesDarling
Jan 23, 2013, 3:19 AM
he was stablilized and moved to a louisville hospital to try for surgery. Thanks the for the kind words.