PDA

View Full Version : Can homosexuals reproduce or not?

Daniel12
Jan 4, 2013, 7:08 AM
I know the answer! Sounds like a strange question but wait and see...:)
Courious to know about ur answers...:bigrin:

Long Duck Dong
Jan 4, 2013, 9:05 AM
honestly yes..... it only takes sperm and a egg, it doesn't require full sex either..... just ask any sperm and egg donors

Nadielosabe
Jan 4, 2013, 9:49 AM
I think that yeah, they can... provided they posses some method of artificial reproduction or that they adopt. However, I think that a country full of homosexuals is an utopia, just like a country full of heterosexuals (or maybe is it a dystopia?). Even in a nation full of gays and lesbians, you are bound to have a couple of straights appearing now and then, and that's not getting into the fact that there will be bisexuals in there who are able to reproduce without any artificial assistance.

By the way, what happens if any of the kids the homosexuals have through artificial insemination or surrogacy ends up as a straight or as a bisexual? Does he or she get deported? Does he attain a status of 'permanent immigrant', like the Palestinians in Israel or Blacks in South Africa during apartheid?

Annika L
Jan 4, 2013, 10:18 AM
A pair of strange questions.

Your poll I assumed to mean "There will always be homosexuals in this country"...because no, no country will every be "full with homosexuals," unless a bunch found their own, which is unlikely at best...but certainly no such place exists today.

But that question strikes me as strange...because as LDD says, it only takes one sperm and one egg to make a homosexual...and there are plenty of straight parents around to make them. Stick all LGBT people in the world (if you can somehow identify them) on an island and nuke it, and it'll only be about 14-16 years before you find yourself with a whole new crop!

Then the thread title question is just as strange. Of course homosexuals can reproduce! They might choose not to...but many do choose to...and again, as LDD points out, they needn't even have heterosexual sex to do it. Of course, they can't necessarily produce homosexuals...to my knowledge they're no more likely to do that than heterosexual couples. But they can certainly reproduce.

So strange pair of questions...and I always find it stranger still when a thread's title and the poll it holds both seem to be asking completely *different* questions. Can you please clarify what you're really getting at, and whether you see the two questions as related?

(Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure some/most of the "NOPE" answers in the poll are simply attempts to avoid a technicality...either "nope" a country "full" of homosexuals won't exist, because no country could ever be *full* of them...or "nope", there won't always be countries, or indeed a planet for them to be on...I nearly gave a "nope" answer for both those reasons, but decided to go with what I perceived as the intent. So depending on what you really want to know, I'm not sure the poll will give you much of an answer.)