PDA

View Full Version : Giving of Thanks...

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 4, 2012, 5:58 PM
Stolen from another group. Many folks were doing a daily 'What I am thankful for" post. Here's mine, only I'm not going to do one daily.

I wasnt going to do the whole "I'm Thankful for" thing, but I am going to this once.

I am thankful to God and the Spirits for putting me here in this place to help the people that I am helping now. I am thankful for my Family; both Biological and extended. I am thankful for all of the hardships that brought me here, and that made me strong in my whole lifetime. And most importantly, I am Thankful to the Veterans in my life whom I worked with for so many years, and to those who gave up their lives so that I, and others, could live the freedoms to enjoy whatever Lifestyle that we enjoy. And I thank them for the rights and Freedoms that my Grandchildren and future generations will be able to enjoy, because The Vets fought for it for All of us.
Amen..:}
Yer Cat

pepperjack
Nov 4, 2012, 6:57 PM
Stolen from another group. Many folks were doing a daily 'What I am thankful for" post. Here's mine, only I'm not going to do one daily.

I wasnt going to do the whole "I'm Thankful for" thing, but I am going to this once.

I am thankful to God and the Spirits for putting me here in this place to help the people that I am helping now. I am thankful for my Family; both Biological and extended. I am thankful for all of the hardships that brought me here, and that made me strong in my whole lifetime. And most importantly, I am Thankful to the Veterans in my life whom I worked with for so many years, and to those who gave up their lives so that I, and others, could live the freedoms to enjoy whatever Lifestyle that we enjoy. And I thank them for the rights and Freedoms that my Grandchildren and future generations will be able to enjoy, because The Vets fought for it for All of us.
Amen..:}
Yer Cat

Because I'm part Cherokee, love Indian Summer which we're currently experiencing here & also love vets & Thanksgiving :http://www.defense.gov/specials/nativeamerican01/inner.html

gladius
Nov 4, 2012, 7:28 PM
Being that the Cherokee were from the SE US, you guys sure got around.

darkeyes
Nov 4, 2012, 8:16 PM
..and wy not? Some nice white guys made sure ther original home was taken from them and like ne dispossessed people their seed doth spread... not just dispossessed peeps do that... my people come from northern part of a small island in eastern Atlantic.. they got around an' all.... Cats and Peppers peeps as well as haff the population of the planet prob have reason to regret that cos they wer summa those white bully boys... and trust me.. ther plenty nice white bully boys left to go around in ur country and mine 2 name but 2 places... and plenty peeps left 2 bully...

gladius
Nov 4, 2012, 8:39 PM
Just stop!

tenni
Nov 4, 2012, 10:48 PM
I don't always remember this but I know it hangs over me as a possibility. I am thankful that I can walk. I know that I might lose it again but I haven't. Therefore, I am thankful that I can still walk.

darkeyes
Nov 5, 2012, 5:59 AM
I am thankful for the gift of life, good health and good fortune while I have it and in all who enjoy it, of the NHS which has ensured my survival, of family, old and new, of friendship, of being given love and able to love in return, of compassion and kindness, of the world around me and all the life it contains, liberty where it exists, peace where it is found and of so much more....

void()
Nov 5, 2012, 6:47 AM
Thankful for love and reason, ability to learn and adapt, family and loved ones.

pepperjack
Nov 5, 2012, 10:25 PM

Yup........by way of The Trail of Tears.:coolblue:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 7, 2012, 4:46 AM
What? You expected us ta stay in one place, er what?
And I realize the Hell is going to freeze over again, but I'm going to agree with Tenni on one thing: I too am thankful that I dont deal with authority well, and of people telling me I Cant do something. I'm thankful that I was too scared and too stubborn to listen to the Dr's when they told me I'd likely never walk properly again after breaking my back, and sustaining nerve damage to my entire right side. That I'd never be able to do what I wanted, and have the same quality of life that I had before the accident.

I just love standing up, looking someone in the eye and saying, "Fuck you, Jr. And dont ever tell me I cant do something if I put my mind to it"

Too old, too stubborn. Yep, that's me. (Shup Rich);) The reason I said this is cuz he's over there nodding real slow thinking "Ya'll have Noooo idea..." lol

Mean Ole Cat.