PDA

View Full Version : Silly countdown game

Pages : [1] 2 3

Annika L
Oct 16, 2012, 6:21 PM
I don't know if I want to commit to counting down from a trillion...but here's a silly game we can try.

Rules:
(1) A poster posts a starting number to count down from.
(2) Each successive post decreases the number by 1.
(3) You may not post twice in a row.
(4) When the count reaches 1, a poster may pick a new starting number and restart the countdown.

Winning and losing:
A countdown is successful if it actually reaches 1.
The winner is the poster who sets the highest starting number that results in a successful countdown.
The loser is the poster who starts from a number so high that the countdown never reaches 1.

To gauge the patience level of our forum, I'll begin modestly:

gladius
Oct 16, 2012, 6:49 PM
9 I guess the loser already is the guy with the other post of a trillion. lol

void()
Oct 16, 2012, 6:58 PM
8 Seems the other was no surprise, unfortunately.

i_shoot_blanks
Oct 16, 2012, 7:51 PM
7 ....
Have you ever ....
woops wrong game

Annika L
Oct 16, 2012, 8:48 PM
To throw a bone to those who think these forums should be about sex-only, we could include with our counts an optional article of clothing to lose...in chronological order of course.

6 (A cute hat)

void()
Oct 16, 2012, 9:37 PM
To throw a bone to those who think these forums should be about sex-only, we could include with our counts an optional article of clothing to lose...in chronological order of course.

6 (A cute hat)

"Curse you, Red Baron!"

mnTIMIDguy
Oct 16, 2012, 10:06 PM

6 (A cute hat)

5 That can't work...I'm already naked.

gladius
Oct 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
4.....my three dollar hair piece.

Annika L
Oct 16, 2012, 11:05 PM
"Curse you, Red Baron!"

5 That can't work...I'm already naked.

Optional, purely optional. *smile* (and perhaps more appropriate to a longer countdown)

void()
Oct 17, 2012, 8:47 AM
3 A sleeveless t-shirt, leaving socks, skivvies, a pair of cotton pt shorts. That's my normal 'at home' outfit, except in the warmer times I go without a shirt or socks. Normally only socks to put on shoes. Used to only wear blue jeans & t. Now, it's like pulling mule teeth to get me to wear dungarees. My clothes are comfy, not meant to impress, meant to be comfy. :)

liberlib
Oct 17, 2012, 1:25 PM
Getting ready to take a shower but still have shorts and underpants. Whoops make that just the underpants.

Annika L
Oct 18, 2012, 8:08 PM
Oh, for Pete's sake, y'all're gonna make me finish it? I've been trying to give someone else a chance to finish this off and start a new count...but if nobody else will do it, I'll just win and risk losing (at worst, I'll break even).

Since I started the successful countdown with the highest starting number, I am now winning.
Since I posted the final number in that count, I get to post a new starting number.

On the one hand, I'm tempted to be generous and start at 2, so someone else gets a chance to win. But it also seems sensible to me that starting numbers should be higher than the previous (there's nothing to be gained from a lower starting number). So I'll remain unambitious, and start the new count at:

12 (removes hairband from hair)

darkeyes
Oct 18, 2012, 8:13 PM
Oh, for Pete's sake, y'all're gonna make me finish it?
U kno wot its like Annika... sum guys just so selfish ya havta finish yasel..:eek2:;):tongue:

Jessicaknight
Oct 18, 2012, 11:47 PM

I could

Jessicaknight
Oct 18, 2012, 11:48 PM

care less

Jessicaknight
Oct 18, 2012, 11:49 PM

if you think

Jessicaknight
Oct 18, 2012, 11:50 PM

it is silly

Jessicaknight
Oct 18, 2012, 11:51 PM

you're still

Jessicaknight
Oct 18, 2012, 11:52 PM

doing it

Annika L
Oct 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hi Jessicaknight,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and your rebel flair...but the rule is not to post twice in a row. So I'm afraid your posts past 10 can't count, and I'm going to have to be the one to say:

Canticle
Oct 20, 2012, 9:12 AM

Gee, I don't pass by, too often.....but it's good to see that there is still plenty of good humour. Waves to Fran and Ben and Ian 'n' all. A blessed Autumn to all.

Katja
Oct 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
The number of dead little animals and birds I discovered in my back garden this afternoon thanks to Minge. A good morning's hunting but I wish he hadn't taken the robin.

Annika L
Oct 20, 2012, 9:55 PM
The Route I lived along when I was growing up...that runs from Massachusetts to California in a *very* winding path:

darkeyes
Oct 21, 2012, 5:34 PM
5.. time Fran has 2 b on road 2moz mornin':(..

Annika L
Oct 22, 2012, 8:02 PM
Number of seasons until I get back to my favorite:

void()
Oct 22, 2012, 8:31 PM
Number of different 33 & 1/3 I am ...

Annika L
Oct 22, 2012, 11:37 PM
Most recent age I estimate I wore a diaper:

(btw, I love this new format we seem to have adopted for listing the count!)

void()
Oct 23, 2012, 6:56 AM
Number of times ridden in a Porsche.

i_shoot_blanks
Oct 23, 2012, 8:53 AM
Lets start this time with the last part of that magical, marvelous, wonderful number sixty nine ......

Annika L
Aug 3, 2015, 1:58 AM
You silly blanker! You can only win with a count that starts from the highest place...that means this whole countdown is meaningless! *cries a little, tears hair in frustration*

Alright, dammit.

8 (rhymes with hate...which I don't)

elmwood7
Aug 3, 2015, 5:43 AM
7 Although I don't think it matters...

Lisa (va)
Aug 3, 2015, 10:01 AM
6, the number of rednecks watching the race yesterday at our house

Lisa

hugs n kisses

void()
Aug 3, 2015, 2:15 PM
5 dogs that were following me as a pack this morning.

Three of them enjoyed a nice dip in a watering hole in the creek. These three are a combo of Great Perrine/Airedale & Golden Labrador Retriever. I often sit down in the back yard and await the impending dog pile. My wife shakes her head and chuckles. I also get 'bushed by our two boy cats, and they nap attack. "Meow Woh" --> "Hey man, make a lap I need nap."

pepperjack
Aug 3, 2015, 2:20 PM
4 pole_shit's IQ

void()
Aug 3, 2015, 3:17 PM
4 pole_shit's IQ

3 -- What I felt my IQ drop to upon returning to the site and encountering yet still active trolling.

NB: Just noting, my IQ last tested around 130/132. I think I last heard MENSA accepts at 120. *shrugs* Whatever that's worth, prolly nada. *LOL*

Annika L
Aug 3, 2015, 4:45 PM
2 -- chances out of 10 that I assessed as the likelihood that anyone would continue this thread

void()
Aug 4, 2015, 12:56 AM
1 Witty reply about watching and wanting touch all these asses wandering by.

