PDA

View Full Version : Walking the Path....

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 18, 2013, 5:19 PM
My youngest Son, 38, walked the path this morning about 130 a.m. His body was so weak that he couldnt fight any longer. Thank you so much to all of you who wrote giving me encouragement and love through out this all of this. Its deeply appreciated..
Cat/Mama

DuckiesDarling
Jan 18, 2013, 5:21 PM
Omg Cat, I am so sorry hon, major hugs and heartfelt condolences.

mainehunter
Jan 18, 2013, 5:25 PM
Some things just don't seem right. But then we are looking at it from our side and not what is ahead of us. I am sorry for you.

acscomps
Jan 18, 2013, 5:32 PM
Bless your heart. Know that we're thinking good thoughts and prayers for you.

Realist
Jan 18, 2013, 6:24 PM
So sorry for your loss, sweet lady. I hope he's in a happier place.

badbear
Jan 18, 2013, 6:49 PM
Cat all though your path has become a bit harder. His has become much easer. A drumb beet to ease your pain.

welickit
Jan 18, 2013, 6:59 PM
If ever there was a post on this site that deserves the support and blessings of all members, this is the one. We feel for you and will pray for him. Words can't change life events but possibly they can offer comfort and understanding. Our prayers and thoughts go out to you both.

Long Duck Dong
Jan 18, 2013, 7:41 PM
hugs cat....... thank you for being the voice that called out into the stormy night so we could all hear and answer the call..... he may be riding the plains with great spirit but he knows that his mama is in good hands and still needed by many.... and hes gonna be waiting for his mama when its your time to walk the path......

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 18, 2013, 8:14 PM
Thank you Darlings...
Cat

darkeyes
Jan 18, 2013, 8:19 PM
It must be an awful thing to lose a child so tragically Cat.. my love and sorrow head ur way across the ocean and I know that your own faith will help sustain u.

DiamondDog
Jan 18, 2013, 10:16 PM
I am sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and meditations.

bitrucker64
Jan 18, 2013, 10:29 PM
sorry to hear of your horrible loss.

Annika L
Jan 18, 2013, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry, Kit Cat. I cannot imagine such a tragic loss...only share your pain in the way I imagine it to be. My thoughts are with you. But Blessed be the fact that his pain is ended. *many hugs*

curious married m
Jan 18, 2013, 10:52 PM
Cat,
Big HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZ for a lame effort at comfort for you in such a difficult time. You have always been and always will have support from those of us who have been with you on this site and have felt that special bond we get from this site.

CMM:(:angel:

Kentbi
Jan 18, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss...I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

DrBimind
Jan 18, 2013, 11:35 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss....may the Great Spirit comfort your heart as only He can....may your son be in heaven an hour before the devil knows he's gone...Bless you and your family with strength and comfort....

Gearbox
Jan 19, 2013, 12:54 AM
Very sorry to read that, and I wish you all the strength, love and comfort you all need there and more.

pepperjack
Jan 19, 2013, 1:26 AM
I can relate! Lost my younger brother at the vibrant age of 39; he lingered on his deathbed for 10 days then passed on his only child's 6th birthday. Incredibly hard for me to deal with! Like you,I had held fast to hope because he was tough and had miraculously survived a devastating freak accident earlier in his life. After his passing, I experienced powerful spiritual phenomena; I KNOW there IS a beyond; and I know you are spiritual like me & will leave it at that!

gladius
Jan 19, 2013, 2:18 AM
Not sure of what "walking the path" even means.

Long Duck Dong
Jan 19, 2013, 2:32 AM
it means that cats youngest son died

Paul B.
Jan 19, 2013, 7:42 AM
Cat, so sorry to hear about this. It's been sometime since I've been on the site.
I have always so appreciated your support of this community & particularly
your female perspective on our issues. I wish you weren't on the other side of
the country. I'd give you a big hug!!

Yoyome100
Jan 19, 2013, 7:55 AM
My condolences Cat.

csrakate
Jan 19, 2013, 9:51 AM
I am so very sorry to hear this, Cat. You will be in my thoughts and prayers .

redngoldpride
Jan 19, 2013, 10:07 AM
Cherokee Mountaincat many have walked the path and yours has now completed his journey our hearts are with you and you will be with him always as he is and remains part of you
GOD BLESS YOU

elian
Jan 19, 2013, 10:11 AM
Beautiful and wise Cat, I am very sorry. When I despair comfort comes in remembering that no matter what suffering we face in this world, our spirit, our commitment and our love live on. The memory of those things and their impact on our world are much greater than the boundaries the physical world could ever contain.

Thinking of you with love
-hugs-

elian
Jan 19, 2013, 10:16 AM
A friend JUST sent a message to my inbox that I thought maybe I should share, I hope it is meaningful to you..

I am beautiful, I am indeed beautiful:
I am the spirit of the earth itself.

The earth's strength is my strength.

The earth's thoughts are my thoughts.

All that the earth is, all that is everywhere I am.

