PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costume for Hubby

Jobelorocks
Sep 14, 2012, 9:00 PM
Okay I need to come up with a costume idea for my hubby. I would like your guys help, but there are some rules. Nothing sexual, no cross dressing, he has to be covered up, nothing controversial, and please none of those corny pun or play on word costumes. Most of the rules are due to his job (all except the last one). They have to obey these rules, because he can get in trouble with his job if he doesn't follow these rules.

Anyways, my hubby says that he will be whatever as long as these rules are followed and I put it together for him. Keep in mind that I don't want it to be too expensive since we don't have tons of money.

Annika L
Sep 14, 2012, 9:24 PM
It's just me...but I believe that if a person doesn't care how they dress for Halloween, then they shouldn't wear a costume...just lock the door, stay home, and let us kids have fun.

Jobelorocks
Sep 14, 2012, 9:51 PM
I don't think that is really fair to say. He isn't creative in that way and a little lazy with costumes. He is a lot of fun, the life of the party, he is actually a big kid in many ways, just a very busy man that can't figure out a costume to wear.

Annika L
Sep 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's ok, Jo. My post was more about me than about your husband...I'm sure he's loads of fun at a party. Halloween is a religious holiday for me...I take it seriously, and I lack patience for people for whom it is a chore (i.e., I *make* time for it).

DuckiesDarling
Sep 14, 2012, 10:58 PM
Well, depends on what you got around the house really, personally I'd put some moisturizer on his face then some glitter so he "glows", a fake set of "fangs" and he's Twilight vamp.....

Jobelorocks
Sep 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
He would die if I did that. lol

DuckiesDarling
Sep 14, 2012, 11:05 PM
If he's a vamp, he's already dead, so go for it lololol

Jobelorocks
Sep 14, 2012, 11:08 PM
I would do that if I didn't hate the whole Twilight Saga. lol. It would be obnoxious just looking at him dressed as a Twilight style vampire. .

falcondfw
Sep 15, 2012, 12:52 AM
How do you feel about him? Is he your strong, muscular God? How about a Thor costume?

TemptingTom
Sep 15, 2012, 1:26 AM
I have always been fond of the Law Suit. He wears a suit and u pin a bunch of legal papers to it. It could be quite a conversation piece.
Tom

Jobelorocks
Sep 15, 2012, 8:44 AM
Well Falcon, I think more of him as my wiry, pale, super hot husband (but that is totally my type). lol. I always kind of fantasize about him being my personal trainer and then fucking me. lol. I feel like that is lame though. I don't think he is really a Thor type, maybe a Loki type. He looks more that part and is mischievous. I am not quite sure how I would do Loki though. He is into Norse mythology.

Tom, I said no pun or play on word costumes. Thanks for your input though.

Bisexual Explorer
Sep 15, 2012, 8:52 AM
How about dressing him up as a chef - apron (splattered with grease for reality), toque, etc? Everyone else will think it's clever. You, and all of us, will know it reminds you of how hot he is and how well his ladle stirs you up. Whatever you do, please let us see a picture.
Bisexual Explorer

Jobelorocks
Sep 15, 2012, 9:16 AM
I would show a picture, but he doesn't like his face to be shown publicly online. So if I do have one I will have to block out his face.

cannibal4
Sep 15, 2012, 9:25 AM
take some of the small box's of cereal, hot glue them to his shirt, stick a plastic knife in each box, take fingernail polish and paint blood coming from the box's. Take a hat and write " cereal killer" on it.

Jobelorocks
Sep 15, 2012, 9:35 AM
Thanks cannibal, but as I said, no pun or play on word costumes please.

Long Duck Dong
Sep 15, 2012, 9:56 AM
I would look at something like hannibal lector, the very intelligent, gentleman that would love to have you for dinner, literally...... cos its something like your partner really has the brains and just needs the suit to go with it...... the other aspects do not need to be addressed such as the brains in a lunchbox.......lol

at a work get together years ago, my stepfather got a pair of long johns, a hat and cut a hole in the middle of a old blanket and went as a mexican hombre...... I was there as the doorman and had fake tattoos, spikey coloured hair, boots, leather jeans and fingerless gloves, so I had the bikie look which worked well until the bosses son tried to pick a fight with me and found that the *tough guy * look was not just a costume.....

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
Charlie Chaplin or Bert from "Mary Poppins" easy enough costumes, well known characters. Hand made or thrift store finds can put the ensemble together.

Jobelorocks
Sep 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Maybe Charlie Chaplin. I can get the hat from ebay and the cane and rest of his get up at the thrift store. I like that idea. OOOO....

