PDA

View Full Version : I think I've been dating guys for too long... :P

Bi_Druid
Jan 3, 2013, 12:02 PM
OK, don't get me wrong, I love dating guys and I'm currently in several simultanious long-term romantic relationships with men, and I love them all dearly. This is probably a lot more tongue in cheek but I didn't know who else to talk to about this except you wonderful fellow Bi's and allies.

So anyway, let me (try to) explain.

I've always been a bit rubbish at flirting, especially with women, extra especially so with women I fancy. It's been something I've been working on for ever and a day, but this is only a somewhat related side note. Because when it comes to others flirting with me, regardless of gender, I'm normally quite good at spotting it.
At least, I used to think I was.
As of recently I'm actually having trouble telling the difference between someone flirting with me or that someone just being nice and friendly.
And this is where the thread title comes in, because the person in question is Female. She's also very attractive.
Trying not to give too much away for privacy sake, she work's at a cafe I often visit for my lunch breaks, and so I've become a familiar face with a familiar order. I've made a little 'game' of changing the order slightly each time, just to keep the staff on their toes, but past that I'm well known.
And all the staff are very friendly and welcoming. So maybe this particular one that I certainly have some possible interest in is just being professionally nice. But I can't tell. And it got me thinking that it has actually been a while since I last properly went on a date or even attempted to innitiate anything with someone of the opposite sex, for reasons good and bad and inbetween. So I'm left feeling a bit like a hopeless teenager again going "does she fancy me, I fancy her but does she fancy me???" I'd be a little embarressed if it didn't feel so good :P

So, help a poor bi guy out who's been neglecting his "straight-side" of late. How do I tell if/when a girl is interested in me or not?