PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Gleekybaby

showmeguy
Jun 22, 2006, 6:59 PM
wildangel recently placed a link to an emily dickinson poem in a thread begun by ddbma with the caption "Poetic Living". That poem reads as follows:

IF I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

there is one among us who embodies this ideal more obviously and more completely than any other

that one is Gleekybaby

gleekybaby has made personalized tags for the persons named in the following list (36 names in all so far) and i call to your attention the fact that each and every one of you is presented in these tags as beautiful and desirable and worthy of love.

each of these images involved some thoughtfulness and caring on her part, for each of them is in some sense accurate. bb and ladyd are not children, but there is some childlike quality in their relating, so that a tag in which they appear as children, as happy, loving children, has a kernel of truth in it. sexyleopard appears exactly as many of us imagine her - lithe and provocative. if arana does not have wings, it is an oversight on the part of god.

not one of these pictures is unflattering. and each recipient was made glad by the fact that she saw his or her beauty. i submit to you the proposition that she has not eased one life the aching or cooled one pain, not one, but dozens.

here are the names:

bb
ladydelaine
Fire Tiger
srana
ladymozart
bigregory
johnnyv
jennz
meteastchic
woolley girl
marrried_bi_memphis
littlerayofsunshine
ddbma
Hardon_bi69_ohio
misty_mockingbird
Confused4life
Cheshire_Cat
allbimyself
kitten
taz
spicey
texasman
rupert
stockingsguy
csrakate
wildangel
angeleyes
usedbear
charmed_goddess
cherry_Blossom
sexyLeopard
cody-bear
jennessex
delilah

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 22, 2006, 7:15 PM
We (gleeky and I) were talking about this earlier in chat. How many times I and LadyD have thanked her. And I said that we couldn't give enough thanks to her and its true. A truley selfless act, she gave to so many.

Thank you again Gleeky.. Thank you for the Tag, thank you for being here, Thank you for talking to me. Thanks for being a good person. Thank you for being you.

((((((((Gleeky))))))))))))

wildangel
Jun 22, 2006, 7:16 PM
Gleeky! You are such a beautiful spirit! I'm sure each and every one of us values our tag greatly as it embodies us wholly. I put my tag on my profile the second you posted it. I will cherish it always.

THANK YOU, GLEEKY!

wildangel
Jun 22, 2006, 7:17 PM
And also:

:bounce:That was a really great tribute, Showme! I'm sure she'll love it!:bounce:

ddbmma
Jun 22, 2006, 7:28 PM
I have to concur with much of what show has written. Sis,
has a done an work that is dispicable. It is so for the most
excellent reasons. One cannot hope to describe how
splenderous, vivrant, loving, compassionate her work has
been.

Personally, I'm in shock over how perceptive her views prove.
Thank you sis. Now, no more of this other bull. Come find me
and a punching bag, or else! Loves ya, gots to keep ya round.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( SIS )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

arana
Jun 22, 2006, 8:38 PM
What a lovely tribute Showme. And he is quite right Gleeky, you are a wonderful, caring and beautiful woman. We're very lucky to have you among us! Thank you for all the tags you've done for us.
Here's one for you.

codybear3
Jun 22, 2006, 9:25 PM
Kudos showmeguy...You got it right on the money... :paw: :paw:

P.S. - I got to be the first one to get a tag from "GLEEKYBABY" herself... :bigrin:

arana
Jun 22, 2006, 9:27 PM
Kudos showmeguy...You got it right on the money... :paw: :paw:

P.S. - I got to be the first one to get a tag from "GLEEKYBABY" herself... :bigrin:
yeah yeah yeah :tong: :tong: :tong: lol

ladydelanie
Jun 22, 2006, 10:46 PM
Wow..........

Showme, what can I say, this is so beautiful and so true....
thank you.....what a sweet and loving spirit you are!.....What you have said is so true........to you my friend I say DITTO!..... :)

Gleeky.........We have talked and talked.......you know how I feel about you and the person you are. You know how much we love you!
Everyday you blossom, just as we all should as humans......if we stop learning and loving we die inside.....

You my dear show love everyday by doing beautiful things for people, the tags and friendship, your laughter..........

Be good to yourself........remember, "to thine own self be true"

Love and ........Oh did I tell you thank you for our tags?...hehehe....LOL.. :tongue:

Hugs hun,

ladyd :love87:.........guess who else?.......lol

meteast chick
Jun 22, 2006, 10:47 PM
First off, that Emily Dickinson poem is one of my favorites...

Secondly, but most important, is our beloved Gleekybaby,
who has graced us with her talent and honored us with her thoughtfulness.
Thanks from me to you,

((((((((((((((((((((GLEEKYBABY)))))))))))))))))))) )

luv and kisses to our talented NZ friend,
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

JohnnyV
Jun 23, 2006, 12:48 AM
Gleeky,

The tags you made for me were so moving.... I'm glad I got to know you. And I hope I can be of help if you experience more hurdles.

