PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual orchid

leizy
Jun 22, 2006, 4:11 PM
Bisexual orchid has intercourse with itself to ensure survival:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060621/sc_afp/sciencechinaorchid_060621184346

Now, come on - who out there hasn't thought about this, or tried it? I know when I was a jock, and really limber, I could get my head in my mouth. My wife and I have played with it a bit, "sharing" my cock. It's a strain, but coming on both of our mouths at once was really an exciting experience. Anybody else try this? (If I could do it well and easily, I doubt I'd ever leave home, and would probably soon look like a hunchback :)

david

Brian
Jun 22, 2006, 5:02 PM
come on - who out there hasn't thought about this, or tried itLOL.

Actually this brings up what I think is a serious subject, and that is the use of the word "bisexual" to mean "Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic". In a zoological context "bisexual" can mean exactly that (like in the article). But when referring to human biology it is a mistake to use the term "bisexual" in that way - hermaphroditic is the correct term I think. "bisexual" should mean only a duality of sexual orientation not duality of gender when it comes to humans, IMHO. But, some dictionaries are a bit vague on this as can be seen here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bisexual

The good dictionaries are clear that the term means different things depending on whether you are refering to animal/plant biology or human biology. But some of them, unless it is just me, are unclear on this point.

- Drew :paw:

ps. And just to add more confusion to the mix, Wordnet from Princeton University says:

Bisexual
adj
1: sexually attracted to both sexes [ant: heterosexual, homosexual]
2: having an ambiguous sexual identity [syn: epicene]Number 2 suggests "bisexual" is synonymous with "androgynous" - or is it just me? I have never heard bisexual used to mean "having an ambiguous sexual identity", and it smacks of denial and stereotyping. Also "bisexual" in the human context has nothing at all to do with "epicene" (see definition of "epicene": http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/epicene). Pat from Saturday Night Live has "an ambiguous sexual identity", but I do not in any way.

Geez, is a letter-writing campaign needed?

sulu1
Jun 22, 2006, 5:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leizy
come on - who out there hasn't thought about this, or tried it

I have got to admit I have thought about it!
But in all honesty I have never been subtle enough to try it! So leizy the thoughts right now - well they are mixed between envy to impressed from jealously to wow.

Yeh I agree with you too Drew. And I know that you are right most definitions suck (excuse the pun) but wow leizy can get his “anther through 360 degrees in order to insert it …….. [into his] stigma and you just gotta be impressed by that.

Anyway I comfort myself thinking that whist most lexicographers can spell sexual they don’t experience it (if I am wrong on this please let me keep this illusion).

smokey
Jun 22, 2006, 9:44 PM
i could do that when I was young and thin and beautiful (of course 7 inches helps :bigrin: ) if I tried it today I would throw my back out and it would be really embarrassing trying to explain what happened to my doctor, muchless the rescue squad :rolleyes: