PDA

View Full Version : general courtesy, and non response.....

NjbiGuy01
Jan 16, 2013, 7:55 PM
So, I'm going to LA on business. I write a bunch of people here in that area...a few men, a few couples, mention my sitatuion, and trying to maybe meet for drinks or dinner and play if we all feel right about it....NO responses. Not one or two (of the ten e-mails sent) nothing !!! WTF people, really ? I know the web generally stinks, but seriously....same age ranges, same likes and dislikes, bi, etc...and nothing...how sad is that..?

Any bi men or couples in the Anaheim LA area interested in a nice guy just looking for fun on the left coast, drop me a note.

Coastocoast
Jan 16, 2013, 9:12 PM
If you are in Anaheim next week the NAMM (Music Merchant Trade Show) show is happening and you should have a lot of opportunities.

gladius
Jan 16, 2013, 10:07 PM
What's sad, is that you posted this.

NjbiGuy01
Jan 17, 2013, 7:27 PM
What's sad, is that you posted this.

Sorry you feel that way. It's just stating a fact. It's maybe the internet in general, but to me, simply answering: thanks for writing, but we'll pass...seems so easy to do...non response is discourteous and a pandemic in todays culture...Yeah, saw the e-mail, been busy...really ?

R. R. Wayne
Jan 17, 2013, 9:02 PM
I agree with NjbiGuy01. Common courtesy is lacking in too much of our society.

jem_is_bi
Jan 17, 2013, 9:54 PM
I do not live in LA and am sorry no one answered your request.
But, I have to admit that I do not feel an obligation to reply to a request from someone I do not know.
Although, as often as not, I do provide a response.
However, sometimes I can get extremely busy with work or issues that are very important to me and just do not have time be polite and immediately respond to email or messages.

Also, I do not consider this a great site to arrange quick hook-ups or meetings with other members, even if it is just for drinks and conversation with little possibility of an option for more. There are other sites where the option for more is much more likely at center stage for the members and the drinks and conversation a fun prelude to mutual pleasure.
The culture of this site is much more reserved and introspective. Although there a few free spirits and very lovely people that spread the total joy of live, sexual and otherwise.

gladius
Jan 17, 2013, 11:49 PM
Sorry you feel that way. It's just stating a fact. It's maybe the internet in general, but to me, simply answering: thanks for writing, but we'll pass...seems so easy to do...non response is discourteous and a pandemic in todays culture...Yeah, saw the e-mail, been busy...really ?

Look at it this way. If you call my house, and it comes up; unknown name, unknown number, do I answer the phone? NO. With an internet connection, in 2013, so many of us, have just got the idea to not answer anymore.

gladius
Jan 18, 2013, 12:00 AM
I'm not done yet. NJbiguy, you and I know a certain couple, and that's nice. Here's the problem with your question, and your thinking on this. Where in the hetrosexual world, do you find a woman, that just because you love being with a woman, does she just automatically pop up, and then take her clothes off for you? NOWHERE, unless she's a prostitute. Only with bisexual men, have I ever seen such a proclivity to act, that just because you want to suck a dick, everyone who YOU think is like minded should bombard your email with acceptance. Try some personality for once; it's lacking.

NjbiGuy01
Jan 18, 2013, 8:57 AM
I'm not done yet. NJbiguy, you and I know a certain couple, and that's nice. Here's the problem with your question, and your thinking on this. Where in the hetrosexual world, do you find a woman, that just because you love being with a woman, does she just automatically pop up, and then take her clothes off for you? NOWHERE, unless she's a prostitute. Only with bisexual men, have I ever seen such a proclivity to act, that just because you want to suck a dick, everyone who YOU think is like minded should bombard your email with acceptance. Try some personality for once; it's lacking.