Not sure I read correctly, think I need to pick a number. If so,

20 dollars a week I save on not smoking cigarettes over this last year of quitting and now vaping instead.

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2015, 1:20 AM
3 -- What I felt my IQ drop to upon returning to the site and encountering yet still active trolling.

NB: Just noting, my IQ last tested around 130/132. I think I last heard MENSA accepts at 120. *shrugs* Whatever that's worth, prolly nada. *LOL*

Nope! You've got to be at least in the 160 range to be considered.

darkeyes
Aug 4, 2015, 5:19 AM
Zero... how much energy Fran has left after a days shopping, a triff nite out, a few plonks and cognacs and a few hours pash...:eek2:

void()
Aug 4, 2015, 7:35 AM

*shrugs* Oh well. Feel like Grouch Marxx on the issue anyhow, "I'd not belong to any club that would have me." :)

darkeyes
Aug 4, 2015, 7:43 AM
..oops... did wrong quote.. silly me... smack hands an' face! :yikes2:

Annika L
Aug 4, 2015, 10:22 AM
1 Witty reply about watching and wanting touch all these asses wandering by.

Not sure I read correctly, think I need to pick a number. If so,

20 dollars a week I save on not smoking cigarettes over this last year of quitting and now vaping instead.

Yes, Void...you got the rules of the game right! (Zero, Fran?...honestly! And I honestly thought peps was suggesting that we needed a count of at least 160 to have a chance of winner, LOL)

But back to business:

19 - one of the least satisfying prime numbers ever

darkeyes
Aug 4, 2015, 10:42 AM
Look, Annika.. have just gone through 3 ver hard days:eek2:... u don't expect me to get the rules of owt right do ya:confused:

Age I do not feel 2 day... 18... mayb tomoz.... :tongue:

charles-smythe
Aug 4, 2015, 10:56 AM
.................................................. .....................

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2015, 10:41 PM
16.........hitchhiking from California to Kansas; lot's of adventure along the way; plenty of summer fun left when I finally got home. :impleased

void()
Aug 4, 2015, 11:43 PM
15 ... an age where i had concluded all the factors in life led me accept "well yes son, you're going into the military."

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2015, 11:55 PM
14........raging hormones !

void()
Aug 5, 2015, 12:22 AM
13 twists in a noose to snap 7 vertebrae, unless the knot is turned to be in front of the one to be hung, then the noose becomes a garrote.

* knows this odd tidbit from researching Nurmberg trails and executions, oddly a Pop band named themselves Spandu Ballet in honor of the ballet those hung are said to have danced in Spandu, Germany the site of execution by hanging ... not sure why he thought of that here, now *

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 12:34 AM
12.....went to work with dad all day; 1st military dependent ID card on my B-day; saw military life up close & personal; made the commitment in my young heart to become a soldier.:)

open2joy
Aug 5, 2015, 12:47 AM
11, a lucky number and a birthday month. Small details will accumulate if you are paying attention.

void()
Aug 5, 2015, 12:58 AM
10 oddly Irish lads roaming through my mind at the moment all singing "La La La La ..." for no apparent reason.

* goes off to find Attention to make a deposit, tells pepper 4, when I learned my dad was a leatherneck ... figured I'd be too then ... 20 when I enlisted in Navy, 21 when discharged w/ general discharge ... mom's second husband who is now a retired Master Chief feels strongly it was a railroad, age 43 now ... not into that for a lot of reasons I find bearing merit ...*

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 1:18 AM
9......for JC Penny, who with his crafty business wiles created the sale price of .99 because women would unconsciously respond because of the 9 month birth cycle

void()
Aug 5, 2015, 8:39 AM
8 for the 8 spokes of the Buddhist wheel of life and eightfold path, 8 levels of Dante's Inferno I've read about now I had only had courage to read 7. Even if one does not follow one belief, that does not prohibit them from knowing it, respecting it, setting it aside. In all things consider and in considering, all things. *shrugs*

Annika L
Aug 5, 2015, 11:31 AM
7 - rhymes with heaven

rust687
Aug 5, 2015, 11:45 AM

L
u
k
y

S
e
e
n

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 11:49 AM
6.....the number of man

void()
Aug 5, 2015, 1:27 PM
5 The sacred number of Discordians, as it is writen, yet Discordians never believe what is written. All Hail Eris! Fetch Uncle Bob his pipe and toddle on. Yay!

Annika L
Aug 5, 2015, 6:09 PM
4 - the number of corners of the Earth *wink*

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 6:52 PM
3 Dog Night, a favorite group while a young rock musician.

darkeyes
Aug 5, 2015, 7:12 PM
2... number of cognacs Fran has had tonite..:impleased

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 8:27 PM
" 1 Is the Loneliest Number".......big hit by Three Dog Night. ;) I win, right?

Annika L
Aug 5, 2015, 9:04 PM
" 1 Is the Loneliest Number".......big hit by Three Dog Night. ;) I win, right?

Oh you silly man! You win for now. But you must start a countdown from a higher number.

Vis: 64 = 2^6

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 9:12 PM
Ok, off the top of my head & a notch higher :smilies15 26, a dynamic year for me !

darkeyes
Aug 5, 2015, 9:13 PM
Ok, off the top of my head & a notch higher :smilies15 26, a dynamic year for me !
25.. age me joined .com (and age i 1st met Annika in chat in bisexual.org...)

void()
Aug 5, 2015, 9:20 PM
24 The year after I hit puberty, being a late bloomer due to KS. Got treatment started at 23. Enjoyed puberty, normally a six to nine month process, in a week of agonizing pain. Grew one foot taller it seemed nearly overnight.

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 9:43 PM
23......years ago I met The Red Baron; played a significant part in my life for awhile

sysper
Aug 5, 2015, 10:03 PM
22-the 1st birthday that starts mattering less (21 is the drinking age in the us)

void()
Aug 5, 2015, 10:40 PM
21 A really interesting position being two on one.

* pecked the keyboard with erm, nose *

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 10:53 PM
20.....two sawbucks

sysper
Aug 5, 2015, 11:45 PM
19....n-n-n-nineteen
vietnam s-s-s-saigon

pepperjack
Aug 5, 2015, 11:58 PM
18.....hippie son of military dad registering with Uncle Sam.........VietNam looming in near future......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Y0ekr-3So

Annika L
Aug 6, 2015, 1:21 AM
18.....hippie son of military dad registering with Uncle Sam.........VietNam looming in near future......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Y0ekr-3So

Waitwhat? I said 64, damnit!!

