PDA

View Full Version : How much does this happen here?

gladius
Nov 13, 2012, 7:29 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/catfish-the-tv-series-male-model-teen-girl-video_n_2121086.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D233869

XxxpandedMind13
Nov 13, 2012, 7:43 PM
Thats sad but kinda funny at the sametime. You just never know about ppl sometimes

Hank63
Nov 13, 2012, 7:49 PM
I'm relatively new member here so I can't say for sure how much it happened here..because I haven't had any conversation with anyone except for online. but I do know the on other sites like BiCupid and Adult Friendfinder it happens quite a bit. I have made dates for several couples and individuals only to go and find out that their pictures and who they said they where is not the truth... but then again I've had the same experience on match.com and plenty of fish as well. I think as far is written descriptions sometimes people get caught up in posting as to who they want to be. But when they post fake pictures that's just plain fraud.. and there's no excuse for that...

gladius
Nov 13, 2012, 8:32 PM
If you haven't seen the documentary that this show is based on, try and find it. I watched it a few years ago and felt the need to hide my face for the woman when she got exposed. All in all, the idea of doing this is just down right creepy.

jem_is_bi
Nov 13, 2012, 9:21 PM
Before the invention of the internet, all we had were blind dates.
Most all were only one time dates because one or both knew there was no romantic chemistry happening.
But, occasionally a few of these dates were wonderful adventures.
I find on line meetings to be a lot like those blind dates except have to wait until you meet before you know if it is a wonderful adventure.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
I've never had it happen Here, but I did recently on FetLife. Had a young woman contact me saying that she was going to be transfering up to Wa. state to go to school, and since I was from the town where the school is, that she felt compelled to contact me. She was to be a student at the college where I worked and she wanted me to mentor and protect her since she was a virgin in more ways than one. She had supposedly been raised in an Amish family and was very new to the ways of the world. She had various pics on her profile showing her Humongous titties, and she said she was ashamed of her Amish-like life..She had several fantacies that she wanted fulfilled. In talking with her, things just didnt add up. A good friend of mine had seen her profile on my friend's list, and recognized her one pic in another site for huge tittied women. He told me the pic was about 7 years old. I checked out the site, found the pics that were supposed to be brand new ones of her. I did some digging and found out that naturally, the pics werent of her.

When I confronted her, she had a fit and quickly deleted her profile off of Fet, and disappered. People that had known her contacted me asking what had happened to her when she went poof off of their lists. Another person did some tracking and found out the ISP address, and discovered that the person was a convicted Phedophile living in VA.
Since then, if a person cant show me themselves via cam, I dont converse with them long. I dont like being played.
Cautious now Cat

void()
Nov 14, 2012, 8:33 AM
I've never had it happen Here, but I did recently on FetLife. Had a young woman contact me saying that she was going to be transfering up to Wa. state to go to school, and since I was from the town where the school is, that she felt compelled to contact me. She was to be a student at the college where I worked and she wanted me to mentor and protect her since she was a virgin in more ways than one. She had supposedly been raised in an Amish family and was very new to the ways of the world. She had various pics on her profile showing her Humongous titties, and she said she was ashamed of her Amish-like life..She had several fantacies that she wanted fulfilled. In talking with her, things just didnt add up. A good friend of mine had seen her profile on my friend's list, and recognized her one pic in another site for huge tittied women. He told me the pic was about 7 years old. I checked out the site, found the pics that were supposed to be brand new ones of her. I did some digging and found out that naturally, the pics werent of her.

When I confronted her, she had a fit and quickly deleted her profile off of Fet, and disappered. People that had known her contacted me asking what had happened to her when she went poof off of their lists. Another person did some tracking and found out the ISP address, and discovered that the person was a convicted Phedophile living in VA.
Since then, if a person cant show me themselves via cam, I dont converse with them long. I dont like being played.
Cautious now Cat

Well crap. Guess we'll need to stop talking. I can never figure out my master's web cam since he switched to Linux. Everyone knows that no one knows you're a dog online, unless like me you tell them. ;)