PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Christmas Card, send it back?

welickit
Dec 24, 2012, 4:39 PM
Our afternoon mail was a single Christmas card. It was addressed to us by name at the proper address and zip code. It came from someone we never heard of who is 1500 miles away. The card had money in it with the message "wising you well" (exact spelling). I did live and work in the town it came from years ago but the name I do not know. Should I send it back? Send a thank you note? We never had this happen before. Kind of odd.

uhuhuncut
Dec 24, 2012, 5:41 PM
It would seem that the sender knows you. I would definitely send a thank you note.

DrBimind
Dec 24, 2012, 6:44 PM
I say someone had the Christmas spirit and wanted to share it with you....of course write back a simple thank you...

welickit
Dec 26, 2012, 1:23 PM
I contacted a friend up north and he was able to fill in the blanks for us. The lady is someone I did work for back in the 1980's. She was a bit.....unusual I guess I would say. We had intended to return it if we couldn't find out who sent it. Now that we know, we will send a thank you and the money will go to feeding others in need on new year day. Money is always short but somehow getting it this way seems out of place. Just when you think you have seen it all, someone throws you a curve ball.

gen11
Dec 26, 2012, 2:32 PM
Excellent decisions before and after you found out who sent it. Hat's off to you.