*sigh* Oh well...peeps are havin' fun (and I'm buzzing from Fran remembering meeting me in bisexual.org):

17 - the age I graduated from high school

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 1:59 AM
16......living in Hawaii... among many adventures, witnessed Harold Sakata, professional wrestler aka known as Odd Job in James Bond classic, Goldfinger. Yes, having fun Annika!

void()
Aug 6, 2015, 6:47 AM
15 Steps in an old farm house, we rented for over a decade, and my
brother rode a plastic horse on wheels down. He was fine amazingly
enough, least until mom got the belt strap and give him a few licks. He
scared her something bad. "Boy, you ain't doing that again, you hear?"
*chuckles*

Of course we got whooped for jumping out of a hay loft, jumping off
chicken houses, running through a set of beehives. There were lots of
general hell raising things the three of us country boys did that mom
give us hell right back over. We think she knows only half of it, yet we
are kind of suspicious of the expression "mamas always know".

And understand our mom smacking our butts with a leather belt strap, was
not abuse. It was discipline metered out to boys who had no father
during the week, then less of one on the weekends.

She would seldom lay on us five swats and the average was three. People
have told me her making us fetch the belt was a form of psychological
torture. I disagree, it was still discipline. We just knew, "oh shit, we
fucked up", when she told us to get it.

Annika L
Aug 6, 2015, 10:42 AM
14 - days before the shit really starts to hit the fan at work

darkeyes
Aug 6, 2015, 11:06 AM
14 - days before the shit really starts to hit the fan at work
13... me birfday!:impleased Lotsa pressies n plonk..

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 2:56 PM
12 Angry Men; powerful courtroom drama.

Annika L
Aug 6, 2015, 4:50 PM
11 - The part of a 7-11 where they keep the Slurpees :rolleyes:

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 5:18 PM
A "perfect 10." sex appeal ;)

void()
Aug 6, 2015, 6:22 PM
9 pieces of sushi I had today at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

nycleisure
Aug 6, 2015, 6:33 PM
Are we still stripping... there goes the t shirt

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 6:47 PM
what happened to 8 ?

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 6:49 PM
9 pieces of sushi I had today at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Sounds good ! :oh: Have acquired a love for sushi. :tongue: Have always enjoyed Chinese food.:smilies15

darkeyes
Aug 6, 2015, 7:15 PM
Sounds good ! :oh: Have acquired a love for sushi. :tongue: Have always enjoyed Chinese food.:smilies15 Like Chinese food 2... but sushi is Japanese isn't it:confused:

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 7:21 PM
You might be right, Dark. Haven't experienced much of it but got addicted quickly. Also used to be addicted to kimchi which is Korean.

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 7:52 PM
All right! Here's 8...it's late. Damn, I feel like Dr. Seuss. :rolleyes:;)

sysper
Aug 6, 2015, 8:59 PM
6-kinda sounds like sex so it's my favorite number, next to 69 lol

void()
Aug 6, 2015, 9:08 PM
5 - The age learning to tend garden/s was forced on me by my stepfather. Him a long haul trucker, left me a five year old boy to pull all weeds out of the garden, especially the potato rows. He was enraged the next weekend to find I had pulled everything out of the garden. He had not taken time, concern to show me the difference of produce to weeds.

Like Chinese food 2... but sushi is Japanese isn't it:confused:

I think it is very universally Asian. May be something to look up. I enjoy it nonetheless yet am cautious regarding where partaking of it, need to know the cook/owners well. There are good reasons to be wary in eating sushi. Proper handling and preparation being one reason in particular.

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 9:56 PM
The 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse. Can't help it; watching the news all day........

void()
Aug 6, 2015, 10:28 PM
The 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse. Can't help it; watching the news all day........

* pops into existence in your home, grabs all television remotes and reprograms them to all flip randomly through all channels except the so called news media, leaves the remotes precisely back where he found them, pops out of your house *

pepperjack
Aug 6, 2015, 10:40 PM
Not the ostrich hiding its head in the sand type, Void.

void()
Aug 6, 2015, 10:53 PM
Not the ostrich hiding its head in the sand type, Void.

Maybe not but honestly, what can you do to alter what external forces cause to be?

No, not speaking of aliens here. We all face external forces. We have to curtail to other people, nature, physics, ideas. There comes a point when a person has to let go and understand what is beyond their control, is beyond their control.

You maybe can pray for a change. And no, not meaning that in a smart or disparaging manner. I am genuinely saying prayer may be all you have to attempt change. That may, or may not be enough depending on your perceptions of it. Hopefully, I am being civil enough here. I sincerely am hoping your prayers can help bring changes for the better.

The realist and pragmatist I am though reserves doubts. That aside better to light a candle in darkness than curse darkness.

void()
Aug 6, 2015, 11:02 PM
3 different ways to locate wild mink along riversides if I remember what my uncle taught.

pepperjack
Aug 7, 2015, 12:30 AM
Maybe not but honestly, what can you do to alter what external forces cause to be?

No, not speaking of aliens here. We all face external forces. We have to curtail to other people, nature, physics, ideas. There comes a point when a person has to let go and understand what is beyond their control, is beyond their control.

You maybe can pray for a change. And no, not meaning that in a smart or disparaging manner. I am genuinely saying prayer may be all you have to attempt change. That may, or may not be enough depending on your perceptions of it. Hopefully, I am being civil enough here. I sincerely am hoping your prayers can help bring changes for the better.

The realist and pragmatist I am though reserves doubts. That aside better to light a candle in darkness than curse darkness.

Strive against, wrong, evil, injustice, for starters? Every pebble in the pond makes its ripples.

My understanding of prayer is that it's the sincere yearning of the heart.

I'm also a realist which is why I'm glad I'm getting older. Granted, I've lived a hard life but I've been spared horrors & incredible heartache others have endured.

Interestingly, I used to have a poster hanging in my apartment with the exact reference to the candle. :);)

void()
Aug 7, 2015, 12:47 AM
Strive against, wrong, evil, injustice, for starters? Every pebble in the pond makes its ripples.
Interestingly, I used to have a poster hanging in my apartment with the exact reference to the candle. :);)

Agreed on striving against, even if at times you overlook waves. Understand too ripples make waves.

Ah, that must be it. I keep visiting you. Got lost when the poster came down off the wall. Now, I see how you are, let a bud get lost. *sighs* Not sure what to do about that.

Annika L
Aug 7, 2015, 2:17 PM
2 - cheaters who can't accept loss

You both know darned well what you're doing and that it's not in the spirit of the game.

pepperjack
Aug 7, 2015, 3:00 PM

You both know darned well what you're doing and that it's not in the spirit of the game.

Huh? Straying off topic a little is not cheating.

void()
Aug 7, 2015, 4:20 PM

Agreed and apologies.