J

mistymockingbird
Jun 23, 2006, 10:38 AM
Gleekybaby is a beautiful wonderful person. She was one of the first that befriended me here. I feel lucky to know her. I only wish we lived closer. lol

And I appreciate her generosity in giving me a tag that makes me look all innocent and sweet. She kept that secret. lol

Love you gleeky darlin

ladydelanie
Jun 23, 2006, 7:13 PM
Gleeky,

All I can say is :)

Showme.......again thank you!!......

Oh and Gleeky....did I thank you for the tags?......did bb?.......LMAO! :tong:

ladyd......:love1:

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 23, 2006, 11:05 PM
Gleeky,

All I can say is :)

Showme.......again thank you!!......

Oh and Gleeky....did I thank you for the tags?......did bb?.......LMAO! :tong:

ladyd......:love1:

Thank you for reminding me LadyD.

Thanks for the tags Gleekybaby

Gleekybaby
Jun 24, 2006, 9:06 PM
OMG... ur comments made me cry....

Thank u all so very much it means so much to me

love u all so so much

take care

love Gleeky

Haemoglobin
Jun 24, 2006, 11:39 PM
now im even more confused . im not sure whats going on really but ill simply keep my hands out of it . . so if everyone wants you to stay and you like it here , why not just stay - why makin a drama out of it . .

people describe you as a wonderful person , i vote for your stay if thats whats it all about here ;)

Gleekybaby
Jun 27, 2006, 8:08 AM
:grouphug: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Haemoglobin
Jun 28, 2006, 6:28 AM
now i know about this thing . . so again , im sorry . . i was just curious and confused before . . . hope to chat with you again too :three:

DÆMØN
Jun 28, 2006, 9:13 AM
Tags ? What tags? Avatars you mean? Or Signature pictures? deconfuzzle me Thanx :bigrin:

Gleekybaby
May 12, 2007, 5:43 PM
gosh thsi thread still makes me smile its so sweet :bigrin:

The Cheshire Cat
May 12, 2007, 6:35 PM
Yes. You did manage to capture our essence Gleekybaby. Still makes me grin... :tong: Cat

onewhocares
May 12, 2007, 8:52 PM
I have also had the pleasure of having our own creative Gleeky make a tag for me. She made me look beautiful and sensual- not something I am in everyday life. I can always dream.

Our little girl Gleeky is growing up, let her be a role model to others.

Showme, another wonderful tribute, your eloquence is delightful.

Belle

wanderingrichard
May 12, 2007, 9:43 PM
I have also had the pleasure of having our own creative Gleeky make a tag for me. She made me look beautiful and sensual- not something I am in everyday life. I can always dream.

Our little girl Gleeky is growing up, let her be a role model to others.

Showme, another wonderful tribute, your eloquence is delightful.

Belle

add me to the list of those for whom she's made youthful again..gosh the one she made me, it fits perfectly..sadly, i've not used the tag she made me, yet, mostly because i could never get it resized properly to fit here. which is my fault for not being up on digital photography.

so, it's probably more like about 40-50 gleeky has helped and never a peep of protest from her.

a week or so back we were talking about queens of the site.. gleeky may be the one hidden away as a baby to one day come back and claim her throne... :grouphug:

InsaneTyga
May 13, 2007, 2:30 PM
Saw this and just thought I'd add my :2cents:

I have the honor and the privilege to have Gleeky as my partner IRL and I would just like to say thank you to all of those that have stood by my gf through some of the trials that she has faced. She has talked about this place often, and with much love for those she knows here.I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the help and guidance you provided her with in her times of need -bows low-

gleeky is one of those special, rare people that if your lucky you will meet in your lifetime...caring, loving, will do anything for those who need help even to giving you the shirt off her back. This does lead to problems though...from people who would use her, try to own her, and has led to a lot of emotional pain for her in the past. After she has been through all she has, she is still kind and caring to all she meets without fail.

To gleeky
You changed my life when you walked into it...You made me the luckiest man in the world....and one of the happiest. Never lose who you are baby, because that would be a crime worse than anything I can imagine. I hope with all my heart that i have managed to bring a small dose of happiness into your life, and I also hope that I can continue to do this for many many years to come.

~Ty (insanity on paws)

Gleekybaby
May 13, 2007, 2:44 PM
*looks over at Tyga and gives him a huge huggle*
you rascal! thats so sweet you brought a tear to my eye!
not just a small amount of happiness, more like a huge amount i have never in soooo long been so happy, thank you for been in my life, and been my most wonderful partner.
also i just like to add to his comment that i love him with all my heart and thee sleep issues i have i am getting better with (he gets bursed when im sleeping) i love him with everything i have to love soem one with, he has been there for me and has helpped me in many many ways and with many things and it makes me happy that that i know i have too made him happy.
baby i thank you once more, this time for giving me a new life and a much muhc better one where tears do not come daily and been with you makes laughter easy!
love you baby, you are my life, and my heart belongs to you.
*big kisses and huggles babay*

aslo again thank you everyone from bisex who has helpped me with kicks up thee butts i swear my butt aint thee same but it worked i promise you that. i love you all and you will all always be in my heart. thank you *huggles and kisses noses*

creach
May 13, 2007, 10:15 PM
Plus one!

Gleekybaby has also made a tag for me, Creach, and whilst i don't chat with her as often as i should (apologies GB ! x x x) always think of her fondly!