But again: We're all (for the most part) here to placate our desires and/or better understand who we are, and perhaps meet new friends. I have many friends here (you seem to have none, care to elaborate?). I simply thought it might be nice to put some feelers out to meet like minded adults while in CA. It could have been a car club, a wine tasting, or whatever. A simple "thanks, not interested" is all it takes. I should clarify, that like local contacts, I try to develop a friendship online, on chat or phone, and then meet to see where it takes us. Same thing here. I've reached out allowing time for everyone to feel comfort or not, and my expectations are for drinks or dinner, and we see what happens...not much else...

Nice that we have common friends (curious whom ?), and btw, not busting your chops here. Just trying to understand you better.

bi4asplay
Jan 18, 2013, 9:19 AM
If someone calls your hose and you do not want to answer is one thing gladius. You have joined this site so that makes it nothing like that call at home. On this site it would take you 1/2 min to say thanks but no thanks, if you are a nice person that is not too much effort. Too bad most people have forgotten the Golden Rule. I have received many messages from thos that in noway fit what I am looking for or what I stated in my ad. Not one time have I just blown them off, until they try again.Be the person that you would like to meet,no prob.

Jobelorocks
Jan 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
Ya, on swinging sites, that happens all the time. If people contact me, I always get back to them, even if it is to let them know we aren't interested. Some have gotten mad that we responded when we weren't interested to let them know saying that is rude. Can't please everyone.

NjbiGuy01
Jan 18, 2013, 4:51 PM
I have received many messages from thos that in noway fit what I am looking for or what I stated in my ad. Not one time have I just blown them off, until they try again.Be the person that you would like to meet,no prob.

That's another point: I made it my business to write to those who were the same age range, and sexual preferences as me....I would not bother a 20 year old straight couple, that would be silly.... :(

Brian
Jan 18, 2013, 5:02 PM
I took a quick look at your ad, and it looks good to me. And you have "Receive Private Messages" turned ON which helps because some people don't like to communicate by email until they get to know you.

I've never had much luck in the really big cities. I think the bigger the city the more picky people are - they are used to a huge selection and being able to get exactly what they want.

Anyway, I hope it is just a spot of bad luck and the dam breaks for you so to speak.

- Drew :paw:

Brian
Jan 18, 2013, 5:07 PM
Oh, one other thing I will mention... there is a little known feature of the site available to Fanclub Members... the "Travel Desk". It is under Control Panel > Personal Ad. It allows you to have your personal ad appear to people outside of your home area - in the areas you will be travelling to (up to 3 additional areas I think). You select the area(s) you will be traveling to and the date range you want your ad to appear and your ad automatically shows to people in that area (along with an addendum to your ad such as what hotel you may be staying at). Very handy for you travelers.

Fanclub is only 20 bucks for 3 months (about $6.50 per month).

- Drew :paw:

NjbiGuy01
Jan 20, 2013, 11:38 AM
If you are in Anaheim next week the NAMM (Music Merchant Trade Show) show is happening and you should have a lot of opportunities.

I'm actually going to attend that show. I'd rather not meet someone I know at the show in bed....woah, that might be weird and/or embarrasing.

onewhocares
Jan 20, 2013, 4:11 PM
Hi,I am Belle in Boston and I agree that there are people who come to this for a variety of reasons. We joined this site in 2005 and from that point till about two years ago (when the economy went downhill in my business) I often traveled for business. In the course of that time I had the privilege of getting to know people on this site and then meeting them in person-not necessarily for sex by any means but to put a face to the fantastic people I met here. When I would tell folks that I might be in their area, I was most often offered a welcome. But there were people who for one reason or another declined. Reciprocally I have often invited people who were traveling to the Boston/Providence/Cape Cod area I volunteered to show them around. I think that your experience might be a reflection of the lack of common courtesy that exists with increasing frequency. I do agree with Drew that a member who want to receive communications must make sure that their profile is one which other would feel comfortable contacting.Belle

Coastocoast
Dec 29, 2013, 2:39 PM
That time of the year again... NAMM show in Anaheim. I will be there will you?