1 unified nation in awe

hudson9
Aug 7, 2015, 4:40 PM
7. Mickey Mantle's uniform number. I remember seeing him play. OK, so I'm old... (!)

hudson9
Aug 7, 2015, 4:42 PM
Oh, nevermind! I wasn't at the end of the thread!! (Told you I was old...!)

void()
Aug 7, 2015, 5:05 PM
43 years on Earth for me, living, learning, loving and still more to go.

Annika L
Aug 7, 2015, 5:09 PM
Huh? Straying off topic a little is not cheating.

Straying off topic is part of the game. Not continuing the count when it would be at your strategic disadvantage to continue the count violates the spirit of the game. Each post must continue the count (and start a new one when 1 is reached).

42, obviously, is the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2015, 5:18 PM
Straying off topic is part of the game. Not continuing the count when it would be at your strategic disadvantage to continue the count violates the spirit of the game. Each post must continue the count (and start a new one when 1 is reached).

42, obviously, is the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Was it really? When in the end the ultimate question was 6×9 as I remember...:love87:

41.. or 6×9-13...;)

pepperjack
Aug 7, 2015, 5:18 PM

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. Old 41......one of the cabs I used to drive. Dependable old beast.

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2015, 5:23 PM
oi... get ur own no.... mine is 40 this time round!:tongue:

pepperjack
Aug 7, 2015, 5:41 PM
The 39 Steps, Alfred Hitchcock thriller I watched as a boy at the local drive-in theater, iconic feature of the American landscape fading into obscurity.

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2015, 5:58 PM
No 38 on Fran's list of fave films... Darling wiv Julie Christie ...who has no less than 9 films in me top 50 headed up by her Far From The Madding Crowd 1 of the few films I consider greater than the book and serpently miles better than the Carey Mulligan version... am I allowed 37 2 cos 1 is 37 places above 38..:impleased

Annika L
Aug 7, 2015, 8:01 PM
Was it really? When in the end the ultimate question was 6×9 as I remember...:love87:

41.. or 6×9-13...;)

Clearly there was a miscalculation somewhere. I put my trust in Deep Thought over a bunch of mystics any day.

37 - #eggs in 3 dozen, when the rooster pecks the foot of the counter and distracts him mid-count

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2015, 8:12 PM
Clearly there was a miscalculation somewhere. I put my trust in Deep Thought over a bunch of mystics any day.

37 - #eggs in 3 dozen, when the rooster pecks the foot of the counter and distracts him mid-count
*coff coff splutter coff splutter*.. Deep thro.... oooooooo silly me.... Deep Thought u sed... :tongue:;)

36.. age I am trying not to be in just over a month but am gonna lose methinks...:eek2:

pepperjack
Aug 7, 2015, 8:27 PM
Needless angst, Dark. A powerhouse, human dynamo I was at 35; in my physical prime, so are you. :smilies15

Annika L
Aug 7, 2015, 9:09 PM
34 bottles of beer on the wall; 34 bottles of beer...

pepperjack
Aug 7, 2015, 9:29 PM
I'd like to have 33 of these during this sweltering week-end. http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/drinks/how-sierra-nevada-made-the-worlds-best-oktoberfest-20150807 :smilies15

Annika L
Aug 7, 2015, 11:40 PM
32 = 2^5

sysper
Aug 8, 2015, 2:09 AM
31-days in february

pepperjack
Aug 8, 2015, 2:23 AM
My old mantra......"don't trust anyone over 30." Rebellious generation.

void()
Aug 8, 2015, 3:24 AM
29 strikes of hammer a spike nail took

darkeyes
Aug 8, 2015, 4:57 AM
31-days in february28...numbers of peeps at our last org.. oops soz... party..:eek2:

darkeyes
Aug 8, 2015, 5:00 AM
..and 27... age of a tree surgeon...:impleased

void()
Aug 8, 2015, 5:51 AM
26 letters in English alphabet

Annika L
Aug 8, 2015, 10:45 AM
..and 27... age of a tree surgeon...:impleased

*snerk* but

*calls foul on Fran...posters cannot decrease the count more than once before someone else does it (i.e., no twice in a row and can't countdown twice in one post).* We'll let it slide.

25 - my spiritual age

sysper
Aug 8, 2015, 11:33 AM
28...numbers of peeps at our last org.. oops soz... party..:eek2:
i didn't think anyone would catch that ;) & i guess i didn't get an invite because it wasn't a leapyear?

void()
Aug 8, 2015, 11:51 AM
24 inches between floor joists in the new dog hut we're building.

pepperjack
Aug 8, 2015, 12:19 PM
23...I'm thinking of Fran right now. She knows whereof I speak. ;):smilies15

void()
Aug 8, 2015, 12:34 PM
22 caliber of pest control in the country

sysper
Aug 8, 2015, 1:02 PM
21-blackjack i win! what do i get?

void()
Aug 8, 2015, 1:21 PM
20 different prizes coming to mind, some illegal still in most U.S. states

Annika L
Aug 8, 2015, 2:52 PM
19 - First two digits of my birth year

pepperjack
Aug 8, 2015, 7:49 PM
My brand was not on the list of the 18 best tequilas in the world. Nevertheless I enjoyed it and it kicked butt! :stoned:

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 6:11 AM
17 pieces of peppermint candy enjoyed.

darkeyes
Aug 9, 2015, 6:58 AM
16.. my 1st of age nookie... a gadge called Donnie, me m8s cousin..

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 10:13 AM
15 boards of rough cut oak lumber loaded onto a pickup this morn. Laundry in to wash as well, dogs fed and taken to creek for a bath. Cats fed and fussed over, all ears and necks checked for ticks.

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 12:24 PM
I need a six -letter word for a " woodshop device" on 14 across of my daily crossword What is it ,Void?

darkeyes
Aug 9, 2015, 12:34 PM
13... me last year as a virgin:) and me 1st wivout me dad's mum:(..

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 1:04 PM
12 months in our current yearly calendar.

pepper: miters was all I could fathom off hand.

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 6:54 PM
The 11th hour.

sysper
Aug 9, 2015, 7:17 PM
perfect 10

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 7:31 PM
A cat's 9 lives.

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 7:40 PM
8 by 8 squares on a chess or checker board

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 8:32 PM
7.......my Life Path Number according to numerology.

silvio
Aug 9, 2015, 9:08 PM
6 three times, the beast number?

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 9:16 PM
5 by 5 an old radio operator call to state everything was alright.

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 10:04 PM
4 sons in my family

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 10:19 PM
3 half brothers I have, that I'm aware of.

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 10:25 PM
if Noah had been truly wise........he would have killed those 2 flies. ;)

Lisa (va)
Aug 9, 2015, 10:26 PM
2 dogs we have

Lisa
hugs n kisses

Annika L
Aug 9, 2015, 11:19 PM
1 - wonderful attempt for a win!

Let's reset this bugger for...

