PDA

View Full Version : Uganda Bill on Kill the Gays

tenni
Nov 26, 2012, 1:16 PM
I came across this on one of my Facebook buds. I doubt they will distinguish between gay or bi.

Anyone have info on this?

"185,676 people support this campaign. Help us get to 250,000.URGENT: SIGN AND SHARE
A bill proposing that gay and lesbian Ugandans be executed is coming back to Uganda's Parliament - it could pass at any moment. Worse yet, rumours are suggesting that the bill has been changed in committee and we may not have a chance to see it before it is rushed through.
President Museveni once promised that he would not sign this bill into law. With pressure mounting on him to support the bill, only a massive global outcry - along with our friends in Uganda - will make him keep his promise.
Last year, we helped stop this bill in its tracks. We need to do it again."

There is a petition below if you are so inclined.

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/uganda-now

Gearbox
Nov 27, 2012, 6:05 AM
I don't know if that's true or not. I hope not!
What I do know to be true though, is that people will put any crap on Facebook that will get you to spread their banner or post around and make it ultra-famouse.:eek2:
They'll use ANY tactic no matter how obviously emotionaly blackmailing, pampering to rascism, falsely patriotic or just downright manipulating it is. The ONLY goal is to get you to spread it.
So I hope that is the case with that pertition.

darkeyes
Nov 27, 2012, 6:55 AM
I don't know if that's true or not. I hope not!
What I do know to be true though, is that people will put any crap on Facebook that will get you to spread their banner or post around and make it ultra-famouse.:eek2:
They'll use ANY tactic no matter how obviously emotionaly blackmailing, pampering to rascism, falsely patriotic or just downright manipulating it is. The ONLY goal is to get you to spread it.
So I hope that is the case with that pertition.

I signed the petition some time ago but won't hold me breath ... u really should read what happens in the world, Gear dear.. Uganda is not the only place in the world where people such as we are not tolerated...I understand the death penalty clause is dropped at least for now but it is hardly a piece of progressive tolerant legislation... as a campaign it should be ultra bloody famous.. I am no lover of Facebook, Twitter or the social media but they do have an audience... didn't the old Empire instill in the colonies some luffly compassionate attitudes?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/26/uganda-anti-homosexuality-bill