I am beautiful, I am indeed beautiful.

~Navaho Chant of the Changing Woman

What woman among us can truly celebrate her beauty? Once we lived in small communities, surrounded by people like ourselves. We felt the wind on our faces and the warmth of the sun; we fed ourselves with food harvested by our own labor. A woman in such a community was never just a visual object, to be observed and evaluated from a distance. She was known for her hard work or her easy laughter, for her kind words or her exuberant dancing. When those in her community looked at her, they did not see a still life but a moving picture.

Today we are surrounded by still pictures of women, models who pose on every corner, every passing bus, every magazine cover. We know nothing of these women. We do not know which of them lost their brothers to early deaths, or which were hurt by cruel parents. We do not know which one loves the flashing rainbow or the thunder. We see them only as visual compositions; we cannot see their hearts.

This is the vision of beauty we are offered now. Yet the wise ones of the desert knew that woman's beauty is as various as the seasons, as changeful as the skies, as complex as a snake's brilliant markings. Let us rejoice, as they did, in the variety and depth of every woman.

By Patricia Monaghan

Pahunter1972
Jan 19, 2013, 11:59 AM
Sorry for your loss

amorous945
Jan 19, 2013, 12:05 PM
May you be enveloped with much peace and comfort, now and always.

Coastocoast
Jan 19, 2013, 1:43 PM
So sorry Cat. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

i_shoot_blanks
Jan 19, 2013, 2:00 PM
Miss Kitty, I'm so terribly sorry.

Sonicmonsoon
Jan 19, 2013, 2:07 PM
Sorry to hear.

csreef
Jan 19, 2013, 2:39 PM
Cat - I'm so sorry for your loss...Hugs, A.

chook
Jan 19, 2013, 4:47 PM
Cat, may Aussie and I offer our deepest condolances, our prayers and thoughts will be with you.

Chook & Aussie

silberwolf1960
Jan 19, 2013, 9:23 PM
Accept my condolences Cat. He's left all his pain and sorrow's behind him now.
He sits in the great hall of his kinsmen and walks the meadows green, till once again you walk with your hand in his.

Beefeater
Jan 19, 2013, 10:15 PM
Dear Cat,

Please accept my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your dear beloved son. I pray that you find comfort and peace in knowing that he is at rest.

gen11
Jan 19, 2013, 11:01 PM
My only son was killed Christmas night 1993. Cat, I know what you're going through, or very close. Although we don't even "know" each other here, my heart goes out to you, and you will be in my thoughts.

tenni
Jan 20, 2013, 12:26 AM
I am so sorry that such sadness has come to you Cat.

Missouri Redbeard
Jan 20, 2013, 10:33 AM
So sorry, a parent shouldn't have to lose a child ....

gladius
Jan 20, 2013, 3:22 PM
I can say, that I do not have an emotion, Cat. To do so, would extract a reality out me, as a parent, that I do not want to go to. As a parent, you have my full, and whole hearted sympathies. The Lord bless him, The Lord keep him.

coyotedude
Jan 20, 2013, 9:12 PM
Oh, no! I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

bityme
Jan 21, 2013, 3:20 AM
Cat,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing anyone can say will change the grief we experience with the loss of a child. I have personally found some comfort from a poem written by Mary Frye, I hope it will help you through this challenging time.

Pappy

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there;
I did not die.

void()
Jan 21, 2013, 9:30 AM
*HUGS*

lightningrod53
Jan 21, 2013, 9:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you...

MyTimeNow
Jan 21, 2013, 11:01 AM
My condolences to your and your family in this time of loss.

Brian
Jan 21, 2013, 11:06 AM
I'm so sorry to find this thread only now, after several days. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

- Drew :paw:

by~his~side
Jan 21, 2013, 1:37 PM
Cat, his soul is with the Lord and his memories are in your heart.
I'm sorry for your loss.

XO
~D~

Bisexual Explorer
Jan 21, 2013, 2:31 PM
Cat,
Losing a child is the most devastating loss any of us can experience. My sincere condolences for your tragedy. Give yourself time to mourn and heal. Remember, your son will live in your memory and your heart.
Bisexual Explorer

biblkman
Jan 21, 2013, 4:08 PM
Cat...I'm soo sorry for the loss of your son, I lost my daughter when she was 4, losing a child is an unimaginable pain.

My heart and deepest sympathies go out to you and your family

maggie1974
Jan 22, 2013, 3:26 AM
So sorry to read about your loss, Mx

dickhand
Jan 22, 2013, 6:48 AM
My deepest sympathies !

Indyguy
Jan 22, 2013, 2:31 PM
Sorry for your loss Cat, like you have done for so many here, I am sure he felt your support and love.

jamieknyc
Jan 22, 2013, 2:45 PM
Sorry to hear this tragic news, Cat. May you and your family members be comforted for your loss.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 23, 2013, 3:57 AM
Thank you Darlings...
Your Cat

centillini
Jan 23, 2013, 10:24 AM
I am so sorry, for your loss