65 - five bright shiny 13's in a row!

pepperjack
Aug 9, 2015, 11:45 PM
The 64 million dollar question

void()
Aug 9, 2015, 11:50 PM
63 milliliters of vaping juice left in a container, a little over two ounces by Imperial measure.

pepperjack
Aug 10, 2015, 12:00 AM
My last relationship with a woman was a very attractive, shapely 62 year old.

She used to wear designer jeans to work. She could easily be mistaken for a woman half her age, which is exactly what I did one day. I was scoping her booty from behind, walking down a hallway, not recognizing her then all of a sudden, I did !

During a playful exchange one night, I confessed the misunderstanding & discovered myself caught in the paradox of a quarrel with a woman. On one hand she was offended that I was checking out the booties of other women; on the other, she was flattered it was hers. :smilies15

void()
Aug 10, 2015, 1:11 AM
61, ten degrees less than our current temperature, w/ barometric pressure and humidity the 71 feels like 101 tonight.

pepperjack
Aug 10, 2015, 1:36 AM
60 mph max speed limit only in Hawaii; I can understand why

sysper
Aug 10, 2015, 8:51 AM
The 64 million dollar question
um, wouldn't the next number be 63,999,999? :rotate:

void()
Aug 10, 2015, 11:20 AM

"Aren't you the daisy."

We may need a rule check by the Officials. Barring that we may all be da da da doomed!
We shall ever more rot in the bog of eternal stench. How dare you cause us to poul fenalty?!

darkeyes
Aug 10, 2015, 11:34 AM
Nope... 63,999.999.99... :impleased

God.. worra smart arse I am...:tongue:

So... number of mins late at our hol accommodation? 59.. or there abouts... had nice long lunch at a Normandie Cidre farm.... luffly.:) 2 members of our party wer tiddly.. not moi however...moi is responsible.... :)

pepperjack
Aug 10, 2015, 12:21 PM
Yes, you are Dark, but such a wickedly clever & funny one. ;):smilies15

58 across on my crossword puzzle; "break suddenly;" I think it's snap.

Annika L
Aug 10, 2015, 1:28 PM
Officials? We have officials here? OH! You mean *me*, don't you? *cough, cough*

Well, the 63,999,999 was definitely wrong, as we started with 65. Yes, the count should have been appropriately decremented. BUT, I detect no attempt to ignore the rules for strategic advantage...just for being a smart-ass...and I'd have to be rather hypocritical to censure anyone just for *that*.

So by the 57 faerie guardians of the Spring of T'al Mejz, by all means let the games continue!

darkeyes
Aug 10, 2015, 1:42 PM
i didn't think anyone would catch that ;) & i guess i didn't get an invite because it wasn't a leapyear?
nope.. more cos u have the wrong bits...;)

56... Egypt... year me mum's soldier boy cousin first fired at another human being... and missed...

Annika L
Aug 10, 2015, 3:32 PM
55 - National speed limit during the 1970's "energy crisis"

void()
Aug 10, 2015, 3:58 PM
Officials? We have officials here? OH! You mean *me*, don't you? *cough, cough*

Well, the 63,999,999 was definitely wrong, as we started with 65. Yes, the count should have been appropriately decremented. BUT, I detect no attempt to ignore the rules for strategic advantage...just for being a smart-ass...and I'd have to be rather hypocritical to censure anyone just for *that*.

So by the 57 faerie guardians of the Spring of T'al Mejz, by all means let the games continue!

* hopes those Fay are in no way related to Pixies *

54 reminds me of Eleanore and the Raven, oddly making me :)

Annika L
Aug 10, 2015, 4:19 PM
53 - number of microseconds between reading your message and realizing that you were making a Poe reference, rather than a reference to another certain Raven to whom I've become somewhat attached.

void()
Aug 10, 2015, 4:38 PM
53 - number of microseconds between reading your message and realizing that you were making a Poe reference, rather than a reference to another certain Raven to whom I've become somewhat attached.

52 cards in the minor arcana all launched at random throughout the room "Wheeee!!!"

Annika L
Aug 10, 2015, 4:40 PM
52 cards in the minor arcana all launched at random throughout the room "Wheeee!!!"

51 - cards you can find when you go to pick them up *taps foot*

pepperjack
Aug 10, 2015, 4:54 PM
A 50 year golden anniversary

void()
Aug 10, 2015, 6:04 PM
49 cards gone missing *points at pepper* He eats them, I think.

darkeyes
Aug 10, 2015, 6:07 PM
49bce.. Julius wos naughty boy and took his legions across the Rubicon...

darkeyes
Aug 10, 2015, 6:11 PM
hmmm.. ok... since Voidie got in 1st..

48bce.. Julius wasnt naughty boy cos he didnt take his legions across the Rubicon cos he had already done so previous year......:impleased

pepperjack
Aug 10, 2015, 6:49 PM
47th state to join the Union, New Mexico

sysper
Aug 10, 2015, 11:46 PM
46 as in 11:46 the time right now

pepperjack
Aug 10, 2015, 11:59 PM
45 dollars; what I paid for my recently purchased used mower after some wheeling & dealing

darkeyes
Aug 11, 2015, 4:32 AM
44...No of bus Debs gets from Musselburgh 2 my house...but bein' posh... I drive 2 'ers...:impleased

http://lothianbuses.com/timetables-and-maps/route-maps

....but not 2day ya daft cow cos we not there...:tongue:

void()
Aug 11, 2015, 5:14 AM
43, my present age despite feeling 17 at times

Country Guy
Aug 11, 2015, 10:47 AM
42, the answer to the meaning of life and everything

Annika L
Aug 11, 2015, 11:33 AM
41 - The 5th Fort, first sub-barracks

pepperjack
Aug 11, 2015, 12:27 PM
The 40 Year Old Virgin

void()
Aug 11, 2015, 4:23 PM
39 windows in a building

pepperjack
Aug 11, 2015, 4:44 PM
.38 special

Annika L
Aug 11, 2015, 9:01 PM
37 - eggs in 3 dozen...oh, plus the one left over from the last dozen

pepperjack
Aug 11, 2015, 9:35 PM
Very clever, Annika. ;) 36......El Dorado..... poignant, inside joke with myself

void()
Aug 11, 2015, 10:30 PM
35 nails hammered through hard oak rough lumber and more to go

Annika L
Aug 12, 2015, 1:14 AM
34 - um...the second two natural numbers

darkeyes
Aug 12, 2015, 4:14 AM
33.. last 2 digits of a mobbie no belonging 2 a gel from some mythical town wiv black gold refinery in middle Kansas... :love87: Walter was looking in wrong place!:eek2:

void()
Aug 12, 2015, 8:56 AM
32 minutes or so go out and take care of my pack. seems our girl went AWOL yesterday. I saw her run behind the barn and somewhat expected her to appear round the other end. But No! Old man Murphy said, "watch this!" And poof she vanished! So now, the runt boy is budding up with alpha brother and moping around. Well off to ...

silvio
Aug 12, 2015, 10:13 AM
31 years old I was when my daughter was born

pepperjack
Aug 12, 2015, 11:07 AM
Hoping to see at least 30 shooting stars during tonight's Perseid meteor shower.