MtnMan
Sep 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
I'm not exactly sure why you've banned plays on words or puns, but I'm sure you have your reasons? Costumes, as was mentioned before, are for us adults to act like kids again and once you've matured your humor as adults, we like to increase our costuming menu to include more sophisticated levels of inventiveness. That said, you might try going to the street level. A mini-fridge might be cool (I was a radio one year), with a cardboard door that really opens and shows him stocked with all sorts of pictures of goodies--or a cupboard with the same effect. Just make sure he can get to his orafices to handle bodily needs--I've already made that mistake and it's not thrilling to have to unwrap yourself for five minutes if you have to pee!

Jobelorocks
Sep 15, 2012, 11:11 AM
I banned the play on word ones, because well I think they aren't funny (and always seem like last minute ideas and if it is something I am doing it is not last minute). I have never liked them and I am not going to dress my husband up in something I don't like. Anyways, I said that I don't want them and I don't see why people would care if I don't like them.

I think I might go with the Charlie Chaplin idea depending on how much it is going to cost me. I don't know how much it will cost me to get the hat and cane.

MtnMan
Sep 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
The specialty Halloween stores will have a hat and cane for minimum cost--hat is usually made out of a rigid pressed felt and the cane is plastic. From experience, have him try the hat on and then put a matching black terrycloth or similar absorption band on the inside of it--keeps it from irritating his skin.

Jobelorocks
Sep 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
I am probably going to get a little higher quality hat than those because we both have huge heads and those hats tend to be one size fits all. We know our hat sizes and I will probably order one, the rest I will probably get the rest at good will. I don't like buying over-priced cheapy stuff from those stores anyways.

falcondfw
Sep 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
Well, How about Hermes - Messenger of the Gods? Fast, Wiry, Important.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 16, 2012, 12:26 AM
Well Damn...there goes my "Little Schoolgirl" type of costume...lol You can try www.Partycostumes.com (http://www.Partycostumes.com) or several others. Heck, get him a white shirt, a plaid skirt, a blue ribbon and dress him up like a Scotsman in a kilt. Long knee socks, or long boots. He'll look cute and theres always that easy access for later...snicker.
Get a bed sheet, tie it at one shoulder and make him a Toga Boy. Roman SlaveBoy, or something like that..:}
Find him a night shirt and night cap, and a teddybear and socks..lol. Go to the WalMart and check out the Super Hero costumes they have this year. Some are Really great.

At Halloween youre supposta be something you arent, right? This year Im getting a long night shirt with two glittery, skeletal hands across each boob, going to put this long hair it high pig tails, lots of make up, and go as a "Babygirl" lol Get one of those Huuge suckers ti lick on all night long...LOL
Have fun, and make sure to get pics of ya'll, please. I'll get soime done here too..:}
Silly Cat.

Jobelorocks
Sep 16, 2012, 12:31 AM
Actually he already has a kilt and a sporran to go with it. He wears it a lot. If they weren't so dang expensive he would switch over to kilts full time. lol. He was actually joking around about saving money and doing the Charlie Chaplin idea, just Charlie Chaplin if he wore kilts. lol. That would be very.... original. My hubby is a silly man.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 16, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ok, so add on a twist. Get him some red n white Pippi Longstocking knee highs with his kilt, a lady Gaga wig of some sorts, Huge funky looking glasses...lol Bet he'd be cute...:} I'd love to see other members dressed up in hilarious costumes. :} You can wear a mask if you dont want to show your faces...lol. I wanna see Void in a kitty costume, Kate in a pair of "I love my weenie jammies", Peg in sexy Moose antlers and a maple leaf. Shoots dressed as a Naughty Cowboy, Miss Belle dressed as an erotic French Maid, DD in a cute Bustier,' black leggings, with one of my riding crops, And Realist dressed in a Fig leaf...Just a fig leaf.....snickering and running. Oh yes..and Justcurious in a cute little Sexual SlaveBoi costume, on the end of My leash...Oh My..! lol
Silly Cat

Jobelorocks
Sep 16, 2012, 1:01 AM
Unfortunately due to his job he can't really cross dress. I am actually going to be a train conductor, not the overall wearing sort, but the suit wearing sort with a fancy hat and a pocket watch. I like to be things that I know no one else (my age anyways) is going to be. Many of my ideas end up being costumes that usually only little boys dress as.

Gearbox
Sep 16, 2012, 6:52 PM
Zombie! I'm a zombie almost every year coz it's just ripped old cloths and some face paint. Does face paint count as makeup?lol

Jobelorocks
Sep 16, 2012, 7:39 PM
I was thinking possibly zombie, I have the makeup, liquid latex, brushes, sponges, a stippling sponge, fake blood, ect. to do a pretty good zombie. I do pretty well with special effects makeup. I just don't know if he would be able to deal with the makeup because it is too "itchy". He does have some beater clothes too that would be easy to use. It would take some convincing.