PDA

View Full Version : help please

hecameout
Jan 16, 2013, 1:10 PM
I was going through the personal ads in my area when I saw a post titled 18 year old boy. With a very uncommon name in the title. I clicked on it and it said his name again and that he was really 14. It gave a description and hometown. Lo and behold, I know this child. I immediately called his father and asked him to check it out. It was him. And it was posted by a bully at school who is out to get him. This scares me. Kids are so mean. Is there anything else I should do??!!!

hecameout
Jan 16, 2013, 1:13 PM
Ok. I looked and the ad is still up. How do we get this off this site???!

cbb83
Jan 16, 2013, 2:04 PM
Contact the administration - account deletions on this site have to be done by them. There is a "Contact Us" button on the bottom left of the screen.

tenni
Jan 16, 2013, 2:04 PM
Contact Drew asap. You can find his profile under the Welcome thread. Let him know and see what he says.

Since he is not 18 age to be on this site, Drew should know this

biblkman
Jan 16, 2013, 2:17 PM
But...what if it was realy him who posted and he lied and said a bully was out to get him ?
It's hard to say witch it is, did it say what he was looking for ? Cause if it was realy him and he was looking for male on male sex than you may have outed him to his father, but some interveening had to take place ! Maybe you should have talked to the boy to see what was realy the deal and based on his reaction and you, the boy, and his father could have took action, or if it was realy him you could have gave him advice and maybe scarred him about looking for sex with an adult and threaten to tell his father for his safety.

And if you seen he was still at it ...than contact his father.

Just my opinion.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 16, 2013, 2:55 PM
Then why dont you let his Parents take care of it, its Their business. Drew Should be notified immediately as well.
Cat

gen11
Jan 16, 2013, 3:05 PM
No -- you did exactly what you should have done. The rest is up to the parents. Anything more from you would be interference and NYB . . .but my hat's off to you with a VERY deep sweep for doing what you did -- that took moxie.

gen11
Jan 16, 2013, 3:06 PM
P.S.: If it is THIS site, yes, by all means tell Drew !!

jamieknyc
Jan 16, 2013, 4:16 PM
Since he is a minor, it is probably also illegal

hecameout
Jan 19, 2013, 5:05 PM
His parents thanked me profusely.