Annika L
Aug 12, 2015, 11:17 AM
29 - Age at which I started to say "*why* did I get this degree?"

void()
Aug 12, 2015, 1:06 PM
28 Days of Night made me chuckle, but not in a good way, as did it's sequel but more so. Both to me seemed dull attempts at recasting vampire horror flicks as frightening yet action packed good wholesome mass market nom noms. * gags, wretches, eats the nearest local fang ... gets mop to clean up *

pepperjack
Aug 12, 2015, 1:48 PM
A 27 year old cold case

darkeyes
Aug 12, 2015, 1:58 PM
A 26 yo hot stuff:impleased

pepperjack
Aug 12, 2015, 2:21 PM
" 25 miles from home, girl
My feet are hurtin' mighty bad
Now I've been walkin' for three days
And two lonely nights........" Edwin Starr classic hit

Annika L
Aug 12, 2015, 4:27 PM
24 = half my current age...and probably the age I act most of the time :P

void()
Aug 12, 2015, 5:26 PM
23 more nails hammered in the dog hug flooring, more yet to go. Prolly do more this evening. Been kind of busy today, in the heat. ran the weed eater for a bit, gathered junk up from our flood.

pepperjack
Aug 12, 2015, 6:02 PM
Local channel 22; usually displays a statewide map with the current weather info & forecast; has a news ticker running along the bottom of the screen with all of of the most noteworthy, current, statewide news; tranquil elevator music playing in the background.

Like to have it on in the morning with my coffee, newspaper & daily crossword puzzle. Pleasant, relaxing yet stimulating & informative way to start the day. :impleased

Annika L
Aug 12, 2015, 10:23 PM
21 - legal drinking age pretty much everywhere in the States

sysper
Aug 12, 2015, 10:52 PM
20-20 vision which i don't have anymore cause of something i have done too much :wacko:

pepperjack
Aug 12, 2015, 11:08 PM
19........age the angina attacks began :yikes2:

Annika L
Aug 12, 2015, 11:41 PM
18 - legal voting age in the States

darkeyes
Aug 13, 2015, 5:08 AM
18 - legal voting age in the States
17.. minimum age for driving a car or taking a driving test in the UK unless a person is disabled and in receipt of higher rate disability Living Allowance (or the replacement PIP benefit) in which case the age is 16

15 ..Fran got skint knees, elbows and bootie when she fell off her big cuzzins Triumph at bottom of an old bing and all the wazzock cared about was his beautiful bike... he never gave me a another chance.. miserable bugger..

void()
Aug 13, 2015, 7:08 AM
14 the number of times Fran's last post reminded me of League of Gentleman and Royston Vasey. "We're a local only shop!"

pepperjack
Aug 13, 2015, 7:15 AM
13.......what psychics and astrologers keep insisting is really my lucky number

darkeyes
Aug 13, 2015, 7:57 AM
13.......what psychics and astrologers keep insisting is really my lucky number
..is ur and the world's lucky number, Pep... after all, whose birfday falls on 13th of next month, hey?:impleased

..12...age of nasty wee prick called Willie Dawson who pushed me m8 and I in2 gels loos at school and tried 2 feel us up.... in walked Jannie wiv pail and mop and Willie wos ver lucky 2 get away wiv a suspension and not expulsion..

pepperjack
Aug 13, 2015, 8:28 AM
..is ur and the world's lucky number, Pep... after all, whose birfday falls on 13th of next month, hey?:impleased

..12...age of nasty wee prick called Willie Dawson who pushed me m8 and I in2 gels loos at school and tried 2 feel us up.... in walked Jannie wiv pail and mop and Willie wos ver lucky 2 get away wiv a suspension and not expulsion..

:smilies15 My first good chuckle of the day with my morning coffee, Dark. Can I count on 11 more today ?;) :bigrin:

Annika L
Aug 13, 2015, 10:49 AM
17.. minimum age for driving a car or taking a driving test in the UK unless a person is disabled and in receipt of higher rate disability Living Allowance (or the replacement PIP benefit) in which case the age is 16

15 ..Fran got skint knees, elbows and bootie when she fell off her big cuzzins Triumph at bottom of an old bing and all the wazzock cared about was his beautiful bike... he never gave me a another chance.. miserable bugger..

Mommy! Fwan is cheating!

Frances, we have had this discussion, have we not? You may not decrement twice in a row (let alone thrice *rolls eyes*).

I'll let it slide this once more, since we're still 10 away from the ground, and a number of posts have been made since...but...*coughsmirk* restrain yourself! (or yes, yes...I'll have to put you in restraints myself!! ..........bwahahahahahahahahahaha!)

darkeyes
Aug 13, 2015, 12:20 PM
Mommy! Fwan is cheating!

Frances, we have had this discussion, have we not? You may not decrement twice in a row (let alone thrice *rolls eyes*).

I'll let it slide this once more, since we're still 10 away from the ground, and a number of posts have been made since...but...*coughsmirk* restrain yourself! (or yes, yes...I'll have to put you in restraints myself!! ..........bwahahahahahahahahahaha!)
Spoilsport.. :eek2:. O well... her mistress's voice.... 9... number of bootgirls who r str8... sad tarts.. no of bootgirls who r bi?. or gay?... nope... doin' as Annika says... yas will just gave 2 wait..:impleased. U all kno how Fwan "loathes" bein' restrained.....:tongue:.

darkeyes
Aug 13, 2015, 12:30 PM
:smilies15 My first good chuckle of the day with my morning coffee, Dark. Can I count on 11 more today ?;) :bigrin:Nope soz... glad about the chuckle but have been bizzy and am getting 1st nite off the leash as Kate sits Kit... lickle nocturnal adventure me hopes, beginning around 8....:impleased.....

pepperjack
Aug 13, 2015, 12:54 PM
:smilies15 Well, at least I got a couple more out of your last two posts.;)

Just realized I've got 7 twice on the t-shirt I'm wearing advertising a pro surf competition in the south pacific.

void()
Aug 13, 2015, 1:41 PM
6 other things I wish I were doing aside from therapy today.

darkeyes
Aug 13, 2015, 1:51 PM
6 other things I wish I were doing aside from therapy today.
Weighed mesel this morning... down 2 5 lbs above the fighting weight I wos at this time last year.... excellent...:). (actually smidge ova 2 kilos but 5lb is close enuff):impleased

void()
Aug 13, 2015, 3:29 PM
4 weeks between therapy now it seems, bumped because therapist had a crisis with another patient. I'm weighing 108/9 kilograms or 17.14 stone, which is around 240 lbs. Plantain seed crushed and ingested helps weight come off, use care only half a teaspoon a day for three days, the weight will come off gradually after that. Suspect you could go every three months between doses.

pepperjack
Aug 13, 2015, 3:37 PM
The 3 young golden maple trees I planted in my front yard, growing beautifully. :impleased

Annika L
Aug 13, 2015, 5:41 PM
2 - posts Fran made in a row decrementing the count, despite resolving to be good. *sigh* What shall we do?

pepperjack
Aug 13, 2015, 6:18 PM
The 1 bullet deputy Barney Fife always carried in his pocket, on standby for any serious crime alert. :smilies15

The next round starts with the 101 Dalmatians, Disney classic.

darkeyes
Aug 13, 2015, 7:04 PM
Luffly wee adventure out... a tadge sozzed. Lucky Kate and babba r aziz.. luckily for moi Naggy will do the needful tonite bout feeds and mucky bottie...Sleep on porch tonite wer its cooler wiv nice breeze off the sea tho it is chuckin' it down out, but also last thing I wanna do is waken them up. Reckon we adventurers will feel about 100 in morning, but still... nite not done yet and still a bottle and a haff 2 do in between us b4 we crash....:eek2:

void()
Aug 13, 2015, 7:15 PM
99 casks of Amontillado in the old root cellar

pepperjack
Aug 13, 2015, 7:21 PM
98.....normal human body temp; ( hoping Annika will overlook & dismiss the .5 ;) )

void()
Aug 14, 2015, 1:21 AM
97 red balloons left from 99, after two burst from contacting high voltage power lines

darkeyes
Aug 14, 2015, 6:12 AM
God.. feel ghastly... tho not as bad as I expected last nite.. reckon I feel 'bout 96... only 5 2ltr bockles of Irn-bru left 'tween us so we betta watch it since we have 8 days left 2 eke out that wondrous life saving morning hangova cure..:eek2:

sysper
Aug 14, 2015, 8:48 AM
windows 95

void()
Aug 14, 2015, 10:23 AM
I could likely posit 94 different reasons to not use Microsoft, software but will digress happily using this GNU Linux software based computer. :)

pepperjack
Aug 14, 2015, 12:41 PM
Appeared to be 93 different types of Halloween candy already being peddled in the grocery store today

darkeyes
Aug 14, 2015, 2:06 PM
92 years after accusations of fathering a child outside his marriage, DNA tests show that Presidential denials of naughty goings on 'tween Warren Harding and Nan Britton were bollox.... tsk tsk. A politician telling fibs? Well, I never.... would u credit it?:tongue:

darkeyes
Aug 14, 2015, 2:07 PM
Me luffly Jambos picked up 91 pts while winning the Scottish Championship and promotion to the Scottish Premiership by a proverbial mile... frantabulous...

Annika, darlin'? Restraints please.... *hold out arms*:impleased

void()
Aug 14, 2015, 2:19 PM
90 day probationary periods at most at will places of work.

pepperjack
Aug 14, 2015, 9:49 PM
At least 89 reasons right now why I'm fed up with my self-righteous, judgmental, " holy roller" neighbor ! :disgust: Had a final falling out because of his phoniness. Interestingly, his rationale & defense sound surprisingly much like pole_shit's, namely that he's only " telling the truth. " :rolleyes:

sysper
Aug 14, 2015, 10:22 PM
88-looks the same upside down, unlike 87

void()
Aug 14, 2015, 10:24 PM
87 then, due to getting flooring done, framing walls on morrow.

darkeyes
Aug 15, 2015, 11:58 AM
€86.. bargain price of a party dress bought in St Malo..

Annika L
Aug 15, 2015, 3:37 PM
Annika, darlin'? Restraints please.... *hold out arms*:impleased

*sigh* When self-discipline just isn't enough.

*clicks* soft cuffs onto naughty wrists. Dear, methinks you need some timeout. *leads Fran gently but firmly to the side-room* We'll be gone for at least a count of 30. *closes door softly*

sysper
Aug 15, 2015, 4:06 PM

*clicks* soft cuffs onto naughty wrists. Dear, methinks you need some timeout. *leads Fran gently but firmly to the side-room* We'll be gone for at least a count of 30. *closes door softly*
shouldn't that be a count of 85........who's being naughty now.......lol

pepperjack
Aug 15, 2015, 10:02 PM
Used to have an http://www.84lumber.com/HomeOwners.aspx just down the road from my place.

void()
Aug 15, 2015, 10:14 PM
83 because the count is now 83.

darkeyes
Aug 16, 2015, 5:41 AM

*clicks* soft cuffs onto naughty wrists. Dear, methinks you need some timeout. *leads Fran gently but firmly to the side-room* We'll be gone for at least a count of 30. *closes door softly**bobs up for air* 30 will do ver nicely, Annika... u may have another breath at 53.. in meantime 82 breaths shud c us fully recovered... continue.. :impleased

void()
Aug 16, 2015, 6:48 AM
81; Three freshly baked apple pies sat upon the window sill but I 81 now, two remain.

pepperjack
Aug 16, 2015, 8:42 AM
80's music and movies

void()
Aug 16, 2015, 2:55 PM
79 and going down

pepperjack
Aug 16, 2015, 6:27 PM
Approx. 78 seconds rebooting my desktop

void()
Aug 16, 2015, 9:10 PM
Approx. 78 seconds rebooting my desktop

77 more nails driven, all four studded walls up.

pepper: Think mine boots in like 30 seconds, though rebooting for me is rare. I do not need to defrag here either. I have actually even recompiled a kernel while still using a live system, it compiled correctly thankfully.

pepperjack
Aug 16, 2015, 9:15 PM
76 Trombones; iconic song from The Music Man.

void()
Aug 17, 2015, 6:20 AM
75 is three quarters of 100, 3/4, .75. I go through roughly that amount of e-juice each day in vaping, 3/4's of a milliliter. This is alright as my vaping tank holds around 3 milliliters and I top it off or complete empty, rinse the tank out and refill it about two to four days. I enjoy there not being ashes, or yellowed finger stains.

pepperjack
Aug 17, 2015, 5:06 PM
74 dollars ( minus the .98 cents), an unauthorized charge put on my credit card twice during the past two months by an unscrupulous company. Just spent 45 min. on the phone with my credit provider trying to resolve this. Looks hopeful. :impleased Has had me in a pissed off mood for days.

Lotsa numbers in this post but the significant one is at the forefront. :smilies15

void()
Aug 18, 2015, 6:24 AM
74 dollars ( minus the .98 cents), an unauthorized charge put on my credit card twice during the past two months by an unscrupulous company. Just spent 45 min. on the phone with my credit provider trying to resolve this. Looks hopeful. :impleased Has had me in a pissed off mood for days.

Lotsa numbers in this post but the significant one is at the forefront. :smilies15

73 The year 'Nam was allegedly officially over, done, finished. In around 1990-95 my uncle who had served in 'Nam told me it never would be finished.

pepper: Thanks for helping keep the numbers straight. <joking>I'm often losing 74 dollars over running this stupid shell company. It's all good though, some guy in Kansas takes care of it.</joking>

darkeyes
Aug 18, 2015, 9:06 AM
'72.. the National Union of Mineworkers crush the National Coal Board and the Tory Government of Edward Heath thus ending weeks of power cuts and a 3 day working week for much of industry and business during a 7 week strike and ensuring Heath's loss of political authority and fall from power 2 years later.

Just over a decade later, Margaret Thatcher wrecked an industry when she used the forces of the state to bully, intimidate and starve its workers (and starve their families too) back 2 work after a year long strike for no other reason than a desire for vengeance for the humiliation of Heath's government and its susequent defeat in the 1st general election of 1974.

Though alive by this time, I dont remember much of the second dispute being only 4 when it began, but my father's family were miners and they paid the price of that defeat like so many other communities in the British coalfields by redundancy and unemployment (my uncles and cousins), forced retirement (my grand-dad) and those communities becoming near ghost towns, but as I grew up it was difficult not to learn of the despair, hopeless and lack if opportunity which beset hundreds of thousands of people, including many in my family and their friends. 30 years later many of those communities have still not recovered...

void()
Aug 18, 2015, 10:10 AM
'72.. the National Union of Mineworkers crush the National Coal Board and the Tory Government of Edward Heath thus ending weeks of power cuts and a 3 day working week for much of industry and business during a 7 week strike and ensuring Heath's loss of political authority and fall from power 2 years later.

Just over a decade later, Margaret Thatcher wrecked an industry when she used the forces of the state to bully, intimidate and starve its workers (and starve their families too) back 2 work after a year long strike for no other reason than a desire for vengeance for the humiliation of Heath's government and its susequent defeat in the 1st general election of 1974.

Though alive by this time, I dont remember much of the second dispute being only 4 when it began, but my father's family were miners and they paid the price of that defeat like so many other communities in the British coalfields by redundancy and unemployment (my uncles and cousins), forced retirement (my grand-dad) and those communities becoming near ghost towns, but as I grew up it was difficult not to learn of the despair, hopeless and lack if opportunity which beset hundreds of thousands of people, including many in my family and their friends. 30 years later many of those communities have still not recovered...

Apologies for minor derail.

Fran, understand my sarcasm here. "Way to go monoculture colonization! Bravo! Good on ya, monoculture colonization."

This seems to be something heralded by the British, if not them wholly, at least by the East India Trading Company. They take a key crop, or fabrication from one place and sell it at high profit elsewhere. This gets them coffers to buy up other commodities to trade, sell.

Find it telling that here in the U.S. we are reviving that with talks of various trade deals and a near suicidal dependence on oil. All in the great and sacred name of Free Trade. If I recall from some history research the Opium Wars in China also revolved around the concept/idea of Free Trade. It took China ages to try overcoming heroin addiction of their population, not sure they fully have yet.

Not sure of you, yet know I for one am damn tired of this shit. This is why I do my best to no longer play their game. My wife will handle cash money for me and if she's not around, someone else will. I have one debit card which gets a modest stipend from travel expenses for limited doctoring I seek out. Will not ever again have credit/debt card. I do not use cell phones.

Yes, I use the InterTubes obviously enough. To me anymore the InterTubes is a tool, the same as guns are tools, shovels are tools too, hoes as well. I use various tools for various purpose and ends. Communication is often found on the InterTubes despite the odds. And communication helps in learning, living, loving, laughing. :) Find these four elements help create the cube of Light. And no, it's not a light what is dimmed by a switch, or dampened by some elite sending thugs to rouse one at unheard of hours for torture rounds.

It is a Light of knowing we all have a choice that none other may rend asunder. And in knowing this it is a Light of victory by not consenting. The elites cannot use it as a commodity either. I can give it away free and still aplenty to be had.

Hopefully, soon a vast multitude of others will come to see and begin to not consent as well. More the merrier as having our consent is what gives the elite their power. Let them have their blasted Free Trade. Bullocks it'll do 'em if no one else is involved with it. How can they profit if no one else plays Monopoly with them? Don't use their so called money and it becomes useless bits of paper to bin and burn.

Apologies if I sound akin to someone once dubbed the Uni-bomber. I assure you of my non-violence. That assurance is only backed by the honor of my word. Although, I will not promise anyone how well that would be honored if pushed for life or love. And I think many people do feel the same. No, not trying to incite or excite here. Merely observing how things are and expressing a view of frustration with a friend, and friends.

I think if we look toward this (http://is.gd/eoLwl7), we may find some bits of a solution. And no, not saying I've all the answers or solutions, or any I do have are correct. What I am saying is we need to start engaging one another, discussing solutions and finding ones to help toward a common goal of sustaining ourselves, the planet, life.

It's clear we cannot rely on the elite to offer more than a boot in the face. High time I think we start making boots enough for everyone to wear.

Again, apologies for the derail. Have been mauling a lot of late.

pepperjack
Aug 18, 2015, 1:13 PM
'71; award-winning, highly rated movie I'd like to see

void()
Aug 18, 2015, 3:50 PM
70 baked snap peas I eat.

pepperjack
Aug 18, 2015, 4:12 PM
Teacher: What comes after 69 ?
Student: Mouthwash.
Teacher: Get out ! ;):smilies15

darkeyes
Aug 18, 2015, 5:26 PM
68 CE... Suicide of the Roman Emperor Nero, bringing to a close the reign of the Julio-Claudian Emperors. The year of the 4 Emperor's begins with the accession of Galba culiminating in the crowning of Vespasian the following year...

...at last...:eek2:

void()
Aug 18, 2015, 5:29 PM
67 vendors of a product I looked for, did not have it.

pepperjack
Aug 18, 2015, 5:57 PM
Historic Route 66, slice of Americana.

darkeyes
Aug 18, 2015, 7:02 PM
Historic Route 66, slice of Americana.Historic route here is the A66 from Scotch Corner... 65 miles from Scotch corner down the 66 across the M6 and near 2 Windermere is a lickle cottage wer a ver attractive older lady wiv gud line in power dressing lives! ;)

pepperjack
Aug 18, 2015, 7:47 PM
64 ounces of water a day we should consume for optimal health, according to the experts.

"Power dressing" to me, Dark, is when an attractive woman looks like she has been poured into her perfectly fitting jeans. ;) :smilies15